Would You Like The Option To Turn Off The Reputation Feature For You?

Jingthing

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People who are concerned about this feature should be more concerned as to why some posters get more that two votes per day

Thanks for "Sir" for your daily two reds, dude. May I have another? Tomorrow, I trust.

if you write two posts that warrant two reds then you will get two reds, if you don't, you won't. Luckily for me normally your fist two posts I read each day deserve them, and lets be honest here I don't even have to search for them, every thread normally contains your preening and narcissism so I don't have to waste too much time, my only regret is I only get two votes, you write 100 posts a day so that leaves me 98 short. Maybe when you add up all your votes you can add another 98 negatives from me, that will give you a truer result.

Oh I see you got another thread closed with your whinging, well done for that. <_<

Thanks for revealing yourself. Preening and narcissism? Is that your code for a gay slur?

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are concerned about this feature should be more concerned as to why some posters get more that two votes per day

Perhaps .... are you refering to the poster that can make 6 greens a day ? I was curious about that as well, maybe a mod can explain ....... But then again perhaps all this rep talk has caused enough havoc for one day ! LOL

My opinion is that if the rep feature was shut off people could and would make any crazy nonsense post or series of them and have a rep that falsely indicated they were just a middle of the road poster of 0 ..... but perhaps that's what they want ? Who knows ?

My second opinion is that this forum with or without the rep feature will go on pretty much the same as last year or next year ........:whistling:

yes I am, six greens in one day, I wonder how

• Like 1

Since I don't want to argue with you I will offer an olive branch to you Jin .... here is what he means ..... I hope this helps you understand that it's not a gay slur

verb (used without object) PREEN 4. to make oneself appear striking or smart in dress or appearance: No amount of careful preening will compensate for poor posture. 5. to be exultant or proud.

Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

The name "narcissism" was coined by Freud after Narcissus who in Greek myth was a pathologically self-absorbed young man who fell in love with his own reflection in a pool. Freud believed that some narcissism is an essential part of all of us from birth.[1] Andrew P. Morrison claims that, in adults, a reasonable amount of healthy narcissism allows the individual's perception of his needs to be balanced in relation to others.[2]

• Like 1

Thanks for "Sir" for your daily two reds, dude. May I have another? Tomorrow, I trust.

if you write two posts that warrant two reds then you will get two reds, if you don't, you won't. Luckily for me normally your fist two posts I read each day deserve them, and lets be honest here I don't even have to search for them, every thread normally contains your preening and narcissism so I don't have to waste too much time, my only regret is I only get two votes, you write 100 posts a day so that leaves me 98 short. Maybe when you add up all your votes you can add another 98 negatives from me, that will give you a truer result.

Oh I see you got another thread closed with your whinging, well done for that. <_<

Thanks for revealing yourself. Preening and narcissism? Is that your code for a gay slur?

How on earth can anyone confuse the words preening and narcissism with homosexuality? you really are clueless and have an obvious inferiority complex. I am guessing by your post that you are homosexual, I had no idea.

I didn't realise those two words are related to homosexuality, any other innocent words that you would like to claim so we can avoid them so we don't upset you?

If you wonder why your posts get marked down, I suggest you read your post accusing me of being anti gay based on two innocuous words in my post, aimed at your posting style rather that your (unknown to me) sexuality. Clearly you are not black or you would have no doubt twisted them in that direction also. What a sad individual you are.

• Like 1

How on earth can anyone confuse the words preening and narcissism with homosexuality?

Sorry, I reckoned you knew about my sexuality, as it is quite often referred to on the board. Please accept my humble apology, and looking forward to your two reds tomorrow, Sir! It feels so good ...

Some info for you. Perhaps you are not well read. So you see I had grounds for taking what you wrote as anti-gay code words, but if you really didn't know, you really didn't know. I will take you word for that, kind sir.

Narcissism is generally perceived to be a gay-male phenomenon, with great negativity.

http://www.doaskdotell.com/content/narcisis.htm

while touting the image of homosexuals as preening and flamboyant. ...

http://www.dvdtown.com/review/i-now-pronounce-you-chuck--larry/dvd/5340

Edited by Jingthing

I voted 'Yes'...I want to be able to turn that crap off.

The reasons why I have recently & greatly reduced posting to this site;

1] The fiasco in BKK (red shirts) seems to have attracted a huge number of people to this site, of which most of whom seem to have vacuum sealed heads.

2] The 'reputation' feature is idiotic. I have never used it & I never will. This is a toy that will attract even more silly little children than the Red Shirt fiasco in BKK.

On the upside, this place is great for 'taking the piss' out of obvious dullards, as there is now an over abundance of them.

I rarely have the urge to visit this site anymore (apart from 'venting' reasons), mainly because of the high number of inane posts & topics. I'm of the opinion that the number of inane posts & topics has greatly increased since the 'Red Shirt' fiasco & are now further fuelled by this idiotic reputation nonsense.

