Pot Luck

scorpio1945

If anyone coming to the pot luck on Sunday has a few spare newspapers, and can bring them along, I would be grateful. Incontinent budgies!

I read mine on Kindle and I am not giving the budgies that.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're bilingual - so no problem with Thai or English papers. Both serve equally well to get splattered on.

If anyone coming to the pot luck on Sunday has a few spare newspapers, and can bring them along, I would be grateful. Incontinent budgies!

I read mine on Kindle and I am not giving the budgies that.

Thanks to the Harsu clan for a perfect environment for our pot luck picnic. For a home setting, it would hard to equal. Great pizza and chocolate cake too.:clap2:

Second that....with one more chocolate cake it would have been just perfect. :rolleyes:

So how was the attendance?

Small but that was anticipated since we had so many people out of country or out of town, the known reluctance of the out of towners to travel when there is a threat of weather and at least one illness. I thought it a perfect number since it is about quality vs quantity and I still could not manage to sample all the fare. B)

Went out this morning and bought a slow cooker- something we've threatened to do after every Pot Luck where we've been treated to that slow cooked barbequed meat of yours, and other attendees' falling apart, succulent meat dishes. Used one a lot in the Uk, when we were all out at work, but you forget how it can transform an indifferent cut of meat. Memories of (surplus males)Goat curry, venison in red wine, whole (surplus cockerals)chicken curry, It was always a bit unfortunate to be born of the male gender on our smallholding unless you had some exceptional traits. (T. says this is why he survived.)

Yes, I agree. Perfect spot for such a get together. And as Harry says, CHOCOLATE CAKE!! also. A nice laid back afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

We are good to go for using that riverside park for the potluck. The manager is EXCITED that we want to use it and has offered chairs, tables etc if we need them. Not wanting to take advantage, my answer was that perhaps we may borrow a table or two but that is it. Refer to the map in the post directly above this one for the location. Nice salas and some shade trees right there. The dude says we cannot file paperwork to reserve the place but since nobody ever uses it, we will have the run of the place.

There are two short steps to get into the salas for those who need to know these things. A ramp may come in handy for some if they bring one.

Restrooms are there and open.

We will be bringing a BBQ beef something or other. Doing a small test recipe this weekend to make sure it will be suitable. If it is, that is what we will bring for the potluck at the end of the month.

Looks like we will try out the park that Woraphat and Kd found last month.:) Lets keep the time at 13;00. It is definitely central and should have a view. I have not been there yet but there seems to have several roads leading into the place. Will do a drive by and add details if necessary. Goggle link below.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=207106159428293716742.0004a2e2b61d701c371ed&ll=19.918505,99.838772&spn=0.011197,0.01929&z=16

Well. Despite some nervousness :huh: , the PL weather angel held true :) . The rain was a non factor and in fact kept the temperature pleasant and it was just fine. Pretty much the core group (14?) this time and the first time no newbies, Great food as usual and great fellowship. Several voted to return next month to the same park. I give it a thumbs up for sure.

Well. Despite some nervousness :huh: , the PL weather angel held true :) . The rain was a non factor and in fact kept the temperature pleasant and it was just fine. Pretty much the core group (14?) this time and the first time no newbies, Great food as usual and great fellowship. Several voted to return next month to the same park. I give it a thumbs up for sure.

Our vote too - certainly for the doubtful weather months. Can't beat sitting beside the Nam Kok watching it flow by. Nicely kept park and plenty of space to spread out, go for a walk etc. If someone remembers the boules next time, we could have a game too. Thanks again to the organisers and 'finders'.

Our vote too - certainly for the doubtful weather months. Can't beat sitting beside the Nam Kok watching it flow by. Nicely kept park and plenty of space to spread out, go for a walk etc. If someone remembers the boules next time, we could have a game too. Thanks again to the organisers and 'finders'.

Don't forget the marbles too. Remember no ball bearings though.

Does look like a really nice place. I don't blame anyone going back there. Does it still have to be booked?

Oh yeah, the food looks superb..I'm hungry :lol: :jap:

Nope. It is a public park so no problem.

Will look forward to the red beastie showing up sometime in the future.B)

• 4 weeks later...

Hearing no objection, we will convene the CR Pot Luck Picnic again at the same place i.e. the public park between the two Mae Kok river bridges. :) 13:00 , 31 July. For any first timers., the only requirement is a smile and and bring food and eating assor., preferably home country but KFC was a hit a little while back :D

Location http://maps.google.c...97,0.01929&z=16

Edited by scorpio1945

There will be some folks having a company "sports" day at the park tomorrow but there will plenty of room for all. They will be using different sports courts. For the petanque fans with the potluck group, there will probably be some Thai players there to enjoy the sport with.

I believe we have several potluck first-timers lined up for tomorrow, also.