Movies I Want To See

I watched The Abyss yesterday, it had it's moments but the ending was a bit corny.

On a personal ranking scale I'd give it 7/10 as opposed to nines for Avatar and Alien.

I suppose it shows that we all like different things in a movie or TV shows.

I'm currently in mourning after watching the last episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Jimmy Nail is an amazing comic talent, I have his Spender series to watch later.

I am glad you took the time to watch it ...thanks..

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone who has read the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child will have a great deal of difficulty seeing Tom Cruise in the role. There's about half a meter height difference to start with.

A little taste of Ireland that I found in Tops today, a former member who still lurks under other names may be interested...

I don't have a wish list. I just search for new stuff on the torrents and download whatever grabs my interest. I admire your effort to broaden the scope of topics on the forum, however. I wish mo

Posted Images

Trend Setters

TV series Ray Donovon

From IMDB: Ray Donovan, a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in LA, can make anyone's

problems disappear except those created by his own family.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A really good first series. For me, one of the finds of the year.

Do yourself a favour and have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeIeWqm0jc

had a look and getting it tomorrow thanks will27

• Like 1

I watched American Gangster yesterday, a remarkable film.

Yes, a fantastic movie with strong performances by Russell Crowe and

Denzel Washington.

In the extra's on the dvd, was interesting to note that the 2 main characters

Frank Lucas and Ritchie Roberts because quite close.

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/americangangster.php

The Family

Robert De Niro

Michelle Pfeiffer

Tommy Lee Jones

In The Family, a mafia boss & his family are relocated to France under the witness protection program after snitching on the mob.Michelle Pfeiffer's performance is the reason to see the film.

Luc Besson (Director)has built a career on stylish and thrilling action films, and "The Family" is a mess compared to such earlier efforts as "Le Femme Nikita" and "Léon: The Professional." But for what it is, it works, while reminding us and again to not take it too seriously.

\

I watched The Abyss yesterday, it had it's moments but the ending was a bit corny.

On a personal ranking scale I'd give it 7/10 as opposed to nines for Avatar and Alien.

I suppose it shows that we all like different things in a movie or TV shows.

I'm currently in mourning after watching the last episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Jimmy Nail is an amazing comic talent, I have his Spender series to watch later.

I did recommend reading the book based off of the movie, before your see the movie. It will make a whole lot more sense. Like how the big guy recovered from the pretty nasty head injury, makes the drop on the special forces guy and then he asks about the angel he saw. :)

Edit: typos

Edited by Garry

Amazing the level of corruption in the New York police at that time.

Nearly as bad as Sydney. Posted Image

Sydney!!!!!! That is such a NICE city . Oh I come from Melbourne 

Guys that idiot in a Queensland is taking stupidity and flaunting the rule of law to a whole new level,