Non-imm B - Working Rights?

Hi.

Youngster from Aus on a non-imm B visa. Been here years, but only recently on this type of visa.

If I'm in the process of starting up a company here, what 'work' can I legally do whilst waiting for everything to be finalised?

I ask because I may have to make a court appearance soon. Or at least lodge some documents with a lawyer pertaining to a loss of income claim.

At the moment I've been doing some 'consultancy', on a self-employed basis. Without a work permit, can I claim this?

What about on-line work that produces income in another country?

Appreciate any comments.

............what 'work' can I legally do whilst waiting for everything to be finalised...........

If you have been here for more than 10 days - N O T H I N G

But it depends how much you want to consult in prison. :o

Stop being Lazy, get your company finalizes with the proper paperwork, then go your hardest. And Good Luck.

How much do like it when foreigners set up dodgy businesses back in OZ ? Same here sunshine.

If I'm in the process of starting up a company here, what 'work' can I legally do whilst waiting for everything to be finalised?

Any work that has to do with setting up the company.

Actually when I applied for my work permit, labour department asked for some trade licenses for the company before they approve it. When I argued that meanwhile I am not allowed to work, so how can I get such licenses they said they will allow this kind of "work" with no WP.

doesn't really seem relevant to your condition though :o where is the court in which you are applying?