Pot Luck

scorpio1945

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to make the next one for the 1st time. Family not very familiar with area of Chiangrai but will still try to make the attempt.

When the time comes, let me know. I can show you the way.

Thank you so much! When I get there, I will contact you to set up a meeting place. Looking forward to meet some of the great folks there.

Hi!<BR>We nearly dident go-first becourse,I needed alot of things to my cooking,and next becourse,I forgot it was sunday-so elleven a clok Su told me-we have to go-WHAT!!!<BR>Then I had to make a meal in one our,which normaly takes two ours-so you know how it is-everything which can go wrong-goes wrong.<BR>So I was most of all minded not to go-but I made a kind of food-which where-after my opinion not to good-but I knew Su was very set up to go,becourse it was such a great experience, for her last time.<BR>We go-one our to late.<BR>We was a litle surpriced to se,when we came,that there was so few people there-but we went into the group-and ofcourse...we had a great day again-was even, the last one to leave the place.<BR>Once again,thanks to you all,for a great day,in good company.<BR>I ask Su afterwoods-do you have alot of paine-and she looked at me,an asked-why and where ,do you think I am in paine?<BR>Oh-I just wonder,that you was in paine in your draws,becourse of all that talking-she hid me....<BR>Thanks guys!<BR>Se you all next time.<BR>brianmarinus.

There was indeed a smaller (23?) but no less enjoyable gathering this time. We had two couples out with colds, one couple out with back problems, one couple visiting in Malaysia, two back in their home country and Jubby AWOL :D . I finally got to try that quiche that I had missed the first time around and gorge myself on banana bread with chocolate chips, and take a few home. We had three nubies. Cookie and two traveling mates.B)

I finally got to take that walk around the lake, under protest..

All in all quite enjoyable.:jap:

Edited by scorpio1945

I was really sorry to miss the potluck this month. It is an important time for me each month to kind of "re-calibrate" my brain, listening to lots of farang talk and hear the ladies having fun with the latest gossip concerning the men. I don't get out much, so that social time makes an impact on my month. Maybe I'll have lots of visitors this month to make up for the loss. I know jubby will stop by today. That is a good start to any month. Anyway, I hope to make it next month, and maybe even have some newbies in tow.

• 3 weeks later...

The next potluck is almost here. I have no idea what I'll bring for our main dish contribution but I am starting to spend a little time thinking about. We will probably contribute a whipped cream and fruit dish for dessert.

I have a premonition that there will be a good crowd this Sunday.

We will bring the hot water pot for coffee and tea unless someone else is bringing one.

If anyone will be needing the BBQ grill to complete, or reheat their dish, let me know. I'll bring it.

Don't forget your chairs, folks.

First-timers can refer to Sven's CR Google map in the pinned section for the location. http://maps.google.c...b6884458b352d35

or, http://www.thaivisa....for-chiang-rai/

Just click on the name "Pot Luck" in the list of locations in the left hand legend column. If anyone needs actual directions, PM me or call. I'll list my number on the comments section of my Thai Visa profile page. Feel free to call for directions or to have me meet you on the highway and you can follow me to the site.

It is a very nice, unique group of folks who show up for this. Don't hesitate to come make some new friends. We don't fight about anything there, except for the last serving of whatever dessert the Harsu clan brings. The kids who show up have a good time as well. Lots of room to run and play. Even if you aren't going to come eat, you can stop by and check it out, just to see if it is your kind of thing or not. Always plenty of soft drinks and ice available.

Edited by kandahar

Promote away!

I forgot! Anyone with books or DVDs to share/give away, don't forget to bring them. I'll be bringing a selection of my own and some that Scea and Will27 have donated.

And what about some tunes? Do I need to bring my setup (500 rock classics) or is mellofello or someone else filling that need? Quick, someone speak up before jubby volunteers with his youtube collection (500 YT classics). If nobody else volunteers, I'll bring my setup.

BTW, ImageDude and his other half won't be there, nor will Biff. They have designated ME as the person who should collect their portions of the Harsu desserts, so if it looks like I am getting more than my share, you know why.smile.gif

Dogs? Hmmm.... Maybe it is time for cmjantje and cool blue to show up.

