New Car Purchase

scorpio1945

Four door Isuzu D-Max are still under 900,000, call into Isuzu on the Super Highway just north of the airport turn off for a look. They have an SUV model which is a bit more.

Their service is excellent, have a look at the service area out the back before you decide to buy.

I bought the new mazda BT50 Pro and its the best vehicle I have ever bought. I change my vehicles every two years(get a good trade in price) and this one might stay with me a bit longer. I can rave on about it but all I can say its the best. You only have to look on the road now as they are everywhere and Sintanee say they have many orders outstanding.

The motoring folk at Bangkok Post agree with you as it was number 1 in a recent test, I have the Ranger which is built in the same factory and very happy with it.

<< Link to Bangkok Post removed as per forum rule 31: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules >>

i found these MSRP on the web..do you know if any of these are auto transmission/ which ones?

The all-new Mazda BT-50 PRO is available in many versions as follows.

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 S 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 589,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 639,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT ABS, metallic color MSRP 683,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L Hi-Racer 6MT, metallic color MSRP 659,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L Hi-Racer 6MT, metallic color MSRP 715,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x4 R 3.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 814,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 S 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 629,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 724,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT ABS, metallic color MSRP 764,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 V 2.2L Hi-Racer 6MT, metallic color MSRP 746,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 V 2.2L Hi-Racer 6EAT MSRP 874,000 THB

ABS + Leather Seat + Cruise Control, metallic color

- Double Cab 4-door 4x4 R 3.2L 6MT MSRP 943,000 THB

ABS+DSC, metallic color

- Double Cab 4-door 4x4 R 3.2L 6EAT MSRP 988,000 THB

ABS + DSC + Leather Seat + Cruise Control, metallic color

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four door Isuzu D-Max are still under 900,000, call into Isuzu on the Super Highway just north of the airport turn off for a look. They have an SUV model which is a bit more.

Their service is excellent, have a look at the service area out the back before you decide to buy.

I bought the new mazda BT50 Pro and its the best vehicle I have ever bought. I change my vehicles every two years(get a good trade in price) and this one might stay with me a bit longer. I can rave on about it but all I can say its the best. You only have to look on the road now as they are everywhere and Sintanee say they have many orders outstanding.

The motoring folk at Bangkok Post agree with you as it was number 1 in a recent test, I have the Ranger which is built in the same factory and very happy with it.

<< Link to Bangkok Post removed as per forum rule 31: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules >>

i found these MSRP on the web..do you know if any of these are auto transmission/ which ones?

The all-new Mazda BT-50 PRO is available in many versions as follows.

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 S 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 589,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 639,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT ABS, metallic color MSRP 683,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L Hi-Racer 6MT, metallic color MSRP 659,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x2 V 2.2L Hi-Racer 6MT, metallic color MSRP 715,000 THB

- Freestyle Cab 4x4 R 3.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 814,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 S 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 629,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT, metallic color MSRP 724,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 V 2.2L 6MT ABS, metallic color MSRP 764,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x2 V 2.2L Hi-Racer 6MT, metallic color MSRP 746,000 THB

- Double Cab 4-door 4x4 R 3.2L 6MT MSRP 943,000 THB

ABS+DSC, metallic color

maybe MT is manual transmission?..so only one model with auto trans...assuming that 6eat means auto trans?

Usually the ones which say "AT" are automatic transmission and I see two. thumbsup.gif

Edited by villagefarang

That's interesting, I'll confess i struggle a little with the concept of Mazda as hard working ute/truck.... to me they seem to be locked into my mind as itty bitty cars that went like the clappers.

That's interesting, I'll confess i struggle a little with the concept of Mazda as hard working ute/truck.... to me they seem to be locked into my mind as itty bitty cars that went like the clappers.

I guess that just goes to show how hard it is to reshape the image of a brand, once it is established. Can’t put my finger on it but I too would have a hard time choosing Mazda over another more popular brand. I would be worried about resale if nothing else.

Well it took a while but I finally took delivery of my nice new flash car.

Not the colour I would have choosen but at least everyone will see me and be envious.

