My Family To Move To Los

Hi all.

My wife is Thai and my intention is to bring her over to the UK on a settlement visa. If that falls through and she can't come then me and my family would think about going to LOS.

I know I can get a non-Img B visa I believe as I am married, but I believe I need 400,000 in the bank for that. I would like to teach out there and so get a WP ASAP and so no need for any visa trips.

My family is the main one as I don't know what VISA they would need. They have a large bank balance, so they can support themselves finacially in LOS and can prove this with statements. My mum is 44 and step dad 40 so unsure what visa they can get, they would like to stay for 6 months to 1 year, but could end up living there, what would be there best option (Visa)

Thanks!

You first. No B visa unless you have work. Marriage is not work. :o

What you can get is a non immigrant O visa based on your marriage and the 400k will allow you to extend your stay to one year after you have been here 60 days. If you do not have the 400k from overseas and no job your best visa is a multi entry O visa which allows 90 day stays. When you find employment and obtain a work permit you can use that to extend your stay as you would with the 400k from overseas.

Your parents would probably be best off with a non immigrant O type visa also. From small Consulates in the UK that should be available to visit you. If they decide to stay longer a 3 million baht investment might be attractive for them.

Thanks for replying.

So how much would the O Visa be for each of my parents? Also would they need 400,000k in a Thai Bank each also. If they do this, will it allow them to stay in LOS for 1 year?

I hear also that they still need to contact someone in 90 days to confirm there address, is this right?

Thanks!

Thanks for replying.

So how much would the O Visa be for each of my parents?  Also would they need 400,000k in a Thai Bank each also.  If they do this, will it allow them to stay in LOS for 1 year?

I hear also that they still need to contact someone in 90 days to confirm there address, is this right?

Thanks!

They should be able to get the O visa based on the fact they are visiting you , they would not need to prove any money as would not qualify to get a 1yr extension anyway.

The cost for O visa is £40 for single entry and £90 for multiple entry... if your parents are staying longer than 3 months then the multiple entry is the one for them, they would have to make a visa run every 90 days.

As lopburi3 stated before.. if they were staying long term they could invest bt3 million and qualify for 1 year extensions..

Visa Info and application forms here - RTC Hull

totster :o