1 Day Overstay

Sorry if this specific question has been answered elsewhere:

Do you get the black stamp if you are one day over, leaving at the airport?

I understand the risks of getting caught even one day over. I just don't want the black stamp for the long term.

Thanks,

DD

Sorry if this specific question has been answered elsewhere:Do you get the black stamp if you are one day over, leaving at the airport?  I understand the risks of getting caught even one day over.  I just don't want the black stamp for the long term.ThanksThanks, DD

Last year my Visa B was overstayed one weekend. Ran out Friday 2400 hrs. And was renewed at BKK Immigration the following Monday without any problem or stamps.

Only problem was my W/P, which couldnt be renewed and my lawyer had to start all over with the W/P. Dont ask why I didnt showed up in Bangkok on time... Stupid case.

I had 1 day overstay last year and yes, got a stamp in my passport and 200 Baht fine.

This was at Mae Sai. Other people have told me that 1 day overstay has been ignored, but you can't rely on it.

Edited by loong

Sorry if this specific question has been answered elsewhere:

Do you get the black stamp if you are one day over, leaving at the airport? 

I understand the risks of getting caught even one day over.  I just don't want the black stamp for the long term.

Thanks,

DD

Hi,

What's this "Black Stamp"???

Last Friday my wife and I were fined 1000 Baht each for 5 days overstayed. :o

We got an extra stamp in our passports with the number of days over, the amount of the fine, an indentification number, the date and a signature.

Is this the "Black Stamp" and if so, what does it mean as you say: "I just don't want the black stamp for the long term."

Cheers BaanOz.

Edit: BTW we were on the Tourist Visa Exemption which is for 30 days.

Edited by BaanOz

You paid your fine/s so you are off the hook in Thailand. I wouldn't make a habit of overstaying though. Some other countries take exception to persistent overstayers.

Thanks for the info Dr.

I've seen the paper on the penalties for Australia and they are tough. I personally overstayed Thailand before maybe 15 years ago. I hope they've forgotten :D , it's in an old passport.

Anyway, just one other thing we had to quickly sign on 2 pages. One yellow colour the other white. It was all in Thai and couldn't read it as our flight was leaving in 15 minutes (that's another story) and we were in a hurry! :o

Have you any idea what the paperwork is that we signed. I suppose it's all standard stuff?

Cheers, BaanOz

It is not likely that you will be marked PNG at Don Muang due to a one day overstay. I have overstayed many times and am still happily doing my thing in Thailand. The most I have overstayed was 66 days and I merely paid my fine, left for Singapore and returned the same day.

Having said this, you can be in serious trouble if you are caught by the Police in an overstay status. They won't say anything to you at the airport but it can get sticky if you are apprehended elsewhere.

It is not a good practice to do this sort of thing but one day is nothing serious.