Wp3 Before First Non-b Visa Application

Went to the Visa and Consular Section of the Th. Embasy in Finland today, with what I thought would be enough papers to apply for my first Non-Immigrant B 90 day visa.

But they told me the company has to apply for a WP3 on my behalf, from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, and I had to present this with the application. I have not been able to find any info about this in the guide to visa and work permit here on Thaivisa - time to update that page?

Has anybody gone through this procedure of applying for a WP3 and can tell me what is involved in it? The man at the embassy told me I would not have to be present, but the company should be able to apply on my behalf. Is this true, and in that case, what information do they need from me for the application?

Anyone with experience of this who can explain? I should add that the company is newly opened and depends on my skills to start generating revenue. They are awaiting my return to able to fully go into business.

Different Consulate have different rules.

Why not just get a tourist visa and then do the paperwork here? They can get that tourist visa changed by immigration and even if that were a problem you would only have to take a short trip out with proper paperwork to obtain a B visa - you would not have to return to Europe.

Cheers lopburi3! :o

Let us see if I have understood - you are saying that I can convert a 60-day tourist visa into a Non-B at Immigration in Thailand (any office?) without me leaving the country again? What is the procedure, the cost and the potential complications you seem to imply?

Thank you very much in advance for your time!