Car Insurance And Tax

true blue

Fully comp insurance with no NCB will set you back about 20k

Compulsory insurance is under 1000

Tax depends on which model it is,  somewhere between 1-7K

I think the cost of fully comp insurance is also rated on the value of the car/truck. When I bought new, my own truck was only covered (write off value) for Bht 500,000.00 (approx 90% of purchase price). The cost at that time (5 years ago) was Bht 22,000.00 p.a. The 'write off' value has decreased over the years and now stands at Bht 220,000.00 but my premium has increased to Bht 25,000.00 p.a. (without n/c). I believe if you buy a Bht 10,000,000.00 Merc new, and expect it to be fully covered for replacement value, I think the premiums would reflect this. However, TiT.

"Road" tax is based upon the number of doors/seats. As you say, Bht 1,000.00 for a two door pick-up. Bht 7,000.00 plus for a five door 7/8 seater MPV. Not sure about cars.

Fully comp insurance with no NCB will set you back about 20k

Compulsory insurance is under 1000

Tax depends on which model it is,  somewhere between 1-7K

I think the cost of fully comp insurance is also rated on the value of the car/truck. When I bought new, my own truck was only covered (write off value) for Bht 500,000.00 (approx 90% of purchase price). The cost at that time (5 years ago) was Bht 22,000.00 p.a. The 'write off' value has decreased over the years and now stands at Bht 220,000.00 but my premium has increased to Bht 25,000.00 p.a. (without n/c). I believe if you buy a Bht 10,000,000.00 Merc new, and expect it to be fully covered for replacement value, I think the premiums would reflect this. However, TiT.

"Road" tax is based upon the number of doors/seats. As you say, Bht 1,000.00 for a two door pick-up. Bht 7,000.00 plus for a five door 7/8 seater MPV. Not sure about cars.

cheers for imfo