Movies I Want To See

Garry

save your legs , just watched it , really enjoyed the Aussie humour.

just found out that the Australian horror movie "wolf creek " will be hitting the screens again with he sequel "wolf creek 2 "

release date 20th February 2014, But I really think no one on this site will be interested .

Wolf Creek 2 PostTagIcon.png Tags: Aussie, australia, australian, Darclight, Greg McLean, John Jarratt, KILLERS, Philipe Klaus, realism, realistic, Ryan Corr, SEQUELS, Shannon Ashlyn, Wolf Creek

wolfcreekposter2.thumbnail%203.jpg
twolfcreek2art_0.jpg
Lured by the promise of an Australian holiday, backpackers Rutger, Katarina, and Paul visit the notorious Wolf Creek Crater. Their dream Outback adventure soon becomes a horrific reality when they encounter the site’s most infamous local, the last man any traveler to the region ever wants to meet; Mick Taylor (John Jarratt).

As the backpackers flee, Mick pursues them on an epic white knuckled rampage across hostile wasteland. Only one will remain to be dragged back to his lair to witness the true magnitude of his monstrosity. And if the last man standing is to have any hope of surviving where no one else has survived before, he’ll have to use every ounce of cunning to outwit the man behind the monster and become every bit as ruthless as the monster inside the man.

Hostile wasteland.......??????

Beautiful country. I spent about six months walking backwards and forwards across that wasteland many years ago doing a geological survery. Ah well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I drove into the Outback including Cape Yorke peninsula this year and it is certainly spectacular country.

I'm not sure I would want to be wandering around in it without adequate preparation though.

@sceadu

I love Aussie films as well. have you seen this one ..

the big steal .......

Footscray, a suburb of Melbourne. There are two things Danny Clark (Ben Mendelsohn) really wants a Jaguar car and the attentions of the beautiful Joanna Johnson (Claudia Karvan). However, much to his embarrassment, his parents give him a car for his birthday their old Nissan Cedric. However, when Danny is able to ask Joanna out, he tells her he owns a Jag. There's no backing down, so Danny and his friends pay a visit to a used car dealership run by the distinctly dodgy Gordon Farkas (Steve Bisley) and he trades in the Cedric for a Jag. But the date is a disaster, and the car turns out to be a dud and the contract he signed with Farkas turns out not to be worth the paper it's written on. With the help of his mates, Danny sets out to put things right.

I loved this film as I am a jaguar person . I was so sad to them them behind in Aus.

• 3 weeks later...

THE HEAT

The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy cops. How on earth, can this go wrong? The Heat is funny with hilarious dialogue and some smart ass entertainment. Bullock and McCarthy comic energy makes it almost impossible to find flaws in this movie, which there is, but deniable. The Heat is by far the funniest movie 2013.McCarthy is a force of comic nature.With the film, Melissa McCarthy definitively cements her status as a legitimate comic talent, leaving Sandra Bullock stumbling behind in her wake.
6.5/10
Kevvy

I drove into the Outback including  Cape Yorke peninsula this year and it is certainly spectacular country.

I'm not sure I would want to be wandering around in it without adequate preparation though.

@sceadu

I love Aussie films as well. have you seen this one ..

the big steal  .......

Footscray, a suburb of Melbourne. There are two things  Danny Clark (Ben Mendelsohn) really wants a Jaguar car and the attentions of the beautiful Joanna Johnson (Claudia Karvan). However, much to his embarrassment, his parents give him a car for his birthday their old Nissan Cedric. However, when Danny is able to ask Joanna out, he tells her he owns a Jag. There's no backing down, so Danny and his friends pay a visit to a used car dealership run by the distinctly dodgy Gordon Farkas (Steve Bisley) and he trades in the Cedric for a Jag. But the date is a disaster, and the car turns out to be a dud and the contract he signed with Farkas turns out not to be worth the paper it's written on. With the help of his mates, Danny sets out to put things right.

I loved this film as I am a jaguar person . I was so sad to them them behind in Aus.

Though there is a movie released in the US. My favorite Aussy muscle car movie: Running on Empty.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Had lunch with board movie aficionado Will27 yesterday and he gave me a bundle of his discards including Trance, The Iceman and the new series Hannibal.

