Movies I Want To See

Garry

I'm sick at the moment so don't have to concentration to watch anything more challenging than Peppa Pig but I'll admit I have seen the odd review that wasn't quite as ecstatic as those you mention.

It will probably be one of those movies that walk off with the camera and special effects awards and be quickly forgotten.

I couldn't join in the rapturous applause for 2001: A Space Odyssey for similar reasons but it still sounds as though it is a better movie.

Edited by sceadugenga

The Wolf of Wall Street: Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort,

from his rise to a wealthy stockbroker living the high life to his fall

involving crime, corruption and the federal government.

http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=cht_bo_4

Buckle in gang as this one goes for 3 hours.

Would be a hard slog in a cinema sitting there for that long.

I really enjoyed this one. Glad to see Scorsese and DiCaprio

back together. Thought they were great in The Departed.

Really over the top in some ways but it was the eighties and nineties

I guess.

gravity has a storyline a nine year old child would write here is a girl who had 6 months training in NASA and when things go wrong then she can fly a Chinese pod with a language she cannot understand the story line really sucks if not for the great effects i would have stopped watching it in the first 15 minutes

American Hustle:

From IMDB: A con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive British partner, Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso. DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1800241/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A good story and a fantastic soundtrack. Also, a nice little cameo from DeNiro.

One of the best I've seen so far this year.

DALLAS BUYERS CLUB

Matthew McConaughey lost 40 pounds to play AIDS victim, entrepreneur, and ad-hoc activist Ron Woodruff.

http://screenrant.com/dallas-buyers-club-movie-2013-trailer-poster-images/

This is a great movie ..

Nice call kevvy.

The subject matter won't be everyone's cup of tea but a great movie.

McConaughey is fantastic.

• Like 1

DALLAS BUYERS CLUB

Matthew McConaughey lost 40 pounds to play AIDS victim, entrepreneur, and ad-hoc activist Ron Woodruff.

http://screenrant.com/dallas-buyers-club-movie-2013-trailer-poster-images/

This is a great movie ..

Nice call kevvy.

The subject matter won't be everyone's cup of tea but a great movie.

McConaughey is fantastic.

Here is another great series

True Detective ...By HBO

McConaughey is probably going to win an Emmy or a Golden Globe for his performance. He is so good in this show.And Woody Harrison is great in it two . Only 2 episodes so far so if you get a chance have a look .

Kevvy

• Like 1

Lone Survivor

Based on the best selling book of the same name.

From IMDB: Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious
al Qaeda leader Ahmad Shahd, in late June 2005. Marcus and his team are left to fight for
their lives in one of the most valiant efforts of modern warfare.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Really enjoyed this one gang.

It's out now, so if you see it, do yourself a favour and have a look.

• Like 2

Lone Survivor

Based on the best selling book of the same name.

From IMDB: Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious

al Qaeda leader Ahmad Shahd, in late June 2005. Marcus and his team are left to fight for

their lives in one of the most valiant efforts of modern warfare.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Really enjoyed this one gang.

It's out now, so if you see it, do yourself a favour and have a look.

Great movie. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Lone survivor is still a respectable and thought provoking film about the horrors of war which succeeds in its aim of respecting those who were injured and lost their lives on the operation in 2005. The film is ultimately a heartfelt tribute to those in the armed forces and, although it may not be for everyone, it is a must see for fans of war movies.As regarding stupid people on the planet

This could be anyone in the world...

heh sceadugena

I just watched another stupid movie...Avatar ..it was all about mountains floating in space and trees with little fairies floating around it. And these tall blue people riding a dragon type creature. The people who watch this must be stupid . Bloody hell, I have watched it 2 times , Oh well stupid is stupid does...

• Like 1

heh sceadugena

I just watched another stupid movie...Avatar ..it was all about mountains floating in space and trees with little fairies floating around it. And these tall blue people riding a dragon type creature. The people who watch this must be stupid . Bloody hell, I have watched it 2 times , Oh well stupid is stupid does...

Thought it was more about the exceptional abilities of a person with severe multiple disabilities and the way others exploit him:)

A bit like how people thought The Full Monty was about men taking their clothes off instead of the desperation unemployment causes?

I'll be honest, I thought that the original stupid people comment referred to those who made the movie for getting the location wrong.

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

heh sceadugena

So all because someone doesn't follow your cinematic criticisms, you give them the stupid moniker.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

heh sceadugena

So all because someone doesn't follow your cinematic criticisms, you give them the stupid moniker.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

No, it was all in fun..no one was serious garry ,

• Like 2

heh sceadugena

Thought it was more about the exceptional abilities of a person with severe multiple disabilities and the way others exploit him:)

How true Harry , been there done that . Some people think because you are disabled they can take advantage of you .Lost my friend of over 20 years because of this . When I needed him he just used me for his gain. I am sure there are movies about this .