Bus Direct From Pattaya To Hua Hin

c721671

First, can a moderator change the title? I misspelled Hua Hin. Sorry

---

After some searching, I found info on the bus direct from Pattaya to Hua Hin and back. I bought a ticket yesterday for 270 baht, and I will be traveling at 1800 tonight. I'll post a follow-up report here.

Link: http://yellowbusthai.../blog-post.html

Website: http://www.iloveyell....com/roots.html (Route #6 near bottom of page)

Website English Translation: http://translate.goo...om%2Froots.html (Route #6 near bottom of page)

Here is the information I got about the above bus service. I called 081-806-1050 - he spoke English very well.

The bus from Pattaya North Bus Station (same one as Bangkok) to "Koh Samui" runs every day, it is called "the Yellow Bus". It stops at Hua Hin and Surat Thani. It originates in Rayong

You can buy a ticket at Pattaya Bus Station at the same window where you buy a ticket for the Makhasan. Ask for a ticket for the "yellow bus to Hua Hin".

The schedule from Pattaya to Hua Hin is:

Departs Pattaya: 18:00 hrs

Arrives Hua Hin Clock Tower: approx: 22:30, depending on traffic

Hua Hin to Pattaya is a little more unpredictable, as the bus originates at Surat Thani during the day, so the departure time from Hua Hin is variable. I am told it usually departs Hua Hin for Pattaya about 00:00 or 00:30. If you want to depart from Hua Hin to Pattaya, you must call them in advance so they know to stop and pick you up!

If you look at the Google Translate page I linked above, you will see the entire schedule.

Fare Pattaya to HH is 270 baht

FYI, I was told the fare to Surat Thani is 659 baht or 1025 baht, depending on if you have a VIP seat or not. So it is possible that some of these seats are "sleepers" of some kind.

This might be a good alternative to going into Bangkok, or going to Mukdahan and changing buses there. The times of operation are not the best, though, but they are like this because the final destination of this bus is Surat Thani Province; Hua Hin is just a stop along the way.

Finally, here is a picture of a sign advertising the bus.

post-114176-073348000 1284870467_thumb.j

Edited by c721671
  • Like 1

I've seen a Sign on the main Road virtually opposite the Clock Tower that advertises Pattaya/Chin Buri but for some reason i was unde rthe impression it was a Mini Bus Service, which this wouldn't be ??

The 00:00 - 00:30 Hua Hin Pick up ruin's this particular Service that the OP mentions for me anyway, i'd rather do a VM change if i was to do the route & have better times..

I've seen a Sign on the main Road virtually opposite the Clock Tower that advertises Pattaya/Chin Buri but for some reason i was unde rthe impression it was a Mini Bus Service, which this wouldn't be ??

There are four departures a day to Pattaya from Hua Hin but I can't remember the exact departure signs. They are, however, advertised on the road side sign opposite the clock tower and a bit North.

Here is a follow-up to the bus service I posted about in the first post. I took it from Pattaya to Hua Hin last night. This is a big coach bus, not a minibus.

The bus starts in Rayong and ends in Samui. A few stops along the way to pick up passengers. Two 10-minute bathroom stops are near Chonburi and outside Hua Hin. We arrived Hua Hin 22:35 so 4.5 hours total, with 2 stops. Not bad. The drop off in Hua Hin is alongside the road, at the clock tower.

The bus pulled in from Rayong about 17:50 and departed Pattaya 5 minutes later. The guy I was talking to said the 18:00 Pattaya departure time is approximate, usually a few mins early.

All seats are reserved. When I got on, the bus was 1/4 full. At Chonburi, it was full. This bus is very, very roomy. Far more leg room and seat recline than the Bangkok-Pattaya bus. There are only 8 rows of seats, two seats on each side of the aisle. There are 2 rows of "VIP" seats in the front. Roughly like a first-class airline seat, but not fully reclining. I booked the 270 baht seat and it is OK, I might inquire next time about how much the front 2 rows are, or if they even sell them.

I was the only one that got off at Hua Hin. And all customers on the bus were Thai except for one farang backpacker. All announcements in Thai. Soft Thai pop love songs played part of the way, no annoying soap operas or stupid movies.

I would suggest to buy the ticket a day in advance (like I did). For information, I called 081-806-1050 - he spoke English very well.

I have no experience with the opposite direction (Hua Hin to Pattaya). I was told departure from Hua Hin is approx 00:00-00:30. You call and make a reservation. I am going to Bangkok in a few days, so I am not going back to Pattaya.

This is far better and more comfortable than going to BKK and changing there, in my opinion.

post-114176-069122800 1284953942_thumb.j

post-114176-067984100 1284953965_thumb.j

There are four departures a day to Pattaya from Hua Hin but I can't remember the exact departure signs. They are, however, advertised on the road side sign opposite the clock tower and a bit North.

Do you have more info on that 4x daily service? Is it minivan or "big bus"? The service the OP is talking about is clearly a 1x daily "Big Yellow Bus".

Do you have more info on that 4x daily service? Is it minivan or "big bus"? The service the OP is talking about is clearly a 1x daily "Big Yellow Bus".

No, I have only seen the sign and only remember the four time daily and that the route is through Bang Saen, Sri Racha and Banglamung, i.e. I suppose it follows Sukhumvit Eastbound.