Also a series called House of Cards about greed, sex and corruption in Washington. I like true to life stories. laugh.png

• Like 1

Had lunch with board movie aficionado Will27 yesterday and he gave me a bundle of his discards including Trance, The Iceman and the new series Hannibal.

Also a series called House of Cards about greed, sex and corruption in Washington. I like true to life stories. laugh.png

Scea, House of Cards is excellent.

If you get a chance, also have a look at The Newsroom.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1870479/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Series 2 has just finished. Have not seen it as yet but series

1 was fantastic.

I wish more people would volunteer subjects or hobbies they are interested in....

I started making some mobiles recently. Made three using shells I picked off the beach in Krabi last year. am gearing up to make some - using gaudy beads I got from a cheapo necklace I bought in Tachilek.

Just bought two sessions of the TV drama NIKITA from Tachilek....waiting for more to come....

Anyone happen to know if you can get the USA series "24" with Keifer Sutherland in Tachllek?

Yep,

I've seen it there. Not too sure when and where but it's there.

There's only a few places DVD places worth looking at anyway.

Edited by Will27

For some locals and myself โคตรฮิต is an excellent internet source for broadening my apparently quite limited knowledge and scope of presently available mainstream movies and for finding other movies you may like and want to see together with friends and family.

After having watched too many Disney cartoons me and my kids became quite quickly addicted to the stylish little bit different Japanese Ghibli cartoons, such as e.g. "Castle in the Sky."

I just watched the first 2 episodes of the TV series Hannibal.

I was prepared to be disappointed having loved the Thomas Harris books and enjoyed the movies but the series have been handled differently so I wasn't sitting there making comparisons.

Most enjoyable.

I was prepared to be disappointed having loved the Thomas Harris books and enjoyed the movies but the series have been handled differently so I wasn't sitting there making comparisons.

Most enjoyable.

I haven't bought any dvds in a long time...what is the approx. going rate now for a dvd movie at tachilek? ...how much for a whole season of a TV program?

thanks

Most enjoyable.

I haven't bought any dvds in a long time...what is the approx. going rate now for a dvd movie at tachilek? ...how much for a whole season of a TV program?

thanks

30 baht for a single movie....whole season program about 20-25 baht each disc.........recently bought about 2000 baht, was given 150 baht discount...quality is good..happy viewing..

With all the HD programing on True Vision these days I no longer find myself downloading movies or buying DVDs.

With all of the censoring on Thai TV, I rarely watch any movies on True.

Let's see, they pixelate nudity, guns, smoking, swearing and violence.

It's outrageous. They will show someone on the news jumping off a building

and lying there in a pureed mess but if the guy is holding a smoke, it's pixelatedfacepalm.gif

I hate the idea of settling into a domestic routine again... hey, 6pm, must be Game of thrones on HBO.

OK, there's the new fangled TVs that save your programs but my hard drive would overload before you could blink.

Re: censorship, don't you just love Thai soapies where the guy bashes his g/f senseless in plain view then they pixelate out his cigarette that he calms his nerves with...

I am the exact opposite. I have lived such an unstructured life, I quite like and perhaps need, the modicum of routine provided by knowing that it is time to feed and walk the dogs or time to watch a favorite show on TV. I am watching The Blacklist at the moment.smile.png

I think we're retirees first and everything else is secondary to that.

If you cannot enjoy your retirement doing exactly what you want then you may as well have stayed at work.

Some need a new working life, hobbies, good deeds etc; some need structure and organisation others loaf and fade away.

The slightly anarchic lifestyle suits me fine.

• Like 1

Just finished The Reluctant Fundamentalist and I really enjoyed this one.

http://www.imdb.com/...7/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: A young Pakistani man is chasing corporate success on Wall Street. He finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis, and the enduring call of his family's homeland.

I have to say I enjoyed this one a lot more than the rating of 6.6 given on IMBD. To be honest, I prefer the reviews

given on "At the Movies" with Margaret and David http://www.abc.net.a...xt/s3750461.htm

I'm giving it a 7.5.

I get virtually 100% of my movie information off of Wikipedia, it doesn't judge... just gives you the basics of the plot and a few stories about making it etc.

The only time I go to IMDB is if I'm looking for the full cast or something obscure.

• Like 1