Short Changing In Foodland Pattaya

jobsworth

I always enjoy eating some food at the food counter at Foodland in Pattaya on Pattaya Kang.

There has never been a problem with the change.

The cooking staff and the cashier have been there a long time.

I was surprised 5 days ago at 6:30 am that an older management man was taking the orders and generally

supervising the smooth operation of the ordering and serving of food.

When it was time to pay my check bill I received in change some 20 Baht notes and some coins.

The manager jumped on me and said just a moment please and rechecked the change.

It was correct.

2 days ago I again visited Foodland at about 8am and enjoyed some of their excellent cooking.

The same manager was again there but a different cashier.

When it was time to pay my check bill I received a pile of 100 Baht notes and some 20 Baht notes and some coins.

The till receipt was not returned to me but I knew what I had and what it cost.

Checking the money I calculated in my head that it was about 100 Baht short.

But before I had time to say anything a second tray was delivered by the cashier

with 2 50 Baht notes. I guess that she was looking to see if I would notice or not,

There is something wrong in an otherwise highly respectable shop

and the management cannot find it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience in Foodland Pattaya?

people r entitled to make mistakes...............

if it continually happens then come back and post!

Negative post again mrdeedee?

I think the OP is trying to find out if it is an isolated case, or a regular occurrence actually.

You really need to restrain yourself from moderating the threads in here.

Posts have been deleted. This has carried on from other threads. obviously some people do not heed advise. Suspensions issued.

Rule # 1 for Thaivisa is:

1) To respect fellow members.
4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

You've got to break your 1000 baht notes SOMEWHERE, mate.

true. When my business runs short of small change I always tell the staff to go to 7-11 and buy a lollipop with a 1000B notelaugh.gif

Edited by BillR