Lone Robber Escapes With Bt8m From Khon Kaen's UOB Bank Branch

webfact

Lone Robber Escapes with 8 Mil Baht

A lone gunman has escaped with eight million baht after robbing the bank officials unloading the 20 million baht deposit into the Khon Kaen's UOB Bank branch.

A lone gunman, armed with a pistol has pulled off a daring robbery at Khon Kaen's branch of UOB Bank where three bank officials were in charge of depositing the cash bags into the bank's counter, with a security guard watching at the door.

However, the robber used the pistol to threaten bank officials and told them to go behind the bank counter before grabbing two cash bags, and escaped on a motorcycle through Mitrapap Road .

The Group Four Company earlier received the 20 million baht from Khon Kaen's Makro Hypermarket branch for them to deposit at the UOB Bank.

This was a routine transaction for the companies and the bank, and the police are now hunting the down the lone robber.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-08-30

footer_n.gif

Gladly for MAKRO the cash was delivered INTO banks premises

and must be considered DELIVERED by MAKRO...... OR??????

If robbed outside bank, no delivery was done. So in this case, bank is at fault here, gladly......

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

wonder how many Thais can pronounce 'Lone Robber'?

I just asked my wife to say it and she said: "No Rubber" LOL!

EDIT: typo

few variations can be...'Low lobber'...'row nobber'...'low nobber'...endless possibilities depending on speech speed ? :-)

"and the police are now hunting the down the lone robber"

Should Read......... "And the police are now hunting the down the lone robber for their share"

robber has a gun , so .... they do not share with a .... ......dead robber :rolleyes::whistling::D

Hummm, let's see. Police find him, but he refuses to surrender and there is a gun fight in which he's killed. But then police state they were unable to recover the money as he must have hidden it somewhere before they found him.

Happy Pay Day for BIB!!!

:ph34r:

If robbed outside bank, no delivery was done. So in this case, bank is at fault here, gladly......

Glegolo

So the bank is at fault, gladly? Does it make any difference? What I want to know is what happened to the other 12 Million?

Thai banks are getting to be easy pickens....8M baht today by a long robber...a few days ago 4M baht when a whole ATM machine (just filled up with cash) was taken. I better go to the bank tomorrow and physically confirm they still have my cash; no on second thought I better not, as with my luck I might be there when a robbery is going on. ;)

Thai banks are getting to be easy pickens....8M baht today by a long robber...a few days ago 4M baht when a whole ATM machine (just filled up with cash) was taken. I better go to the bank tomorrow and physically confirm they still have my cash; no on second thought I better not, as with my luck I might be there when a robbery is going on. ;)

Once again the headline doesn't match the article.

I was wondering how on earth anyone could get away with 8 million baht from an ATM, and then of course, it turns out to have nothing to do with an ATM!

Glegolo

So the bank is at fault, gladly? Does it make any difference? What I want to know is what happened to the other 12 Million?

Since the lone robber only picked up two bags, it's a good bet the other B12M is in the other bags.

THANKS to TV members posted so far in this thread, gave me some good laughs :lol: :lol: :lol:

unfortunately I cant feel any pity for the bank here, I just wonder how much Makro made on a day? or was it a weekend`?

regards

rone wliter

THANKS to TV members posted so far in this thread, gave me some good laughs :lol: :lol: :lol:

unfortunately I cant feel any pity for the bank here, I just wonder how much Makro made on a day? or was it a weekend`?

regards

rone wliter

you thinking of a heist at makro huh??

The robber was a loan robber.

Ah Pattaya you have done it again. The crime capital and Sin city of the world. When will Thailand learn and close tis place down. Thailand is drowning and Pattaya is the anchor. So many stories every week of crimes, murders, pedophilles being found in the back streets, scams, and every other dirty thing you can think of comes out of Pattaya. <BR><BR>Thailand is a great place but Pattaya is sinking it.

Ah Pattaya you have done it again. The crime capital and Sin city of the world. When will Thailand learn and close tis place down. Thailand is drowning and Pattaya is the anchor. So many stories every week of crimes, murders, pedophilles being found in the back streets, scams, and every other dirty thing you can think of comes out of Pattaya. <BR><BR>Thailand is a great place but Pattaya is sinking it.

Geography or comprehension not your strong suit, then.

Maybe the key is in the words 'routine transaction' ; if every week/day really was the same then he could work out every detail in advance.

someone else did watch groundhog day then... Oh good.