Just got into Hua Hin and there is a white minibus (same that goes HH-Victory mon.) that runs to Pattaya at 2 hourly intervals with first at 0600 and last at 1800. It leaves as the Bangkok service does from just off soi 72. Didn't enquire as to the price.

Cheers

Just got into Hua Hin and there is a white minibus (same that goes HH-Victory mon.) that runs to Pattaya at 2 hourly intervals with first at 0600 and last at 1800. It leaves as the Bangkok service does from just off soi 72. Didn't enquire as to the price.

Cheers

A week ago, I saw this too, I stopped and got the info.

There is ALSO a minibus service from Hua Hin to Pattaya, in addition to the big bus I took above. The office in Hua Hin is on Sa Song Rd 1/2 block south of Thanon Dechanuchit, roughly across from the bus station that handles the big buses to Bangkok South station. The girl that works there told me vans go every 2 hours throughout the day, and fare is 280 baht. You can book in Hua Hin by calling her at 088-709-2364. She said they start in Pattaya at Panklear Plaza on South Pattaya Rd (I do not know where that is). Pattaya departure info is available at 088-709-2365.

Here is the flyer she gave me, and a map of where the office is in Hua Hin.

post-114176-041954400 1285812903_thumb.j

post-114176-058106800 1285813154_thumb.j

Edited by c721671

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that (ferry service) was sure kept under wraps! The most recent failed one that never started had numerous press articles trumpeting its service.

Or, is this that same one and they worked out their problems with the hydrofoil?

• 1 year later...

Re: Minivan from Hua-hin to Pattaya, anyone travelled this way recently? I'll be in Thailand during Sep, I want to take the minivan from Hua-hin to Pattaya, I don't know Panklear Plaza on South Pattaya Rd and can't seem to find any info on it online, does the minivan still drop off there? Will it be easy for me (and my suitcase) to get into the cantre of Pattaya from here? Songthaew or taxi, how much is the cost?

Re: Minivan from Hua-hin to Pattaya, anyone travelled this way recently? I'll be in Thailand during Sep, I want to take the minivan from Hua-hin to Pattaya, I don't know Panklear Plaza on South Pattaya Rd and can't seem to find any info on it online, does the minivan still drop off there? Will it be easy for me (and my suitcase) to get into the cantre of Pattaya from here? Songthaew or taxi, how much is the cost?

The office is on the corner of Soi 10 Pattaya Tai.

• 2 months later...

Have you taken this trip yet? I am about to do the same in nov ,I think,,

It seems like the ferryline hua hin-pattaya has shut down? anyone knows if they are about to open again?

Thanks/

It seems like the ferryline hua hin-pattaya has shut down? anyone knows if they are about to open again?

Thanks/

There are talks in process about the viability of the government running a car ferry between the two cities but they are only at the talking/planning stage at the moment. The smaller ferry that was running last year has shut the run down and has no plans at the moment of resuming the route. They are doing trips up and down the coast on the Pattaya side only now.

Thanks/

There are talks in process about the viability of the government running a car ferry between the two cities but they are only at the talking/planning stage at the moment. The smaller ferry that was running last year has shut the run down and has no plans at the moment of resuming the route. They are doing trips up and down the coast on the Pattaya side only now.

Ok,, how about direct flights to pattaya, I found some treads on internet but dont know if there actually is a working flight route huahin -pattaya?

feels like a bit tiering to spend 6 hrs on a bus, But I think i prefer the big yellow bus instead of the crazy minibus rides,,

scared the shit out of me last year ,, from cha am to bkk in record time.

that leavs only to negotiate with a cab driver for a resnoable fee?

Bet not one of you will use the service if or when it starts, you'll take the bus, tight ass Ex Pats in Hua Hin. Talk the Talk or Walk the Walk, talkers, dreamer's.

are you talking to everyone that reads this site mate, or just the people who have replied? seems like quite a broad statement you are making with such harsh tones.....

you having a bad day fella? maybe a few nice dreams and a talk will help..... fingers crossed for ya mate

Bet not one of you will use the service if or when it starts, you'll take the bus, tight ass Ex Pats in Hua Hin. Talk the Talk or Walk the Walk, talkers, dreamer's.

I drive myself. I don't trust the attitude towards safety of a Thai driver of anything, whether it be car, boat, or airplane. tongue.png

Edited by hhfarang

I have a pickup truck,but for longer trips i prefer public transport.I try to avoid the roads when possible.

When i meet up with mates in pattaya i catch the train to bangkok,then change to the mrt,get off at petchaburi stop and then catch the sky train to the airport.

Then i catch the bus to pattaya.

Sounds painful,but i can't stand the taxis and suicidal minibus drivers,and i actually enjoy the train.

When the ferry is up in running again i will use it.

• 7 months later...

I would recommend not to use this bus company. The person making my booking forgot to mark that I was supposed to be picked up at the Hua Hin clocktower so the bus never picked me up. After this they closed the booking agency for the day and have not answered any of my contact requests.

Just noticed that this thread started back in 2010--is this service still operating ?--as things can change overnight--or sooner without warning ---I will use this service if it is still running---assuming I can get of in Cha Am --with my luggage ?

I have used the Pattaya North Bus Station often in recent years--but have never noticed any reference to this route---but there again--I haven't looked whistling.gif

Bucko