Is Thai Visa Site In Safe Mode At Present

fishhooks

Apologies if this has been currently discussed, but cannot display the site in anyway close to normal display.

Page layout is all over the place and navigation slow.

Too difficult even to see if this topic is under discussion or some form of maintenance is being carried out, sorry if this is the case.

Called another friend in Melb. Aus., who is seeing it the same as me.

Thanks Richard,

Though I'm seeing the problem with the whole Thai Visa site thus not just with the Forums.

Another odd thing, I'm seeing all the advertising on threads as if I'm not logged in.

I'm with TPG ISP

Edited by fishhooks

Fishhooks you’re not alone.

We’re experiencing the same. View New Posts and Profile View are 2 problem pages. The pages appear with a white background as if the page has partially loaded. Local forums load as normal.

2 users, we’ve tried on 4 computers running Win XP. On all computers we tried logged in or as guest, on Firefox 3.6.8 or IE7 with the results all the same. Pages not loading correctly.

<br />Fishhooks you're not alone.<br /><br />We're experiencing the same. View New Posts and Profile View are 2 problem pages. The pages appear with a white background as if the page has partially loaded. Local forums load as normal. <br /><br />2 users, we've tried on 4 computers running Win XP. On all computers we tried logged in or as guest, on Firefox 3.6.8 or IE7 with the results all the same. Pages not loading correctly.<br />
So to clarify why this is likely to happen:

The webserver hosting the webpage is likely not replicated properly to the failover webserver. For some reason we get connected to the failover webserver and when that server is trying to locate the required resources (stylesheets, images etc.) it draws a blank.

I'm not saying this is the case, but it COULD be like this. In fact, I'm willing to bet a lukewarm bottle of Singha I'm more or less correct. However, I'm equally convinced they are already working on this so I'm going to stay content as a cucumber until it works again.

Edited by Forethat

<br />Yes, not urgent here either, has been like it all day though and very hard to use the site.<br />
Went down to James Squire earlier and witnessed the most bizarre pub guests I've seen in a long time. As a Bangkok resident you thought you'd seen most of the weird stuff. They somehow managed to suck up the lager through the cloth of their bodysuits...

Yes, not urgent here either, has been like it all day though and very hard to use the site.

It was the same for me all day most yesterday. I posted in the mods forum via my Iphone as i just couldn't  get it done on my main PC. All ok now though.

Is there a work-around if this problem persists at any time?

It was not a problem with ThaiVisa. But was a problem with Australian ISP's. As i said the only way i could actually do anything easily was using my Iphone. All browsers were taking too long to load or not even loading.