Now I am looking for a big house that I can park it in.

Any mansions for sale around Chiang Rai?

wallpapers-hummer-h2.jpg

Well, as a postscript to my earlier comments eons ago- I ended up buying a Honda Brio eco-car.

Wanted to buy a Nissan March, but all the dealers here in CM gave me a minimum 2 month delivery date.

Went to all the Honda dealers here, and at one saw a blue one, the up market model (all the bells and whistles).

Bought it, and am happy as a clam. 508,500 out the door price (plus insurance and DLT registration).

Went on a little road trip last week (CM to CR to Thaton, Fang, Chiang Dao) and the car handles like a go-kart.

Did a little day loop trip from Chiang Dao to Wiang Haeng, got caught in a torrential downpour (trees down, trucks off the road, etc.) and the little Honda came through with flying colors.

Four days on the road, and not once was passed by any vehicle...not bad for a 1200cc eco-car. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Well, as a postscript to my earlier comments eons ago- I ended up buying a Honda Brio eco-car.

Wanted to buy a Nissan March, but all the dealers here in CM gave me a minimum 2 month delivery date.

Went to all the Honda dealers here, and at one saw a blue one, the up market model (all the bells and whistles).

Bought it, and am happy as a clam. 508,500 out the door price (plus insurance and DLT registration).

Went on a little road trip last week (CM to CR to Thaton, Fang, Chiang Dao) and the car handles like a go-kart.

Did a little day loop trip from Chiang Dao to Wiang Haeng, got caught in a torrential downpour (trees down, trucks off the road, etc.) and the little Honda came through with flying colors.

Four days on the road, and not once was passed by any vehicle...not bad for a 1200cc eco-car. thumbsup.gif

curious what kiind of gas mileage does it get?

Almost exactly 20 km/l.

And this was driving at a brisk pace.

I know I am repeating myself, but overall I am very pleased with this car.

Build quality is top notch, doors close with a solid thunk, and the engine does not seem to strain at all.

On Hwy 1 coming into Chiang Rai, I was cruising at 140 km/hr effortlessly. rolleyes.gif

Almost exactly 20 km/l.

And this was driving at a brisk pace.

I know I am repeating myself, but overall I am very pleased with this car.

Build quality is top notch, doors close with a solid thunk, and the engine does not seem to strain at all.

On Hwy 1 coming into Chiang Rai, I was cruising at 140 km/hr effortlessly. rolleyes.gif

wow if i converted that correctly that is about 47 mpg usa gallons...excellent mileage...straight drive or automatic?

wow if i converted that correctly that is about 47 mpg usa gallons...excellent mileage...straight drive or automatic?

It is a CVT (constant variable transmission). In other words, an automatic.

It has 3 settings- the usual "D" for normal driving.

"S" is a slightly lower range which is used in mountain/hill driving- offers a slightly lower gear ratio, and improved engine braking for downhill descents.

"L" is rarely used- really I used it just once on a section of road with extremely steep inclines combined with hairpin corners.

You can shift between any of these settings easily while driving, except for D directly to L.

It is a CVT (constant variable transmission). In other words, an automatic.

It has 3 settings- the usual "D" for normal driving.

"S" is a slightly lower range which is used in mountain/hill driving- offers a slightly lower gear ratio, and improved engine braking for downhill descents.

"L" is rarely used- really I used it just once on a section of road with extremely steep inclines combined with hairpin corners.

You can shift between any of these settings easily while driving, except for D directly to L.

impresssive mileage...sounds like a great little car..how's the driver leg and headroom?

As someone who takes up plenty of head and leg room I've found the space and comfort in most small cars better than a lot of bigger ones.

The back tends to be only fit for a few shopping bags if you have a couple of fatties in the front though. rolleyes.giflaugh.pngcool.png

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

Talking about Ltrs per Klm, I just came down from Chiangrai to Koh Chang towing a fully loaded Trailer(about 1 tonne) in my BT50Pro-- 2.2lt.

I was amazed as I averaged 13 ltr per klm. There are a lot of flat road and hilly road between here and there so as I said I was really happy(and my wallet)