Pot Luck

scorpio1945

The focus of this venture seems to be meeting people and food, so there appears to be no pressing need to move elsewhere. Unless or until you find some place better, it sounds like the present location is adequate.

We are looking at the 20th for something. Floating Katoey day, as Jubby put it, will most likely find people previously engaged. Thanksgiving is midweek, so the 28th might be best.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like the present location or a different one? 21st or 28th Nov. assuming we stick to Sunday. (To get the discussion going):jap:

The present location seem Ideal.

21st is Loy Katoey I believe. 28th probably better.

Not being an amateur Chef like some of you, the biggest problem for me is finding something that will travel well and won't make people sick :)

Some of Don's or SK's products may be ideal for you. I am also sure that the local deli(s) have cheese, and pate, etc. that would be a hit.:)

Do you like the present location or a different one? 21st or 28th Nov. assuming we stick to Sunday. (To get the discussion going):jap:

Not being an amateur Chef like some of you, the biggest problem for me is finding something that will travel well and won't make people sick :)

Some of Don's or SK's products may be ideal for you. I am also sure that the local deli(s) have cheese, and pate, etc. that would be a hit.:)

I hadn't thought about my local Deli's :D ... what do you think VF, cheese and pate at our local Deli's ;)

:D :D :D I get it. I guess I was infering you non cook outlanders would have to do some preplanning. Maybe pick something up before or after the Hash. Or "SHOW ME THE MONEY" and I'll take care of it.:licklips:

I hadn't thought about my local Deli's :D ... what do you think VF, cheese and pate at our local Deli's ;)

For those of you who were there but might not remember the titles I asked about.

My Name Is Nobody

Lonesome Dove (First and then) Return to Lonesome Dove

Legends of the Fall

Once Upon a Time in The West

Edited by kandahar

Not sure what you're talking about, being a non-attendee but I have Lonesome Dove on DVD, as well as the three main sequels, excluding "return" which wasn't based on a Larry McMurtry novel like the others, on my external drive.

Let me know if you want them, if that's what you're talking about.

Not sure what you're talking about, being a non-attendee but I have Lonesome Dove on DVD, as well as the three main sequels, excluding "return" which wasn't based on a Larry McMurtry novel like the others, on my external drive.

Let me know if you want them, if that's what you're talking about.

Thanks guy. I'm good.

The above list was just my suggestions for "have to see" westerns.

Just finished off Mello's baked beans and Kd's BBQ sandwiches. Awesome combination. Like manna from heaven. Thanks guys :thumbsup::licklips:

Certainly looks like Scorpio1945 has the perfect formula for getting some of us together with a venue that is perfect and a topic we all seem to gravitate to.

I found all the different "home cooked" dishes to be nostalgic as well as tasty. Deviled eggs that melted in your mouth from Scorpio with KDR's beef and buns would be recognized favorites at any USA picnic.

I will be looking forward to the next get together and suggest we all give input to a date. Personally a Thanksgiving Thursday or perhaps a Thai weekday holiday may find more folks able to attend. The area is traffic free so children can be left to roam without fear of dangerous vehicle traffic.

Anyone else have a particle date in mind?

I finished off the baked beans from mellofollo two days ago. Wow! Glad we took some leftovers. Great stuff, especially when dipping the bakery buns into it. Now, why didn't I look into taking some of the au gratin potatoes and other dishes also?

The aforementioned date, 28, seems fine. I'm sure it won't be perfect for all but it will work for enough to make a get-together.

Personally, I would leave Thanksgiving out of the equation. Scorpio's theme started out with an "international" leaning and that is a good idea. The Thanksgiving thing is pretty much one nationality, I think. So, if Turkey showed up for those who don't know how it is done in another country, that is good but it is great to just leave the menu blank for others who are coming.

Haven't decided what I'll bring next time. Lots of choices. Thinking about Mexican food or grilled burgers.

At this point, it is looking like I have roped a few newbies into coming, also. Aussies for the most part. Let's all gang up on Sven and get him to commit also. At least one good Swedish dish would be a nice addition. How about it Sven? And any others?

