BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Movies I Want To See

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I culd watch blood diamond over and over which i do . What a great film

I had a look for an old Aussie movie called NewsFront yesterday, seems to have disappeared.

great show , not just the acting but the way made it looked like the real thing .

I have found some blu ray copies but they are in Aus . I am going there next year so I will get one as I would love to have it too.

A great movie,, is "the intouchable",, a french film, some time ago I posted, a movie site 2k movies, that has been deleted, restarted as 4k movies. The site gives you a choice of latest releases.. must have good anti virus protection, its a good site for people in the CR region.

I just watched 42 the recent movie about Jackie Robinson the first black American to play baseball in the big league.

Even though baseball is a foreign sport I quite enjoyed it, pretty typical movie of the genre, guy triumphs over heavy odds and gets his just deserts in the end.

I found the politics of baseball just after WW2 interesting, the team manager was banned for a year for immoral behavior...

Wouldn't be hardly a player left in any pro sport these days. laugh.png

Edited by sceadugenga

Seen the movie as well , I really enjoy baseball moves as I went to many games when I lived in Chicago. The atmosphere was good but not as Aussie rules ... Watched Quigley Down Under again this week . I like Tom Selleck as a actor.Watching the new season of Blue bloods . I like this too.

I just watched 42 the recent movie about Jackie Robinson the first black American to play baseball in the big league.

Even though baseball is a foreign sport I quite enjoyed it, pretty typical movie of the genre, guy triumphs over heavy odds and gets his just deserts in the end.

I found the politics of baseball just after WW2 interesting, the team manager was banned for a year for immoral behavior...

Wouldn't be hardly a player left in any pro sport these days. laugh.png

Saw that one a couple of weeks ago Scea.

No surprises but not bad. I'd rate it a 7 maybe 7.5.

Just finished watching the TV series Orange Is the New Black.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2372162/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I enjoyed this one. About a woman in her mid thirties who gets

sentenced to 15 months prison after a decade old crime.

There's some real quirky characters in this one and the lesbian

prison sex isn't too bad eitherwink.png

In my campaign to catch up with some of the TV I missed out on last century while I was doing other things I just finished the first season of Auf Weidersehen Pet.

Great Brit comedy with Jimmy Nail truly funny as Oz.

I had some time to kill at the Mall yesterday while waiting for my wife. A quick look at the movies playing and I thought I might enjoy watching part two of the Hunger Games, and as luck would have it, the next showing was just about to start.

I fumbled around with one of their machines until a cute little girl came over to help this first-timer, as I don't usually go to the movies alone. I settled into my comfortable seat to watch the adverts. When the movie started I was surprised to find they had all learned to speak perfect Thai, since part one.

Of course I felt quite stupid for not noticing this was the Thai language version of the movie. Thought briefly about leaving but after a few minutes I got used to these unfamiliar voices coming from these very familiar actors.

Before long I took no more notice of the language being spoken and enjoyed the rest of the movie. In the old days the soundtrack was interrupted by the voice over but that is no longer the case it seems. Anyway I enjoyed the movie, in spite of my blunder.smile.png

So are any of the movies broadcast in the original English?

Most western movies are original soundtrack but they usually have a Thai version available, too. I was simply not paying attention and chose the wrong one because the time was so convenient. They are clearly labeled if one bothers to look, which I clearly did not.