Movies I Want To See

Garry

You would be surprised where you find them, I picked up an old Chips Rafferty movie in Vientiane a couple of years back.

Another find was Walkabout in one of the shops in Tachilek.

With a young Jenny Agutter swimming naked it may not be to everyone's taste though. cool.png

You would be surprised where you find them, I picked up an old Chips Rafferty movie in Vientiane a couple of years back.

Another find was Walkabout in one of the shops in Tachilek.

With a young Jenny Agutter swimming naked it may not be to everyone's taste though. cool.png

That scene was cut out for the American release . Another great Aussie film is "rabbit proof fence " it is a true story .The policies depicted in the film were enforced by the Australian government, we are told until 1970. Aboriginal children of mixed race were taken by force from their mothers and raised in training schools that would prepare them for lives as factory workers or domestic servants.The 3 girls who were taken start walking toward their homes. It will be a journey of 1,500 miles. They have within their heads an instinctive map of the way and are aided by a fence that stretches for hundreds of miles across the outback of Australia , to protect farmlands from a pestilence of rabbits. Great Film

my home theatre .. hall leading to home theatre room.

projector Mitsubishi HC9000d 3D home projector

screen , outstanding picture viewing at any angle Cinematic curvature.

Polk audio speakers

Pioneer elite amps and blue ray player

18" 350 watt sub woofer .

post-164407-0-99664600-1378043557_thumb.

post-164407-0-09443200-1378043796_thumb.

post-164407-0-86515800-1378043930_thumb.

One of the best movies I've seen this year is The imposter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1966604/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A documentary based around a missing 13 year old boy from Texas.

Three years later, the family gets a called from the police in Spain

saying he has been found.

If you get the chance, do yourself a favour and have a look.

I have seen this and you are right , what a great film.The Imposter has many lessons for the rest of us, it reinforces the golden rule, never assume anything about anyone.

Just downloading it.

Is it a true doco or a movie based on real events?

@sceadu

hi

check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bourdin

The private investigator who realised serial con-artist Frédéric Bourdin had impersonated missing American schoolboy Nicholas Barclay is hopeful he will find the teenager's body .

New film 'The Imposter' by British director Bart Layton, tells the astonishing true story of how Bourdin persuaded an American family that he was their lost son Nicholas.

Nicholas vanished from near his home in San Antonio, Texas, in 1994 when he was 13 years old.

Bourdin was found by police huddling in a phone box in Linares, Spain, three years later and managed to convince the authorities and Nicholas' family that he was the missing schoolboy.

He kept up the pretence for three-and-a-half months, moving into the teenager's bedroom and even attending a local school, before he was outed by private investigator Charlie Parker.

Just downloaded a new iPad app called Parallels Access.

You can access your computer anywhere around the house on your iPad.

Great for sitting out on the deck watching a movie.

@sceadu

I have a few TV's around my house , lounge room , kitchen , back deck, they are all connected to my computer , so I can watch movies while I am cooking or listen to music videos , it isnt hard to do .just need hdmi cable connected to each device.

Yeah, I have a lot of movies on a laptop and external drive and just plug it into the TV with a HDMI cable.

I see the app is only a free trial so plenty of time to see if I'll use it.

Here's a review.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/tablets/parallels-access-how-your-ipad-can-run-your-mac-or-pc-20130830-2sv8m.html

Yeah, I have a lot of movies on a laptop and external drive and just plug it into the TV with a HDMI cable.

I see the app is only a free trial so plenty of time to see if I'll use it.

Here's a review.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/tablets/parallels-access-how-your-ipad-can-run-your-mac-or-pc-20130830-2sv8m.html

@sceadu

thanks . i will check it out ..

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched "Save Your Legs!" about an Australian Saturday afternoon cricket team that gets to tour India.

Funny with great scenic shots even if you have no interest in the sport.

if you like Aussie tv series , try "rake" the Americans are now doing a series about the same .

