Movies I Want To See

Garry

This topic goes all the way back to 2010 as my quote illustrates. Things have changed considerably over the years and I was wondering if anyone still watches DVDs? My two most recent computers don’t even have a DVD drive and I now have all my movies on a hard drive in MKV files.

I don't have a wish list. I just search for new stuff on the torrents and download whatever grabs my interest.

I admire your effort to broaden the scope of topics on the forum, however. I wish more people would volunteer subjects or hobbies they are interested in and offer to get together with others who might be interested in the same thing. You never know until you try.

We can do so much more than ask questions of questionable merit, sometimes, receive answers and then disappear without so much as a thank you. Think outside the box. Make a contribution. smile.gif

Me too. My last major foray into DVDs was the Complete Works of W. Shakespeare a few months ago (I Kyd you not) from the BBC, about 35 DVDs, via Amazon. I doubt if this is on Pirate Bay, but even if it was I'd prefer to pay for it, as I have no problem supporting the arts.

More recently I got a Harry Potter box set at CM Airport Plaza, great fun with the kids, and plenty of language and subtitle options.

For my laptop and tablets I use an external drive anyway as I have a few apps that I ike to instal from disk.

Well the technology has changed a lot even in the nearly 5 years since Garry started this thread. I've been looking at the TV subforum for IT, and it seems that some are using online movie streaming services like Netflix, and even Plex media serving to stream their own content back homeI They are all fantastic technologies of course, but me personally I'm using True for movies, and old-style DVDs. I'm trying to de-tech my life here (I guess this is a kind of de-tox) , but still haven't completely succeeded.

:-) The Bicycle Thieves, I remember it from the 70's art movie circuit in London, thanks for the link.

I've never seen The Ugly American, but Brando at his best is as good it gets.

http://stream.selon.biz/full.php?movie=0056632

woohoo bm,

thanx for that.

I just attempted a registration an hour ago, and somehow I was pushed sideways onto the UK's 'movielush' site - but that site doesn't Rent/Sell the 'UglyAm' movie, which became obvious, after I registered and tried to find it.

Oh well!! - deregister, refund, and try again...

EDIT...

...hmmm, trying again the link is really going to selon movie this time around..., so things may be looking good after all partytime2.gif

ugly american is one movie any expat will be worth his while sitting down and watching sometime during one's tenure in LOS.

Better than 1984 and Pavlov's Dog fersure, and I bet the 'ugly american' movie wouldn't be allowed to be filmed again in-country in these times... ph34r.png

Edited by tifino

• 2 months later...

Just finished a BBC series called Peaky Blinders, which is about

gangsters in Birmingham in the 1920's.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A really good show. If you like Boardwalk Empire, you will

like this one as IMO, it's a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM12mcTEI88

I finally found some workable sub-titles and got around to watching it, 9 1/2 out of 10 for sure.

The good news is a third series is being made, hopefully kicks off this year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just downloading the first two episodes of the new BBC series "The Last Kingdom".

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/oct/22/the-last-kingdom-filipa-jodelka

I'm really looking forward to it, the books were great and I'm always up for a bit of history well mixed with boobs and bloodshed.

Not bad so far. It seems to cover the same period as The Vikings on the History Chanel but from a very different perspective. I like those old period pieces and I’m watching the Bastard Executioner as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just read a review of NZ movie Hunt for the Wilderpeople, released next month.

A national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush.

Director: Taika Waititi
Writers: Taika Waititi (screenplay), Barry Crump (based on the book by)
Stars: Sam Neill, Julian Dennison, Rima Te Wiata |

Sam Neill is always a good bet.

Released next month.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just read a review of NZ movie Hunt for the Wilderpeople, released next month.

A national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush.

Director: Taika Waititi

Writers: Taika Waititi (screenplay), Barry Crump (based on the book by)

Stars: Sam Neill, Julian Dennison, Rima Te Wiata |

Sam Neill is always a good bet.

Released next month.

Looking forward to this one mate.

A friend of a friend saw it and reckons it was the best movie he's seen in ages.

Edited by Will27

The Brothers Grimsby, Sacha Baron Cohen,British humour,so Americans

might not get it ,or Germans, but my Thai wife was laughing as much as me.

see it on Solarmovie or filmpub. stream it.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...