Flakey Farang Stories

Joel Barlow

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the phrase "off topic" now flakey flamming, then?

and, thanks, Jul... whoops, Se... q in there somewhere

back to topic, I thought of a couple more:

The guy who bragged about having had sex with every prostitute at Thapae Gate

(as absurd a brag as I’ve heard, and I’ve plenty of experience of the absurd,

and more I could say about that guy, except that he posts on TV)

Two people who bought guest houses they didn’t want to tell just anyone

the location of - one of whom got the deed put in the name of a MaeSai policeman (!)

and was later (having given up the guesthouse and gone to study “gemology”) spotted

in Nana Plaza trying to impress girls there with Lao he’d picked up

(need I mention that that didn’t work well?)…

When I mentioned this topic to the friend with the heroin story, he said he'd

first read it in the BKK Post, then verified it with cops he knew.

The packet was a kilo and a half!

We went on to discuss a couple flakes we know all too well,

and decided their stories simply can't be told,

as it's just too hard to figure where to start, and where to stop!

oh - for those who need to know: the "milk" we like is from hazlenuts.

Joel, this is the new and improved Chiang Rai Forum. Nicer people, all chatty and into social networking and being helpful. It is a new day and a new way. Much to the chagrin of some. :)

Yes there are some very flakey people onthis new impoved ChiangRai forum. Some of them even like to meet each ther in Real life.....how flakey can you get. :unsure:

Hey, I met you briefly harrry , and survived !. ....... Just :D

Snap we met briefly also (Rimkok) and like Jub says your still here to talk about it,nice encounter H hope we have a longer chat next time,cheers M8:) .

I've met a bunch of you guys just recently and survived as well. I still consider myself the newby with hopefully no flakeyness observed :lol: :jap:

harry was a bit flaky though If I recall. Looks like things sort of drop off him. Look like his finger was gonna drop off when I saw him :D

The finger won't drop off..they pinned it on well....though I don't know where my leg is. :whistling:

Have you looked in your other pair of shoes?

harry was a bit flaky though If I recall. Looks like things sort of drop off him. Look like his finger was gonna drop off when I saw him :D

The finger won't drop off..they pinned it on well....though I don't know where my leg is. :whistling:

Have you looked in your other pair of shoes?

You mean peopl have pairs of hoes. I gt mine fron theboxes outside shops where they have al right shoes.p

OK OK I will flame this topic. I havn't seen many flake p[osts, more of just chatting with joel. It was a great subject but now getting borring. Can we keep the chats to private and the flake stiories for this post?

hahahahahahahahh+ Flame enough?

villagefarang, on 2010-09-13 09:29, said:

Joel, this is the new and improved Chiang Rai Forum. Nicer people, all chatty and into social networking and being helpful. It is a new day and a new way. Much to the chagrin of some.

Well we did say not everyone likes the new stye forum :whistling:

OK OK I will flame this topic. I havn't seen many flake p[osts, more of just chatting with joel. It was a great subject but now getting borring. Can we keep the chats to private and the flake stiories for this post?

hahahahahahahahh+ Flame enough?

It hurts , It really hurts ! :)

Not a Chiang Rai story but probably relevant.

I knew an English bar owner in Vientiane. At least once a month he'd get drunker then usual and fire all the staff. He drive them from the bar along with the customers, lock the door and drink himself insensible.

The next day he's scour the town for his staff and beg them to come back.

The customers never minded, he never thought to make them pay their check bins before he chucked them out.

One afternoon he came in with a hangover and started abusing the barmaid (whom I happened to be courting at the time). The till was short the night before (through people leaving without paying) and he loudly declared that from that time on, all drinks would be paid for when they were served with no exceptions.

Dry from his ranting he sat down and said "Bring me a Beer Lao".

She put it in front of him and said... "8000kip please".

"NOT ME YOU STUPID B**^##"

:lol:

At Tops and Tesco there are lots of specialized "milks" boxed like Lectasoy.

Several contain black sesame, and one of the best comes from hazelnuts.

maybe I shoulde start a new thread on this?

Not about New York, which I could tell about, but don't see why.

Kinda hoping to not be returning...

Oh, good story, Seca. But waht happened to getting off topic?

Edited by Joel Barlow

Well you chaps what's this FLAKY word? Please speak the queen's English fellas from across the pond.

Welcome back Joel! American lady Helen is quite a fan of yours, she'd been here 3 weeks and found you, I've been in in Crai 16 years and never met you. Maybe you yanks have the knack of stiffing each other out!

Maybe Scea can plan another get together, must be afternoon tea at 4pm of course!!!!:D

o

At Tops and Tesco there are lots of specialized "milks" boxed like Lectasoy.

Several contain black sesame, and one of the best comes from hazelnuts.

maybe I shoulde start a new thread on this?