Bad Boy Bubby (Aussie cult film)

Review : imbd

I saw this film for the first time years ago, and it never left my mind. I have since seen it many times and for each time i see something new, or something i missed. It's an ongoing story, that changes side by side the changes i go through, while going through life. The film is dark, it's very in your face. Strong images and a deep sadness is present for the most parts of the plot. But it has another more interesting side, and that is the naive and curious mindset of Bubby. how he deals with life, and how i learns and how he imitates life, is a lesson learned for everyone. To me it's all about being able to adjust, to create, even when all you have is shattered. There is a way in every situation. It may not be the common way, it may not be normal, but what ever path you find, is right for you. The people in the film are real, there is no glamour. Yoy believe their story, even if you only get little sneak peaks of how things used to be. I would call it a feel good movie. Some people might say that is a very strange thing to say about Bad boy Bubby. But Bad boy Bubby is a very strange film as well. A 10 it is.

save your legs , just watched it , really enjoyed the Aussie humour.

just found out that the Australian horror movie "wolf creek " will be hitting the screens again with he sequel "wolf creek 2 "

release date 20th February 2014, But I really think no one on this site will be interested .

Wolf Creek 2 PostTagIcon.png Tags: Aussie, australia, australian, Darclight, Greg McLean, John Jarratt, KILLERS, Philipe Klaus, realism, realistic, Ryan Corr, SEQUELS, Shannon Ashlyn, Wolf Creek
wolfcreekposter2.thumbnail%203.jpg
twolfcreek2art_0.jpg
Lured by the promise of an Australian holiday, backpackers Rutger, Katarina, and Paul visit the notorious Wolf Creek Crater. Their dream Outback adventure soon becomes a horrific reality when they encounter the site’s most infamous local, the last man any traveler to the region ever wants to meet; Mick Taylor (John Jarratt).

As the backpackers flee, Mick pursues them on an epic white knuckled rampage across hostile wasteland. Only one will remain to be dragged back to his lair to witness the true magnitude of his monstrosity. And if the last man standing is to have any hope of surviving where no one else has survived before, he’ll have to use every ounce of cunning to outwit the man behind the monster and become every bit as ruthless as the monster inside the man.

Just watched "Save Your Legs!" about an Australian Saturday afternoon cricket team that gets to tour India.

Saw this one on a plane a while ago Scea. It gave me a chuckle.

Funny enough, my friends in Oz haven't heard about it so not sure

if it was on at the theatres or went straight to dvd.

if you like Aussie tv series , try "rake" the Americans are now doing a series about the same .

Rake is seriously funny. Richard Roxburgh as lawyer Cleever Greene is hilarious.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587000/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I've posted this in the fun and entertainment forum where these should probably

be, but will post it here anyway.

Top of the Lake

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I'll start off by saying that this 7 part series won't be everyone's cup of tea.

But if you like a dark brooding, well written drama, it may well be.

Written and directed by Jane Campion, it's about a 12 year old pregnant girl
who tries to commit suicide and then after being rescued, suddenly disappears.

A dogged detective who refuses to give up the search for her and in doing so finds
herself in knee-deep small town secrets.

IMDB gives this a 7.5 whereas I would rate it an 8.5.

Highly recommended.

^^Borrowing it off the internet now. cool.png

There was a comedy series on the ABC... I think.... a few years back about a married couple who were lawyers, their receptionist was a really stunning Asian girl.

Can't for the life of me remember it's name.

Or much else these days. unsure.png

Edited by sceadugenga

Saw this one on a plane a while ago Scea. It gave me a chuckle.

Funny enough, my friends in Oz haven't heard about it so not sure

if it was on at the theatres or went straight to dvd.

I told my mates from Melbourne about it and they had not heard of it either.maybe you are right and went straight to DVD.

^^Borrowing it off the internet now. cool.png

There was a comedy series on the ABC... I think.... a few years back about a married couple who were lawyers, their receptionist was a really stunning Asian girl.

Can't for the life of me remember it's name.

Or much else these days. unsure.png

@sceadu

are you thinking of Dharma &Greg the first episode aired in 1997 ..

That's them!

Great stuff. laugh.png

I am glad I made you happy this morning , I seen this series too, it is so funny , and yet wasn't that popular .I think the reason was because it was on the ABC Television. That station has many great and wonderful shows , but do do get the recognized till they go to a commercial station.

Just tried to fin it on the web... No one has it . Then I looked on eBay Australia , and found one for $10 the whole series . I am going back to Aus this year so I am going to buy it . I then will give you one copy.