BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Movies I Want To See

Went to see Gravity last night. Although I do not like 3D, this is a must see in that medium.

I just watched the first 2 episodes of the TV series Hannibal.

I was prepared to be disappointed having loved the Thomas Harris books and enjoyed the movies but the series have been handled differently so I wasn't sitting there making comparisons.

Most enjoyable.

I was prepared to be disappointed having loved the Thomas Harris books and enjoyed the movies but the series have been handled differently so I wasn't sitting there making comparisons.

Most enjoyable.

I haven't bought any dvds in a long time...what is the approx. going rate now for a dvd movie at tachilek? ...how much for a whole season of a TV program?

thanks

Most enjoyable.

I haven't bought any dvds in a long time...what is the approx. going rate now for a dvd movie at tachilek? ...how much for a whole season of a TV program?

thanks

30 baht for a single movie....whole season program about 20-25 baht each disc.........recently bought about 2000 baht, was given 150 baht discount...quality is good..happy viewing..

With all the HD programing on True Vision these days I no longer find myself downloading movies or buying DVDs.

With all the HD programing on True Vision these days I no longer find myself downloading movies or buying DVDs.

With all of the censoring on Thai TV, I rarely watch any movies on True.

Let's see, they pixelate nudity, guns, smoking, swearing and violence.

It's outrageous. They will show someone on the news jumping off a building

and lying there in a pureed mess but if the guy is holding a smoke, it's pixelatedfacepalm.gif

I hate the idea of settling into a domestic routine again... hey, 6pm, must be Game of thrones on HBO.

OK, there's the new fangled TVs that save your programs but my hard drive would overload before you could blink.

Re: censorship, don't you just love Thai soapies where the guy bashes his g/f senseless in plain view then they pixelate out his cigarette that he calms his nerves with...

I am the exact opposite. I have lived such an unstructured life, I quite like and perhaps need, the modicum of routine provided by knowing that it is time to feed and walk the dogs or time to watch a favorite show on TV. I am watching The Blacklist at the moment.smile.png

I think we're retirees first and everything else is secondary to that.

If you cannot enjoy your retirement doing exactly what you want then you may as well have stayed at work.

Some need a new working life, hobbies, good deeds etc; some need structure and organisation others loaf and fade away.

The slightly anarchic lifestyle suits me fine.

• Like 1

Just finished The Reluctant Fundamentalist and I really enjoyed this one.

http://www.imdb.com/...7/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: A young Pakistani man is chasing corporate success on Wall Street. He finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis, and the enduring call of his family's homeland.

I have to say I enjoyed this one a lot more than the rating of 6.6 given on IMBD. To be honest, I prefer the reviews

given on "At the Movies" with Margaret and David http://www.abc.net.a...xt/s3750461.htm

I'm giving it a 7.5.

I get virtually 100% of my movie information off of Wikipedia, it doesn't judge... just gives you the basics of the plot and a few stories about making it etc.

The only time I go to IMDB is if I'm looking for the full cast or something obscure.

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I love the way they disagree sometimes. Heh has anyone seen mystery road yet?

Some of my all time favs. Man on fire is just so good taken is also excellent as is blood diamond....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Man on Fire is an all time favorite, one of Denzel Washington's best.

• Like 1