Sorry :unsure: Forgot my Sunday before reminder. Too many distractions. Kd covered it but here it is anyway.

The fifth CR Pot Luck Picnic will be held at 12:00 on Sunday, 27 February at the CR Horticultural Research Center.

Directions: Going south on old CM road (Hwy 1211), just past the 5 keystone marker, the entrance is on the right, opposite a large K-Tech sign. As you past the lake, bear left and then take the first right. Proceed west? along this road approx. 2 km to the camping area.

There is lots of seating and three small tables but if you have portable/camping chairs you might want to bring them along. Since we have power, a coffee maker would be useful as well. Music has also been suggested.

You are welcome to arrive early for a walk or to look around. If you wish to camp overnight, please call 053.170.100 at least three days before.

Like last time, if you are sure or probably coming it might be useful to post what you are bringing to assist others but is is not necessary. Last minute attendees are most welcome.:jap: The only requirement? is that you bring food (home country preferred) and a smile. :) You should bring your own drinks, glasses and plates but there are usually spares if you forget.B)

Hello Potluckers

I would really like to join you but I have had a class Sunday Afternoons. The last two weeks the students have cancelled so hoping 3rd time lucky that they will call it off again next Sunday and I can make it. I've just got active in cooking and baking so I will definately bring summat delish if I can come (probably poison you all!!!).

Hello Potluckers

I would really like to join you but I have had a class Sunday Afternoons. The last two weeks the students have cancelled so hoping 3rd time lucky that they will call it off again next Sunday and I can make it. I've just got active in cooking and baking so I will definately bring summat delish if I can come (probably poison you all!!!).

Sounds good. I hope you can make it.

See you all on Sunday. So far it looks like couscous, a beef balti and a peach tart/crumble sort of thing are the contributions to the fare. Tell Woraphat to make that cream/fruit dish again, Kandahar - that was seriously good. Actually, everything people bring is -haven't eaten anything there that I wouldn't be very happy to put my name to.

We'll return the Dexter dvds we borrowed last time and a couple of series of Fringe, and some Prison break, and anything else we dust off.

Hi!

We will bee there to-and think I will bring the new fellow, and hes woman to.

I having trouple to get all I need to make danish food-so I think I will repeat,my first one-frikadeller(meatball)and cold potatoes salad-a salat of tomatoes,onions,cocumber and peas,covered whit salad dressing- a danish aple cake, whit whipped creme on.

See you there at Sunday!

Edited by brianmarinus

Failed miserably to sample everything today. We were tempted by a spread of green curry, two types of pasta, three different potato bake dishes, baked chicken, two types of meatballs, salad, couscousand tagine, boston bean casserole, sausage and onion bake, apple cake, peach crumble, flapjacks and strawberry and cream dish. No doubt I have missed out others as the afternoon heat has affected my memory. Another very pleasant social and dining afternoon. Two dogs to entertain us , one of which occassionally blessed us with a cooling shower of lake water. If the decision is taken to continue them into the rainy season or at a different venue which offers more protection from the elements then you won't hear us protest.

I have put some in my truck. You're good.

I went off and forgot the newspaper, SO SORRY!

Actually I got a few at my local shop so OK for tonight

.Thoroughly enjoyed today, thanks.

No sweat guy. We have them here at the house. If you need them really bad in the near future, stop by or send a friend to pick them up. If the friend knows the secret pot luck handshake, we will release the newspapers to him.

The wife talked to you about seeing you riding a bicycle with a sign on your back. She meant that you had a shirt or jacket with some type of wording printed on it. Maybe a school or university slogan or logo. I hope that clears that up. If indeed you start riding around town carrying a sign, let me know. I wanna picture of that.

I want to apologize to anyone who may have inadvertently gotten wet, or was otherwise molested by my unruly daughter. Wait a second…that would be everyone, wouldn't it. In that case, my apologies to everyone. ;)

No problem with the doggie shower! Kept the place jumping.:D My lady made me take another shower when I got home anyway. Picky picky.:)