Chiang Rai

teddysbuttons

No need to know a thing. Just do it. A little, on the job training, after you get here and everything will be as right as rain. And there is a lot of that lately, rain that is.

Come with the idea of staying a few months, and if things workout, just stay indefinitely. It has been done before, more times than you could imagine. Enjoy the adventure of it all. :)

No need to know a thing. Just do it. A little, on the job training, after you get here and everything will be as right as rain. And there is a lot of that lately, rain that is.

Come with the idea of staying a few months, and if things workout, just stay indefinitely. It has been done before, more times than you could imagine. Enjoy the adventure of it all. :)

I'd be coming over on a ' retirement ' visa .. 12 months multiple entry .. that is after i have qualified .. ie money in bank, proof of address after 3 months .. will have to store furniture til after the 3 months, just incase all goes pair shaped, will have to get a furnished place til then. I really want to do this, but it scares me to death lol

I'd be coming over on a ' retirement ' visa .. 12 months multiple entry .. that is after i have qualified .. ie money in bank, proof of address after 3 months .. will have to store furniture til after the 3 months, just incase all goes pair shaped, will have to get a furnished place til then. I really want to do this, but it scares me to death lol

The fear is part of the fun. It gets the old juices flowing. You will be fine. :)

Not much to fear really mate. Its a nice welcoming place on the whole. I hope I can have such an adventure again when I'm 58 . We even have an Aussie Bar which I'm sure will welcome you . :D

Hey, we'll even meet you at the Airport :D

You just have to stay clear of those three guys that want to remove everyones buttons and maybe me B)

Easy rental for sure.

Maybe worth making getting some Health insurance a priority though.

You are in good Health arn't you ?

Edited by jubby

My two baht here. As the others said, store your stuff and come have a look. I also volunteer to pick you up at the airport. Lots of short term, cheap places to stay while you have a look at the rentals.

As VF said, come for a week, stay for a lifetime. That is true. At any point that it might start to look scary, the same airplanes are operating to take you back "home". So, don't come here afraid. Come for a visit and relax. You will soon find yourself at home, here, instead of there.

I am sorry to hear that you are Australian. But as some of the others from there have learned, this place can cure you and we don't hold it against you. You will be normal, like me, in no time.

PM or e-mail me from my profile page me if you need me for anything. Glad to help.

My two baht here. As the others said, store your stuff and come have a look. I also volunteer to pick you up at the airport. Lots of short term, cheap places to stay while you have a look at the rentals.

As VF said, come for a week, stay for a lifetime. That is true. At any point that it might start to look scary, the same airplanes are operating to take you back "home". So, don't come here afraid. Come for a visit and relax. You will soon find yourself at home, here, instead of there.

I am sorry to hear that you are Australian. But as some of the others from there have learned, this place can cure you and we don't hold it against you. You will be normal, like me, in no time.

PM or e-mail me from my profile page me if you need me for anything. Glad to help.

I'm not Australian, although have lived here for 40 years, I'm a Pom ( which actually could be worse ) biggrin.gif but don't hold that against me rolleyes.gif

That's the whole point of the exercise, my time now, kids gone, hubby gone, want to do what i want, and why shouldn't i. Will look into health insurance, health good, but shitty back, but if i watch what i do, all's good with that

There are 1-2 who use this forum who would prefer that you wait a few years as they prefer ex-pats here to be 60+ but the vast majority will welcome you with open arms.

Chiang Rai is a great place to live and you've obviously thought long & hard about it so just do it, you'll regret it if you don't!

Finding a rental place will be easy and I'm sure folk will let you know of suitable places if/when we hear of them. If you have any more questions or just want to be reassured that you're doing the right thing just tap away on your keyboard but keep it serious and fun-free ;)

Hey Teddybuttom.!

Welcome to CR-dont be afraid-they are not so bad as they sound,at all.

As some of them said-if you need a pick up, or enything else-send a pm-we are here to help you.

Alot of good rent opportunities in the area-but as mention-get that health insurrance-thats very importantant.

Once again-welcome-hope to see you.!

I can't recall a regular female contributor during my tenure here.

Hopefully our boy's club image may be about to change.

I do know a very nice 'Aussie Sheila' goes to the Hash sometimes, not sure she's still about. I'm sure she can show her the ropes

' a calming influence ' well i'll try, although not to sure i'll succeed.

Anyway, I'd better get out of here, and get some things done.

When can we expect you ? :)

by the way, Have you checked out the ladies section of the Forum. They can help with the Girlie things some of us basic types know nothing about .

' a calming influence ' well i'll try, although not to sure i'll succeed.

Anyway, I'd better get out of here, and get some things done.

When can we expect you ? :)

by the way, Have you checked out the ladies section of the Forum. They can help with the Girlie things some of us basic types know nothing about .

House goes on the market November .. as soon as it sells im gone

Good. to put it all in perspective. I'm sure it would be easier a move than going to the UK . perish the though :D

Do speak to the ladies on the Ladies Forum.

And Kd. better put an extra shrimp on that BBQ :D

Edited by jubby

'Hubby Gone' . So your a Sheila then ;)

We do have a few western Ladies here, I'm sure they'll welcome you with open Arms.

Better take a Chaperone to the Airport with you Khandahar :D

I won't need a chaperon. But the wife will be with me as part of the welcoming committee if I go.

As the lady needs some help and seeing as its usually just us Neanderthal Men on here with the exception of VF, Limbo & Rupert ofcourse :D

I was thinking Maybe we do have some ladies here in Chiang Rai who read but don't post . maybe a good time to do so.

Hi.!

I can see on your other thread that you have looked at Lanas propperty-just want to et you know, that exampel-that house he shows in Sinthanee-is in Sinthanee 2-5 km outsite the town-and it must be a very old picture-we was there, and see it-it is like trass now-so dont think abot that one.

I looked-when I googled-rental huse in Chiang Rai, Thailand-some nice ones-but outsite town-10-20 km-and pretty expensive, I think-from 10-20.000-you can get it much cheaper here.

Just want to let you know about that Sinthanee house.

I'm not Australian, although have lived here for 40 years, I'm a Pom ( which actually could be worse ) biggrin.gif but don't hold that against me rolleyes.gif

What is a Pom?

English. I think it started from POME and originated from when England used Australia as a big prison and sent their convicts there...Prisoner Of Mother England or Prisoner of her Majesty. Have also heard it comes from pomegranate but not sure why.

I can't recall a regular female contributor during my tenure here.

Hopefully our boy's club image may be about to change.

I do know a very nice 'Aussie Sheila' goes to the Hash sometimes, not sure she's still about. I'm sure she can show her the ropes

She is still about. She was at the last Hash. I have her number if the newbie needs it when she hits town or I can introduce them. She doesn't spend any time on this forum, as far as I know.