400,000 Letter From Bank

Does the letter have to be dated the day of the visit to immigaration for a one year marriage extension?

How many days before can it be done?

I believe that it's 7 days, however, 2 to 3 days would be better. Just make sure that the copy(ies) of your passbook show the same date and the same amount (the last entry). And take the original passbook with you just in case.

Edited by jayenram

I believe within 10 days was the last published guidance but I would try to make it 7 days (as with 90 day reports) just to be sure.

Some bank will want to make it the next day because they believe they have to freeze your funds if they say your account had xxxx on 21 xxx and the day is not over. An alternative is to have them write your account balance for day 20.

The banks in this neck of the woods take till the following day to produce the letter.

Those were my exact thoughts when i started the thread.I live in a backwater and things move real slow here.

Thankfully i have had four reassuring posts in a very short space of time. :o

Lopburi3's advice is on the moey Digger.

Yes,certainly seems to know his stuff.

Got to like this forum as you can be thousands of miles from home and have a big group of guys and gals to assist.The odd one or two need a little therapy,but hey whose perfect. :o