Edited by kandahar

I finished off the baked beans from mellofollo two days ago. Wow! Glad we took some leftovers. Great stuff, especially when dipping the bakery buns into it. Now, why didn't I look into taking some of the au gratin potatoes and other dishes also?

The aforementioned date, 28, seems fine. I'm sure it won't be perfect for all but it will work for enough to make a get-together.

Personally, I would leave Thanksgiving out of the equation. Scorpio's theme started out with an "international" leaning and that is a good idea. The Thanksgiving thing is pretty much one nationality, I think. So, if Turkey showed up for those who don't know how it is done in another country, that is good but it is great to just leave the menu blank for others who are coming.

Haven't decided what I'll bring next time. Lots of choices. Thinking about Mexican food or grilled burgers.

At this point, it is looking like I have roped a few newbies into coming, also. Aussies for the most part. Let's all gang up on Sven and get him to commit also. At least one good Swedish dish would be a nice addition. How about it Sven? And any others?

and apple pie.

Don't forget the apple pie.

FYI I have this AM got them to pencil in a request for the camping area for 28 Nov. Now I have to submit the formal written request in English and Thai. I plan on taking some kind of treat for the staff as appreciation and to smooth the way.

I think Turkey would be a wonderful addition. Especially if I could steal some to bring home. I only wish I could figure out how to make giblet gravy, dumplings and my stuffing (no oven) to go with it. :whistling:

My better half told me last night I missed out on the little round cheese pies??? that were there. I thought they were something else. She said they were delicious.:ermm: Another thing I should have stolen.

I am thinking we should move the time to 12:00 due to the shorten days and to accommodate the hit the road snacking that occurred last time.:)

Thanks guys,V F and Worapat as well. It was the big one so it hurt a little bit. Officially a DOM.:bah:

Hey, Scorpio . Don't forget this is an English Language ONLY forum :) ..... Leaving Rubber and PVC aside ; Whats a DOM !?

So your Sixty Five, you don't look a day older than VF . Whats the Secret ? ;)

Thanks guys,V F and Worapat as well. It was the big one so it hurt a little bit. Officially a DOM.:bah:

Hey, Scorpio . Don't forget this is an English Language ONLY forum :) ..... Leaving Rubber and PVC aside ; Whats a DOM !?

So your Sixty Five, you don't look a day older than VF . Whats the Secret ? ;)

IF there is a secret, it is heredity,everything in moderation except fun but lately it is my constant companion and her smile.:jap:

"Dirty Old Man"B)

Edited by scorpio1945

Took the request letter out today with a big box of Kanom Ban Arjam from my recent CM trip as a thank you. Seems to have been a big hit. They also asked for pictures of our last picnic to post on their board.smile.gif

Jubby - They ask that you call at least 3 days before if you want to camp out. Ph # 053.170.100cool.gif

Edited by scorpio1945

Took the request letter out today with a big box of Kanom Ban Arjam from my recent CM trip as a thank you. Seems to have been a big hit. They also asked for pictures of our last picnic to post on their board.smile.gif

Jubby - They ask that you call at least 3 days before if you want to camp out. Ph # 053.170.100cool.gif

Excellent, as this a great find and a very suitable venue.

Thank you for all your effort.

Edited by dindong

The second CR Pot Luck Picnic will be held at 12:00 on Sunday, 28 November at the CR Hoticulurian Ressearch Center.

Directions: Going south on old CM road, just past the 5 keystone marker, the entrance is on the right, opposite a large K-Tech sign. As you past the lake bear left and then take the first right. Proceed west? along this road approx. 2 km to the camping area.

There is lots of seating and three small tables but if you have portable/camping chairs you might want to bring them along. Since we have power, a coffee maker would be useful as well. Music has also been suggested.

You are welcome to arrive early for a walk or to look around. If you wish to camp overnight, please call 053.170.100 at least three days before.

If our esteemed moderator (McGriffth) is in town he is most welcome to attend and can attend without food if it is a problem. We will consider him a roving diplomat.

Like last time, if you are sure or probably coming it might be useful to post what you are bringing to assist others but is is not necessary. Last minute attendees are most welcome.:jap: What have I forgot. Hummm......:D