Pot Luck

scorpio1945

Since there was not a strong preference one way or another, it has beed decided to hold the APRIL 24 pot luck at the home of Lannaman. He volunteered and his home is located 3 kn east of CR so it is reasonably central. The format is the same only the location has changed, so bring all the same things you would bring to the other location. The idea is to place a minimum burden on the host. :jap: I will now leave it up to Lannaman to provide directions, hopefully a map, and a time. B)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there was not a strong preference one way or another, it has beed decided to hold the APRIL 24 pot luck at the home of Lannaman. He volunteered and his home is located 3 kn east of CR so it is reasonably central. The format is the same only the location has changed, so bring all the same things you would bring to the other location. The idea is to place a minimum burden on the host. :jap: I will now leave it up to Lannaman to provide directions, hopefully a map, and a time. B)

Sounds good to me.

We'll see you there. Thank you for offering an alternative site for this.

All very welcome at my house for next Sunday at 1 o'clock.

There's plenty of room and parking no problem.

I'll post a map and directions later in the week.

Here are the directions to my house for Sunday's Pot Luck:

Leave the Superhighway and take the Wiang Chai road (1233).

After about 3kms there's an ESSO gas station, go past it and around a slight right hand bend, then take the small road on your right.

Go down there about 400 mts and there's sharp right hand bend, don't go round it, but go straight on down a dirt track, after about 100 mts turn right, Chez Lannaman is the orange house on the left. There plenty of parking space.

I will put up signs PL at the turning points.

I will be making a very English dessert - Bread and Butter Pudding.

I'm posting 3 google maps to help you.

Look forward to seeing lots of you on Sunday.

post-42984-0-43165200-1303357518_thumb.j

post-42984-0-26087500-1303357540_thumb.j

post-42984-0-48894900-1303357557_thumb.j

Reminder. Bring your own stuff, plates,etc., just like the picnic. Mrs Lman has put in some effort so I hope we have a good turnout. :jap:

Till then

I'd like to be there, but still are few months away from returning home. I will get to a Pot Luck one day :D :jap:

Thanks to lannaman for opening up his house/garden for all of us and to everyone else who came along to make it another very pleasant afternoon with some scrummy food as added bonus.

and the same from us.

Thanks to lannaman for opening up his house/garden for all of us and to everyone else who came along to make it another very pleasant afternoon with some scrummy food as added bonus.

and the same from us.

You were all very welcome.

Good company, good grub, adding a few more photos.

post-42984-0-41384300-1303722040_thumb.j

post-42984-0-94983300-1303722057_thumb.j

post-42984-0-48152100-1303722077_thumb.j

post-42984-0-12539000-1303722115_thumb.j

post-42984-0-56081100-1303722134_thumb.j

As always, it was a nice time and good food. Nice way to relax away an afternoon.

Thanks to L'man for the use of the place. Nice, quiet, rural area. I understand that he has put the home on the market. But until it sells, it works well as a shaded pot luck site. Maybe when it sells, the new owner will invite us back.smile.gif

Already looking forward to the next pot luck. Such quality get-togethers are hard to come by.

Now that we have had our first pot luck at a house, any comments, preferences, etc. :ermm: One thing seem quite apparent. Even if we have it at someones house, their is an apparent preference for moving it out of doors B) (assuming no rain). I am assuming if there was heavy rain the attendance would be rather sparse to non existent anyway. Looking for some possible sites for the next one but is there anyone that wants to volunteer their house as a back up? :jap: We can always take our chance with the original site and pray.:)

We're willing to be the 'back -up' site.

Now that we have had our first pot luck at a house, any comments, preferences, etc. :ermm: One thing seem quite apparent. Even if we have it at someones house, their is an apparent preference for moving it out of doors B) (assuming no rain). I am assuming if there was heavy rain the attendance would be rather sparse to non existent anyway. Looking for some possible sites for the next one but is there anyone that wants to volunteer their house as a back up? :jap: We can always take our chance with the original site and pray.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is working on a location for the next potluck. Yesterday, we decided to scout around a little. If someone else is on this already, no problem. Can keep it in mind for the future.

The wife and I checked out the park on the river near the Highway 1 river bridge.

Several salas available, lots of parking, plenty of shady grassy area to use. This one is easy to get to in town.

Sounds like we can reserve an area here but not sure of details yet. If you all think this is okay, we will pursue a reservation, hoping someone else isn't ahead of us on the reservation list. And if you all prefer a home, the original location or different location, that is fine with us as well.

http://maps.google.c...4,0.002411&z=19

Edited by kandahar

Don't know if anyone is working on a location for the next potluck. Yesterday, we decided to scout around a little. If someone else is on this already, no problem. Can keep it in mind for the future.

The wife and I checked out the park on the river near the Highway 1 river bridge.