Not about New York, which I could tell about, but don't see why.

Kinda hoping to not be returning...

Oh, good story, Seca. But waht happened to getting off topic?

Don't see why Joel. !? .... You did started to talk about New York in the 'white Elephant' thread. Can't remember ?

I think your a natural Joel :D ......... Possibly a bit Flakey Too ! ...... Time will Tell .... Thats if you stick around and don't take your Ball home too soon :D

Just had a phone call from New York.

Yech! Didn't lose my temper though,

or even take my ball (of beeswax) home to here.

But it's sure starting to look like money here is safer than money there -

at least for a little while longer, anyway.

If you know what I mean

(and we're definately not supposed to talk about THAT).

Well you chaps what's this FLAKY word? Please speak the queen's English fellas from across the pond.

Welcome back Joel! American lady Helen is quite a fan of yours, she'd been here 3 weeks and found you, I've been in in Crai 16 years and never met you. Maybe you yanks have the knack of stiffing each other out!

Maybe Scea can plan another get together, must be afternoon tea at 4pm of course!!!!:D

Speaking of get togethers, don't forget to give me a call this week lannaman.

Well I thought of you when I saw the flakey farang thread, and here you are. :lol:

How's things going Thad? :)

Just fine J.

You want to see flakey (others do, and avoiding going off topic) try explaining flakey pastry (puff.... ooh err... pastry) to anyone around here and how it is made (properly) ... do you know how? I think I may organise a seminar, if I can find a cold room big enough and finish writing my speech on the similarities between flakey pastry and a samurai sword.

You think I'm strange, you should meet my pet emu, he's really odd, twists on 17 and thinks that "Come on Eileen" was an instruction instead of a crap song.... the Kleenex bill last month was through the roof, and you should see this office, not enough room to swing a cat.

For gods sake, don't get me started on cuff-links.

You mean peopl have pairs of hoes.

Talking about gardening implements obviously. :whistling:

Get with the program Thaddeus ! . I supect Harrrys an Aussie and what he really mean't to say is :-

You mean people have pairs of Shoes ? ! . I get mine from blah blah blah ..... You Rotten Pommie Ba$t@rds ! :D

You mean peopl have pairs of hoes.

Talking about gardening implements obviously. :whistling:

Get with the program Thaddeus ! . I supect Harrrys an Aussie and what he really mean't to say is :-

You mean people have pairs of Shoes ? ! . I get mine from blah blah blah ..... You Rotten Pommie Ba$t@rds ! :D

Suspected Aussie eh .... this is were I drop out of the conversation ;)

Sceadugenga, who cares little for forum rules, fearlessly posts a link to Joel's online magazine.

ChiangHai Mag

Welcome back.

You don't look like a Joel Barlow. Funny how you picture someone on the internet and when you meet them, they look completly different .

I'm not quite sure what you mean... :huh:

Any rumour that Joel and I are one and the same can easily be put to rest by Peter, at Orn's Books, who has met us both at the same time on a number of occasions.

Edit: Plus I'm much more hansum.

Edited by sceadugenga

So, I wonder, is there anything to be learned from notice of these Flakey Farang?

I like to think that life teaches us lessons, and certainly hope that I, and others, learn from experience (despite noticing that sometimes I, and others, don't).

Back home in "Kansas" would anyone ever expect a cop to be someone who might help them towards achievement of some fantasy they've chosen to indulge in? I think not. But I've heard tales of cops in Cambodia lighting joints for people, in Katmandu offering ganja (in various forms) for sale,

and here I've had more than just one or two men in uniform offer to introduce me to their sisters.

Reminds me of a joke about Pinocchio and Snow White, with the punch line, "Lie to me! Lie to me!"

"East is east and west is west, and ne'er the twain shall meet" wrote Kipling, but I think we need not be but temporary sojourners passing through here. I'm not positive about that, mind you, and do think a lot of the Farang who come here are merely indulging themselves. But there's a

lot about life back home that isn't altogether connected, a lot about society and politics everywhere that's quite unhinged, and here in ChiangRai, at least, we've lots of different cultures and 'lifestyles' interacting more successfully than I've seen elsewhere.

How much one can truly 'give' anywhere I don't know, and I'm not interested in preaching, but I do think that one can try to build more than fantasy here, and, not to knock hedonistic pleasures, actually achieve a few things to be proud of. Difficult, sure - thats the case anywhere.

Edited by Joel Barlow

My favourite Kipling verse.

Now it is not good for the Christian's health

To hustle the Aryan brown,

For the Christian riles and the Aryan smiles,

And it weareth the Christian down.

And the end of the fight

Is a tombstone white

With the name of the late deceased

And the epitaph drear: "A fool lies here

who tried to hustle the East."