Movies I Want To See

Garry

I watched The Abyss yesterday, it had it's moments but the ending was a bit corny.

On a personal ranking scale I'd give it 7/10 as opposed to nines for Avatar and Alien.

I suppose it shows that we all like different things in a movie or TV shows.

I'm currently in mourning after watching the last episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Jimmy Nail is an amazing comic talent, I have his Spender series to watch later.

I am glad you took the time to watch it ...thanks..

Trend Setters

TV series Ray Donovon

From IMDB: Ray Donovan, a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in LA, can make anyone's

problems disappear except those created by his own family.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A really good first series. For me, one of the finds of the year.

Do yourself a favour and have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeIeWqm0jc

had a look and getting it tomorrow thanks will27

• Like 1

I watched American Gangster yesterday, a remarkable film.

Yes, a fantastic movie with strong performances by Russell Crowe and

Denzel Washington.

In the extra's on the dvd, was interesting to note that the 2 main characters

Frank Lucas and Ritchie Roberts because quite close.

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/americangangster.php

The Family

Robert De Niro

Michelle Pfeiffer

Tommy Lee Jones

In The Family, a mafia boss & his family are relocated to France under the witness protection program after snitching on the mob.Michelle Pfeiffer's performance is the reason to see the film.

Luc Besson (Director)has built a career on stylish and thrilling action films, and "The Family" is a mess compared to such earlier efforts as "Le Femme Nikita" and "Léon: The Professional." But for what it is, it works, while reminding us and again to not take it too seriously.

\

I watched The Abyss yesterday, it had it's moments but the ending was a bit corny.

On a personal ranking scale I'd give it 7/10 as opposed to nines for Avatar and Alien.

I suppose it shows that we all like different things in a movie or TV shows.

I'm currently in mourning after watching the last episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Jimmy Nail is an amazing comic talent, I have his Spender series to watch later.

I did recommend reading the book based off of the movie, before your see the movie. It will make a whole lot more sense. Like how the big guy recovered from the pretty nasty head injury, makes the drop on the special forces guy and then he asks about the angel he saw. :)

Edit: typos

Edited by Garry

Amazing the level of corruption in the New York police at that time.

Nearly as bad as Sydney. Posted Image

Sydney!!!!!! That is such a NICE city . Oh I come from Melbourne 

Guys that idiot in a Queensland is taking stupidity and flaunting the rule of law to a whole new level,

Just watched "After Earth", Will Smith's father/son vehicle. A bit average, I watched it right through but the other half fell asleep.
Just watched "After Earth", Will Smith's father/son vehicle. A bit average, I watched it right through but the other half fell asleep.
Agree 100 percent, although I did make it to the end.
I reckon they could have done more with the story. Too many gaps.

I thought Will Smith's part was too different to his previous work, I actually checked the cover to make sure it was him.

In what was a movie marathon for me I watched a second one last night, Iron Man which was much more entertaining.

Jeff Bridges exceptional as usual.

Watch out for Crazy Heart if you haven't seen it.

some new movies 2014

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species Starring Gary Oldman

Pinocchio (II)

A darker version of the classic children's fairy tale of a wooden puppet that transforms into a real living boy

Noah (2014)

The Biblical Noah suffers visions of an apocalyptic deluge and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood.
Director: Darren Aronofsky
Finding Dory (2016)
The plot of this movie, a sequel to Finding Nemo, is unknown.
Director: Andrew Stanton
RoboCop (2014)
In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) - a loving husband, father and good cop - is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer. (121 mins.)
Director: José Padilha
it is great to see Gary Oldman making a great comeback .Try and watch true romance it has alot of good actors in it . Tell me if you can recognize Gary Oldman in that .
there is the list
Be going to Chiang rai in 2 weeks ...
kevvy

I thought Will Smith's part was too different to his previous work, I actually checked the cover to make sure it was him.

In what was a movie marathon for me I watched a second one last night, Iron Man which was much more entertaining.

mate I think you are getting old... crazy heart was released in 2009 Maybe I

Mate I think you are getting old... crazy heart was released in 2009 Maybe I will bring you a walking stick ...you know I am just joking ... it was a great movie.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, movies... what are we watching?

I'm looking for some reccomendations.

saw some clips of a new movie dont know if its released but its sure to stir up the feelings between the brits and the japs.

its called "the railway man" staring colin frith and nicol kidman about the building of the burma-thai.railway and the treatment that the japs inflicted on the workers.

i know a little bit about it as my mother's brother worked on it.

i dont think there is any forgiveness between the 2sides,i went to visit the cemetary at kanchanaburi and saw a few japs smirking at some of the grave's i had to walk away.

uncle john r.i.p.