Working For My Company In Sweden From Thailand

Hi

Im planing to test the life in Bkk for 6 months. I have my own bussines in sweden which makes it possible for me to work on distance during the time of my stay.

What kind of visa, work permit do i need for this?

Regards,

Christopher

Hi

Im planing to test the life in Bkk for 6 months. I have my own bussines in sweden which makes it possible for me to work on distance during the time of my stay.

Regards,

Christopher

I think you can apply for a 1 year multi entry B on the grounds that you are investigating the possibility of setting up a business in TH. You'll have to leave the country every 6 months. If you decide to go for it longer term, set up a local Co Ltd so you can get the proper work permit etc.

Hi

Regards,

Christopher

I think you can apply for a 1 year multi entry B on the grounds that you are investigating the possibility of setting up a business in TH. You'll have to leave the country every 6 months. If you decide to go for it longer term, set up a local Co Ltd so you can get the proper work permit etc.

Ok.. thanks for the tip..

You'll have to leave the country every 6 months.

Not 3 months?

Anyway, Christoffer, whatever you do, don't tell them that you are acctually working here, since that requires a workpermit. (Apparently even if it's on your own company and that isn't located here...) :o

Ok .. and what are the possibilities to get cought? Let say I sit at starbucks everyday for 5 hours with my lap?

Ok .. and what are the possibilities to get cought? Let say I sit at starbucks everyday for 5 hours with my lap?

Search for "working" + "problems" or something here, and you will get a number of threads. It's affecting a lot of ppl to redicilous lengths. Or not at all if nobody knows about it...

I would go with a tourist visa.

Your not actually working.. are you?

hehe .. yes I am working. I will frelance as a programmer for several companies in sweden.. So i will have 5-8 hours workday..

Rethorical question since you aren't allowed to work here...

ok ... :o ... i guess it's hard for them to prove.. it's my hobby then!

The thing is that ANY work done while here (even if earned abroad/does not earn you a single $ Etc.) needs a work permit as the law is - it is the enforcement that naturally becomes difficult.

I will be earning some money "working" with my own investments 3-4 hours every day on my PC - I do certainly not plan for needing a work permit doing that, but anything beyond that (say, advising others online for a fee ) would in theory require the work permit.

Cheers!

I would say no as long as done with own savings/investments/margin. Many of the things I do, others would be paying a broker or investment analysis to do but I guess that it is comparable with doing your own yard work, cleaning, washing car, painting house Etc.

In the "real world" I think that what authorities are after is money earned for work IN Thailand. Unlike the Western world countries (who tax wise wants to suck us all dry :o ) Thailand is rather non-chalant about foreign earned income.

Has anybody ever heard of a case where e.g. internet income created a work permit (or tax) case here?

Cheers!

There are many people trading stocks.

Is that considered work?