Nikon D7000:

Tywais

It's been a long time coming, but Nikon has finally unveiled its new midrange model, the D7000, in one of the most eagerly anticipated announcements of the year. The D7000 doesn't replace the D90; it's launching at a higher price than the D90 did, and the D90 is still widely available. Instead, the D7000 takes on the Canon 60D in the price class up from the D90, with a host of improvements that portend well for the new camera.

Scheduled release date November.

Source: Cnet.com

Review and full specifications > dpreview

Just what I need... ANOTHER camera. ... to go with the 10 or 20 I have sitting unused in my closet. :lol:

Sounds good though, and might be someting to take the place of carrying both a video camera and my D200. I STILL need to pack a point and shoot Pentax for under water shots. It's much easier carrying a small camera you can stick in your pocket and one that you don't have to worry about getting wet or being dropped.

Just what I need... ANOTHER camera. ... to go with the 10 or 20 I have sitting unused in my closet. :lol:

Considering the time span your posted photos seem to have I'm sure you must have some antiques in there that would pay for a new camera. :D

At the moment my eye is on the Sony Alpha A55 as it better fits my budget. I think the D7000 will be outside of my price comfort.

• Like 1

Considering the time span your posted photos seem to have I'm sure you must have some antiques in there that would pay for a new camera. :D

At the moment my eye is on the Sony Alpha A55 as it better fits my budget. I think the D7000 will be outside of my price comfort.

The camera costs is not the only consideration. There's the lenses and the overall system. If you already have Sony glass and are happy with Sony then why change? If you are not committed to Sony then Canon and Nikon would be my first choices.

The camera costs is not the only consideration. There's the lenses and the overall system. If you already have Sony glass and are happy with Sony then why change? If you are not committed to Sony then Canon and Nikon would be my first choices.

Understood. As this will be my first dSLR I have no lenses committed so no change being made. The Canon 550D or Nikon D90 was at the top of my list until reading the specs and review on the A55. Will certainly wait until it's released and read more reviews before making a decision. Canon & Nikon in the meantime may come out with something else in this class.

Understood. As this will be my first dSLR I have no lenses committed so no change being made. The Canon 550D or Nikon D90 was at the top of my list until reading the specs and review on the A55. Will certainly wait until it's released and read more reviews before making a decision. Canon & Nikon in the meantime may come out with something else in this class.

Please visit Dxo labs website for unbiased tests on both cameras and sensors. They just recently added lens testing.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php

I would disagree about the cost difference, the D90 came out in 08 and the average price for the 18-105 kit was US$1200. Amazon is taking pre-orders of the D7000 kit for US$1499 for the early birds, the price will most likely come down a bit once the camera is available on the street. Based upon the specs of the D7000, the small increase is pretty easy to justify.

I own a D90 and would love to get my hands on the D7k but the D90 does everything I ask and more and I find it difficult to substantiate the upgrade.

As mentioned above, the most important part of the camera is the glass, consider a body only and then shop for the len(s) to fit your needs.

D90 results in the attachments.

Happy snapping,

dDay

D90

AF-S16-85 3.5-5.6G ED VR

from reading the specs, the 7000 is a vast improvement over the 90 but it also costs a lot more. 16 mg pixes is great.

About time to upgrade from my D80

D7000/

post-44478-032483900 1284806366_thumb.jp

post-44478-029588300 1284806649_thumb.jp

Edited by DDay