Bo's Place

erg

After living in Chiang Rai for the last two years, i am happy to tell everybody that there is a new hang out in town.

The place to be now is definitly Bo's place good food cheap bear, and loads of drunks. a few more girls wood be nice, but who knows.

Do the drunks disturb the cheap bear?

How much was he? Or is it a she? Is he/she one of your regulars or does he/she belong to the staff?

Bo's Place; Isn't that the old Bierstube, founded about 18 years ago by German Karl-Heinz?

For now that is the best place in town to meet normal people.

Thank god there are no girls.

Well......maybee we have different taste, but with girls i mean offcourse, wifes from expats. not the cheap .....

• 2 months later...

Something NEW in Town

I can tell you that not only Bo,s place is a good and cheap place, Next to the Red Rose hotel, or opposite if you like, there is a new Brewery opened.

Chiang Rai Micro Brewery.

They not only sell good and fresh German draft beer, at very resonable prices, they also do a lot of german food, i tried the German sausages (4) with mashed potatoes and saurkraut.and i must say, that altough my favour goes to Bo,s place.....it was very very good.

Packed with Thais in the evening, and a nice atmosphere in the garden.

• 1 year later...

The German beer place with its big terras and Red Rose (without any doubt one of the finest short time hotels in this country with an excellent choice of 'theme rooms' - it's like a kind of Disneyland) got company of another twenty entertainment venues.

They are now situated in what you can call the biggest entertainment area of Chiang Rai town.

It starts with the Sanam Bin Road (the old notorious and imfamous 'Old Airport Road') where you will find music pubs, karaoke's with sexy dancing and restaurants with singers.

Arriving at the old airport strip you will find some restaurants, short time hotels and massage places (and of course Barry's golf course) to the right. To the left, direction Red Rose and the German beer place a couple of 'sing-a-songs' and of course the new boxing stadium, where not only the pugilists are dancing but also a big team of 'coyote ladies'.

If you pass the Red Rose (with the enormous monkey eating a banana on the wall) the soi will lead you back to the main road (Paholyothin Road). Go to the right and after three hundred meters you will find the 'Sperm Pub' at your left. In this street you will find several restaurants, small bars and excellent disco's.

If you decide to let the Sperm Pub be the Sperm Pub and you follow the Paholyothin further direction superhighway you will find a great wooden place at your right: The Khon Muang!

Fantastic place with live folkmusic.

You will find more details about this place in another tread. Evenso about the place some hundred meters further and about the secret tip ten kilometers further on the road to Toeng.

Don't forget: This is Thai territory!

Limbo :o

PS: There are about 5 excellent smaller hotels in this area (400 - 600 Baht), where at least in some of them you can order massage ladies from outside.

After living in Chiang Rai for the last two years, i am happy to tell everybody that there is a new hang out in town.

The place to be now is definitly Bo's place good food cheap bear, and loads of drunks. a few more girls wood be nice, but who knows.

post-11996-1164472025_thumb.jpg

ImageDude :o

Another very recommendable Thai place to enjoy music (you might have noticed that there are actually more Thai places in town than 'farang' places :o ) is MUU HOUSE.

Unless you convince me of the opposite, I would say that you can enjoy the best live music in town here. Excellent singers, male and female: It swings, it leans against latin-american style!

Up-market, clean, spacy, aircon, modern design and comfortable suites.

If you go to this place or to Sohab's jazz concerts, you will notice the enormous overrepresentation of ladies in places where good music fills the air. Hardly any motorbikes outside, this is the public which comes by car.

You will find MUU HOUSE at Rayotha Road in the first block after the little bridge over the moat at Chiang Mai Gate (Pratu Chiangmai).

Well worth a visit!

Limbo :D

PS: If you look for cheap bears here, you look in vain!

Edited by Limbo

Another very recommendable Thai place to enjoy music (you might have noticed that there are actually more Thai places in town than 'farang' places :o ) is MUU HOUSE.

Unless you convince me of the opposite, I would say that you can enjoy the best live music in town here. Excellent singers, male and female: It swings, it leans against latin-american style!

Up-market, clean, spacy, aircon, modern design and comfortable suites.

If you go to this place or to Sohab's jazz concerts, you will notice the enormous overrepresentation of ladies in places where good music fills the air. Hardly any motorbikes outside, this is the public which comes by car.

You will find MUU HOUSE at Rayotha Road in the first block after the little bridge over the moat at Chiang Mai Gate (Pratu Chiangmai).

Well worth a visit!

Limbo :D

PS: If you look for cheap bears here, you look in vain!

Hey Limbo,

thanks for those tips.. I will have to check them out.

Could you explain the directions to the Muu house again please as I didnt understand. (not sure where the ChiangMai gate is.

Cheers ITR! :D

Could you explain the directions to the Muu house again please as I didnt understand. (not sure where the ChiangMai gate is.

Coming from the clocktower (the new one under construction) direction south:

The video shop, the plumber shop of Khun Peh, the best kweetioshop in town, the Esso gasoline station, the Suknirand hotel, a lot of great small restaurants, Seven/eleven, DK bookshop, music cafe Sohab, the Saen Pu hotel, the Samakkhee school, Ya-House (now Garden House), Lek Guesthouse and than immediatly left and there it is: The Muu House.

At this crossing, called Pratu Chiang Mai, the old road to Chiang Mai begins, called Rayotha Road until Den Ha (after the Shell gasoline station you take soi 1 to the left and you will find the Alliance Francaise after hunderd meters at your left, say hello to Guy when you are in the neighbourhood).

Coming from the clocktower (the new one under construction) direction south:

The video shop, the plumber shop of Khun Peh, the best kweetioshop in town, the Esso gasoline station, the Suknirand hotel, a lot of great small restaurants, Seven/eleven, DK bookshop, music cafe Sohab, the Saen Pu hotel, the Samakkhee school, Ya-House (now Garden House), Lek Guesthouse and than immediatly left and there it is: The Muu House.

At this crossing, called Pratu Chiang Mai, the old road to Chiang Mai begins, called Rayotha Road until Den Ha (after the Shell gasoline station you take soi 1 to the left and you will find the Alliance Francaise after hunderd meters at your left, say hello to Guy when you are in the neighbourhood).

Thanks Limbo,

I wiull check this place out..

cheers ITR :D

..... and of course the new boxing stadium, where not only the pugilists are dancing but also a big team of 'coyote ladies'.....

I don't know if you managed to have a look at in time, but now it is defenitely too late:

The place is closed already! After less than a month.

It will reopen again as a restaurant in a month or so.

So I am afraid that the admirers of this new type of folkdancing only have the big karaoke on Sanam Bin Road left ('Old Airport Road').

Yes, it was a long way from the old traditional candle dance (originally performed barebreasted) to the pole dance and now the coyote dancing. But the essence remains the same.

Bo's Place; Isn't that the old Bierstube, founded about 18 years ago by German Karl-Heinz?

Yes @Limbo, that is right.

For now that is the best place in town to meet normal people.

Thank god there are no girls.

Yes I will be there every day, The people are so down to earth ..... but the lady boys there are so rude!

Yes I will be there every day, The people are so down to earth ..... but the lady boys there are so rude!

Crazy Chris here! Oh, who told you about this forum? I want to tell that one some good words. :o

I see the mods warned you twice and deleted 50% of your posts. :D

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:D:D:D