BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
RedHotChilli

Work Permit Question (Language School)

Pria, you are correct. She doesn't need a valid visa, but a valid permission to stay (based on a non-immigrant visa). Her visa having expired after her entry is no problem.

Thank you Mario. She'll be pleased to hear that.

Also, thanks to Phatcharanan

If she experiences differently I'll come back and post an update.

i'd still like to see an applicant try to get a TL from the MoE without a degree. or don't language schools fall under the MoE's jurisdiction?

i'd still like to see an applicant try to get a TL from the MoE without a degree. or don't language schools fall under the MoE's jurisdiction?

Language schools under MoE but TL is not required... Nor is a degree. Really up to the school who they employ... but TEFL or similar would normally be the minimum.

Language schools under MoE but TL is not required... Nor is a degree. Really up to the school who they employ... but TEFL or similar would normally be the minimum.

Really. Talk to some of these western guys who get married and setup a language school. They think the MOE standards "apply" to them.

Degree

Thai Culture thingamiger (That piece of paper not worth crap.)

References

Teacher Phil.

Criminal Background check from FBI, and Thai.

When you tell them. Did you not know the MOE standards do not apply to a place like this. They will say yes they do, because their Thai wife will call MOE and tell her husband.