New Bookstores Mai?

wine-o

Back in Chiang Mai for a few months for the first time since last December and I'm wondering if any new bookstores have opened during my time away? I know DK, Suriwong, Bookazine, CMU, the used ones by ThaPae gate...anybody know of any others?

Thanks in advance,

wine-o

• 2 weeks later...
The BOOKAZINE that was in the night bazaar has relocated to the airport plaza until the renovation of the old building is finished and there is still BOOK ZONE on Thapae Road.

:o

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I discovered the ones in Airport Plaza last week. Was hoping Asia Books might have found their way here by now...

Edited by wine-o

Asia Books will never come to Chiang Mai.

They already have a franchise there called Bookmark or Bookworm or something like that next to the 7-11 close to Starbucks in the night bazzar. It is very small, isn't up to much and has no room to grow.

However the used bookstores near Thapae Gate are much better quality and quantity-wise than Asia Books -or almost anything else in Bangkok - with both new and used books, and are much cheaper as well.

In fact, they beat everything in Thailand besides besides Kinokuniya on Sukumvit Soi 24 -and they beat that on prices - so what are you waiting for? :o

Edited by Judge

Asia Books will never come to Chiang Mai.

They already have a franchise there called Bookmark or Bookworm or something like that next to the 7-11 close to Starbucks in the night bazzar. It is very small, isn't up to much and has no room to grow.

However the used bookstores near Thapae Gate are much better quality and quantity-wise than Asia Books -or almost anything else in Bangkok - with both new and used books, and are much cheaper as well.

In fact, they beat everything in Thailand besides besides Kinokuniya on Sukumvit Soi 24 -and they beat that on prices - so what are you waiting for? :o

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I'm waiting for is my supply of reading material that I've brought from Canada to be exhausted, which, IMO will happen in about ten days time! :D .

I think the Thapae Gate stores are good, my favorite is Backstreet but Gecko and the other ones are fine as well. I am a read-aholic however, but not a huge lover of novels and am very much into current economic/geographical type stuff, unfortunately not what I tend to find in those shops. If Asia Books will never make it here, Kinokuniya is a pipe dream, THAT'S the kind of bookstore I was thinking about. I guess I'll just get the ISBN numbers off Amazon and try and order through Backstreet or purchase through 'Big Brother' online.