Flakey Farang Stories

Joel Barlow

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep noticing the character in Wiang Chai, who sits on his scooter, in shorts and no shirt, covered in tattoos, and apparently drinking beer and worshiping the afternoon sun. Seems to have a couple of favorite perches and always oriented toward the sun with a bottle in his hand.

I have also passed our local recumbent biker a couple of times recently, after not seeing him for awhile. Haven't seen the Nordic Rollerblader for awhile, though.

Not saying any of these gentlemen are flakey but they are a bit unusual, standout in a crowd and add a touch of color to our community. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I keep noticing the character in Wiang Chai, who sits on his scooter, in shorts and no shirt, covered in tattoos, and apparently drinking beer and worshiping the afternoon sun. Seems to have a couple of favorite perches and always oriented toward the sun with a bottle in his hand.

I have also passed our local recumbent biker a couple of times recently, after not seeing him for awhile. Haven't seen the Nordic Rollerblader for awhile, though.

Not saying any of these gentlemen are flakey but they are a bit unusual, standout in a crowd and add a touch of color to our community. ;)

Couple of 'Flakey' Farangs in Big C today.! :)

The Guy with the name cards spotted me whilst I was tucking into my KFC Zinger Chicken Burger, but did the decent thing and left me alone. Unfortunately as I made a dash for the Exit I bumped into another one.

I guess there where atleast 3 flaky farangs in Big C today, myself included :D

The Guy with the name cards spotted me whilst I was tucking into my KFC Zinger Chicken Burger, but did the decent thing and left me alone. Unfortunately as I made a dash for the Exit I bumped into another one.

Details needed. What made these guys flakey. Looks or actions? Need a heads up for my next Big C visit.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Wheres Joel and his posse of flakey farangs !?

One of my farang neighbours was in Chiang Rai a couple of days ago. Not sure flaky is quite the description , anyway. He left for a Visa run to mai sai on a motorbike but ended up in Chiang Rai instead.

Apparently he booked into a Guesthouse just off Jetyod for two nights. Parked up the motorbike there too. Later that night he booked into another guesthouse having completely forgot about the first one.

His wife had to search chiang Rai for the motorbike and pick up the tab for his two days stay of absense.

Wheres Joel and his posse of flakey farangs !?

One of my farang neighbours was in Chiang Rai a couple of days ago. Not sure flaky is quite the description , anyway. He left for a Visa run to mai sai on a motorbike but ended up in Chiang Rai instead.

Apparently he booked into a Guesthouse just off Jetyod for two nights. Parked up the motorbike there too. Later that night he booked into another guesthouse having completely forgot about the first one.

His wife had to search Chiang Rai for the motorbike and pick up the tab for his two days stay of absense.

That sounds like the kind of guy who takes up knitting as a hobby.

Details needed. What made these guys flakey. Looks or actions? Need a heads up for my next Big C visit.:D

I wouldn't worry too much. The other guy probably looked and acted something like me. Then again that might me a scary thought for some. ;)