BANGKOK 19 April 2019 03:25
Sign in to follow this  
scorpio1945

Pot Luck

Additional directions.

The entrance is on the west side of the road opposite a large K-Tech sign. After you drive past the lake the road veers left then take the first right turn. Follow this paved road straight almost 2 Km to the end.B)

I'll be there but I think the wife is going to skip this one.

I'll be bringing pulled BBQ beef and buns for southwest style BBQ sandwiches, maybe another dish and I will bring a couple of two litter bottles of soda.

Are there barbecue facilities there or do have to buy one of Kandahar's barbecues :)

I don't recall anything a westerner would consider a BBQ pit. Since it is for Thais I assume they would bring the little clay things or the 55 gal. drum type with them.

Everyone needs one of Kds BBQ pits although I am still trying to talk him into a smaller version.

If he comes maybe he will bring one for advertizing although it may take 4 grown men to lift it into a PU. Built to last.:)

I may bring a little portable LPG camping grill, just in case.

If anyone is going to be in need of a BBQ grill for heating their dish or cooking, let me know. I can bring a grill and charcoal for that purpose.

We will be there. Two people. We will be bringing some Chicken Korma I bought from SausageKing and we will be making rice. A couple of bottles of softdrink too. We will heat the stuff at Po' family house and hope it stays warm enough.

We will be there. Two people. We will be bringing some Chicken Korma I bought from SausageKing and we will be making rice. A couple of bottles of softdrink too. We will heat the stuff at Po' family house and hope it stays warm enough.

It is a picnic. No problem.:) Don't worry about the small things like warm enough.:jap:

Edited by scorpio1945

Weather report still looking good, actually better, 25C and sunnyB)

Good Luck with that weather Report Scorpio1945 :) Its persisting it down here in not so sunny Phayamengrai.

I cant make it this time, but while your all out and about can you see if you can find a suitable site for a stoneing.

I'm thinking a high wall something like the walls at the Old prison but not with Historical Value. Somewhere we can stone Off-topic posters to death for their Sins. It has to have a large open area for spectators , a stony area would be excellent.

I once knew butcher who backed into his meat-grinder. He got a little behind in his work.

Years later, I met a Chinese chef who backed into his meat-grinder. He got a little behind in his wok.

Weather report still looking good, actually better, 25C and sunnyB)

Good Luck with that weather Report Scorpio1945 :) Its persisting it down here in not so sunny Phayamengrai.

I cant make it this time, but while your all out and about can you see if you can find a suitable site for a stoneing.

I'm thinking a high wall something like the walls at the Old prison but not with Historical Value. Somewhere we can stone Off-topic posters to death for their Sins. It has to have a large open area for spectators , a stony area would be excellent.

I will keep an eye out. :) It may leave TV with only 3 or 4 posters though. The bug up the butt people will have to bring their own throne like chairs though.B) .

Speaking of chairs, I have three picnic tables that will seat a total of 20 that can go if they are needed AND if someone has pickup trucks to take them in. My Suzuki isn't large enough to haul them.

Speaking of chairs, I have three picnic tables that will seat a total of 20 that can go if they are needed AND if someone has pickup trucks to take them in. My Suzuki isn't large enough to haul them.

There is seating for 12 around the 3 small tables and seating for 16 or so in the covered area for those that don't mind eating of a plate on their lap (me) I will bring a couple of folding camping chairs bought for this purpose and your previous suggestion of tail gate eating is quite appropriate for a picnic. :jap:

Don't be too nice, you will make the rest of us feel bad.B)

Edited by scorpio1945

Great. I don't know what Chicken Korma is so that is perfect. Also been wanting to take a nibble of SK's fare.:)

Great. I don't know what Chicken Korma is so that is perfect. Also been wanting to take a nibble of SK's fare.:)

Just got back from the Pot Luck. Great afternoon, scrummy food and nice to meet some of you from the forum. You couldn't have organised better weather as well. Thanks again Scorpio for getting it started. Don't leave it too long till the next one. Harsu

:clap2:

Most excellent.

My thanks to you, though I was not there, scorpio1945.

From a scorpio1951.

My father and I also really enjoyed this afternoon's Pot Luck.

Nice to meet everybody and I am really looking forward to the next one.

Great location , the weather was perfect and the food was delicious.

Thank you scorpio 1945 for all your effort.