BANGKOK 20 April 2019 23:52
Sign in to follow this  
JurgenG

How To Fit-In In The Village

I get treated much the same as anybody else does around here be they Thai, English, Danish, Australian, Dutch, Belgian, Austrian, German or Swiss...

So why did all the Americans leave?

Must be an interesting village. Do any Thai's live there? Maybe that's why the Americans left?

That was a quote from me I think but it wasn't just a village but the ones I know of locally which means about a 50 km radius as we are well scattered.

Too many local guys unhappy you're taking the pick of the litter.

This is rich. As if they might have the possibility of a chance at those assorted village picks.

There is a changing and growing consciousness amongst Thai women - certainly throughout the rural regions - towards their male counterparts. Most don't want to have anything to do with Thai guys.....if that was the case, they'd rather be alone. The Thai males just don't get it.

The litter is usually working as a bargirl due to the locals passing her over, divorced or children in tow. Local guys don't give 2 hoots about farangs marrying local Thai women. Chances are very high that farang will be attached/married to an ex-bargirl. Thai men do 'get it' in that they wouldn't touch an ex-bargirl. It's farangs that 'don't get it' by marrying a prostitute. Hence the reason why Thai men think us as f.........stupid. I go along with that.

Given a choice, do you think a Thai woman would rather spend a night with a 25 year old Thai, or a 50 year old farang ? The Thai guy would be more fun cuz he just wants to have fun. The farang just wants to impress her and pour out his troubles to anyone who'll listen as to how his ex wife treated him. Farang wins hands down, cuz he's got the money. Another reason why Thai males dislike us.

Edited by sinbin

Thai guys won't touch them? Right, nice cliche. Guess all the bar girls with Thai boyfriends or husbands in the background are living with ghosts. And all the girls who marry farang have been passed over by locals? Get a clue. They either passed on local guys looking for a better life, which yes involves money the local guys don't have. Or, they tried a local guy and got left with all his baggage that they now need someone to help take care of. And a local guy isn't going to sign up for that job when he can just go seduce another young unknowing girl. Your comment that most of those in the litter become bargirls is myopic. Do a drive by at a university one afternoon, are all/most of these thousands of female students secretly working as bargirls on the side? People everywhere are looking for a better life and marrying someone who has no means to provide one gets them nowhere. Quite racist to imply there is something wrong marrying up with someone not their 'own'.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Quite racist to imply there is something wrong marrying up with someone not their 'own'.

Get out of driving past universities to do your censuses, or you'll get a name for yourself. Go out into the villages and see what's what. You have your opinion and I respect that, but please don't imply that I'm 'racist'. I'm married to a Thai, so how in heaven can I be a 'racist' ? In fact where in my post do I 'imply there is something wrong marrying up with someone not their own' ? You're diggin for dirt that ain't there !! Edited by sinbin

sinbin's post an early contender for most cliched post of the year

If that's your full input on what seems to be a good debateable thread then I suggest you needn't have bothered. Edited by sinbin

Sinbin. Get off your pulpit. You're not the only one who's spent time in the village. Opinions are like a@sh!les, everyone's got one.

Opinions are like a@sh!les, everyone's got one.

I've already agreed that if you care to go back through my post. Obviously you are an hypocrite in that you telling me to 'get off your pulpit'. This indicates I shouldn't have an opinion. If that's your total input to this thread then I suggest that you too needn't have bothered. Stick to the topic and stop bothering people who want to contribute to this debate.