Several salas available, lots of parking, plenty of shady grassy area to use. This one is easy to get to in town.

Sounds like we can reserve an area here but not sure of details yet. If you all think this is okay, we will pursue a reservation, hoping someone else isn't ahead of us on the reservation list. And if you all prefer a home, the original location or different location, that is fine with us as well.

http://maps.google.c...4,0.002411&z=19

Any and ALL suggestions/help MOST WELCOME.:jap: I was looking at another place but it is farther out ( MaeYao Municipal offices) and my lady has not checked it out yet. Nothing is out of bounds.

Check it out.B) Restroom/toilet/?

Okay. Forget the first link to the Google map and location in post #317. That one is wrong.

This is the correct one:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=207106159428293716742.0004a2e2b61d701c371ed&ll=19.918505,99.838772&spn=0.011197,0.01929&z=16

It is located upstream from the Highway 1 bridge and is between that bridge and the new bridge that leaves the downtown area. Haven't checked all of the particulars yet, but will soon.

• 2 weeks later...

We are good to go for using that riverside park for the potluck. The manager is EXCITED that we want to use it and has offered chairs, tables etc if we need them. Not wanting to take advantage, my answer was that perhaps we may borrow a table or two but that is it. Refer to the map in the post directly above this one for the location. Nice salas and some shade trees right there. The dude says we cannot file paperwork to reserve the place but since nobody ever uses it, we will have the run of the place.

There are two short steps to get into the salas for those who need to know these things. A ramp may come in handy for some if they bring one.

Restrooms are there and open.

We will be bringing a BBQ beef something or other. Doing a small test recipe this weekend to make sure it will be suitable. If it is, that is what we will bring for the potluck at the end of the month.

UPDATE!!!!

We won't be meeting at the river park this month.

Another member has volunteered a nice shady home and yard for this month's potluck. We will keep the river site in mind for future meets if we don't get other volunteers for home sites.

Concerning the river site: Anyone wishing to use that site for family get-togethers and such should feel free to get in touch with the manager there. Nice place to spend an afternoon and the folks in charge of it would really like to see it used more.

Scorpio will be posting an update on the home location and directions for this month's potluck in the next few days.

Well we had an embarrassment of riches(options)B) but it has been decided to have the May 29 Pot Luck at the Harsu clans place.:jap: It is very amenable to an outdoor event plus they have a veranda and of course a house that could be used if the weather turns nasty. There is a mini park immediately nearby and their yard has plenty of elbow room. Plenty of parking and CR Beach is just up the road. It is up to Harsu to set the time.

DIRECTIONS: From CR Hospital, continue west through stoplight, Continue on San Khong Noi to next stoplight and turn left Turn right at next stoplight on to Honglee. Follow this road till you see Mae Fa Laung Gardens on right. The road to CR Country Homes is almost opposite on the right. The road bends to the left then you will see the Gate/entrance. Continue on the main road and it will take a bend to the left and then a small bridge to the right. You can not miss the house as it is the only one with a new blue roof.

Hopefully the attached maps will post and help as well. Harsu, feel free to clarify my directions.:)

post-72121-0-93687900-1306062384_thumb.jpost-72121-0-16348200-1306062390_thumb.j

Time -13.00hrs. We'll put up some 'P.L' signs to aid house finding once you are inside the estate. Everyone welcome. Bring your own stuff as per usual. Might do pizza.

Well we had an embarrassment of riches(options)B) but it has been decided to have the May 29 Pot Luck at the Harsu clans place.:jap: It is very amenable to an outdoor event plus they have a veranda and of course a house that could be used if the weather turns nasty. There is a mini park immediately nearby and their yard has plenty of elbow room. Plenty of parking and CR Beach is just up the road. It is up to Harsu to set the time.

DIRECTIONS: From CR Hospital, continue west through stoplight, Continue on San Khong Noi to next stoplight and turn left Turn right at next stoplight on to Honglee. Follow this road till you see Mae Fa Laung Gardens on right. The road to CR Country Homes is almost opposite on the right. The road bends to the left then you will see the Gate/entrance. Continue on the main road and it will take a bend to the left and then a small bridge to the right. You can not miss the house as it is the only one with a new blue roof.

Hopefully the attached maps will post and help as well. Harsu, feel free to clarify my directions.:)

post-72121-0-93687900-1306062384_thumb.jpost-72121-0-16348200-1306062390_thumb.j

Time -13.00hrs. We'll put up some 'P.L' signs to aid house finding once you are inside the estate. Everyone welcome. Bring your own stuff as per usual. Might do pizza.

Hopefully the attached maps will post and help as well. Harsu, feel free to clarify my directions

biggrin.gif Uh,,Oh.. I like PIZZA. See you all....smile.gif