There are some obvious choices for the 'intelligent' people among us;

a] Come here to vent using the many, easy & abundant targets.

b] Greatly reduce posting since there seems to be so few sensible topics these days.

c] Start sensible topics. Of course, the braindead will quickly overrun them.

d] Leave & never return.

If I ever do resume giving technical advice on this forum, it will mean that the forum has changed back to it's former self.

It appears that quantity is now more important than quality.

What's the old saying..."The bigger they are, the harder they fall".

To counter the above saying..."Make hay whilst the sun shines".

The fact that the word 'reputation' has sparked such a reaction from members is all telling. Personally, I put people at a very low rank if they admit to subscribing to this 'reputation' rubbish. As Guesthouse said..."Popularism - I know of no examples were its been a good thing".

I agree with the below quote;

Can we PLEASE have the enhancement that we can TURN OFF the reputation feature PERMANENTLY for ourselves? In other words, reset to ZERO for good and no power to give or get greens or reds? How about it?

The word 'diplomatic' to me translates as "My ego is more important than the truth. Being seen as a 'good person' is the most important thing to me".

A diplomat will always say that he/she does not care what people think of them, as the diplomats only say things that are 'correct', 'pleasing to many' &/or have an ambiguous inference (fence sitting).

Some quotes:

"It is better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies." Arthur Calwell - Politician.

"If you try to keep a leg each side of a barbed-wire fence, you'll do yourself a mischief." - Joh Bjelke-Petersen.

I despise diplomats as much as I despise this moronic reputation system.

Edited by elkangorito

I voted 'Yes'...I want to be able to turn that crap off.

It works...... it works ....don't turn it off......:D .

Birds of a feather flock together.

Not hawks.........territorial........:D

How on earth can anyone confuse the words preening and narcissism with homosexuality?

Sorry, I reckoned you knew about my sexuality, as it is quite often referred to on the board. Please accept my humble apology, and looking forward to your two reds tomorrow, Sir! It feels so good ...

Some info for you. Perhaps you are not well read. So you see I had grounds for taking what you wrote as anti-gay code words, but if you really didn't know, you really didn't know. I will take you word for that, kind sir.

Narcissism is generally perceived to be a gay-male phenomenon, with great negativity.

http://www.doaskdote...nt/narcisis.htm

while touting the image of homosexuals as preening and flamboyant. ...

http://www.dvdtown.c...-larry/dvd/5340

I am very well read thank you very much and I don't like you insinuating otherwise based on my lack of knowledge of what goes on in your head, and how you choose to search the internet trying to find words that you can attach to your sexuality, to then ram them down an innocent posters throat.

Why the fuc_k do you think I would have any interest in what words you find offensive apart from the obvious ones, and since you choose to taint your apology with a sleight on my intelligence I will choose to not accept your apology and continue to use normal everyday words, whether they have been hijacked by homosexuals or not, and if you find them offensive among your community I really do not care providing they are used by more intelligent people in the manner in which they are meant. I am sure both words I used were in use for many years with a normal meaning and I will continue to use them with a normal meaning, and I suggest you grow thicker skin or you will continue to go through life being offended by the most innocent of things.

Maybe you can start yet another thread and tell us which words have been hijacked by homosexuals and are deemed offensive to you, it will surely fuel your narcissism even more, and then if the word is later used in its proper context by the more well read amongst us you can throw a hissy fit and complain to the mods, who will hopefully treat the complaint with the contempt it deserves. ooooops, is 'hissy fit' a gay slur?

Lets just be clear here, I can make a fist, I can have mince for tea, I can eat fruit or are those past times now deemed to be offensive to you even though they are used in an innocent context, hopefully this will help you see the stupidity in your argument and help you see that you are fact a narcissist.

• Like 1

I am very well read thank you very much and I don't like you insinuating otherwise based on my lack of knowledge of what goes on in your head, and how you choose to search the internet trying to find words that you can attach to your sexuality, to then ram them down an innocent posters throat.

Why the fuc_k do you think I would have any interest in what words you find offensive apart from the obvious ones, and since you choose to taint your apology with a sleight on my intelligence I will choose to not accept your apology and continue to use normal everyday words, whether they have been hijacked by homosexuals or not, and if you find them offensive among your community I really do not care providing they are used by more intelligent people in the manner in which they are meant. I am sure both words I used were in use for many years with a normal meaning and I will continue to use them with a normal meaning, and I suggest you grow thicker skin or you will continue to go through life being offended by the most innocent of things.

Maybe you can start yet another thread and tell us which words have been hijacked by homosexuals and are deemed offensive to you, it will surely fuel your narcissism even more, and then if the word is later used in its proper context by the more well read amongst us you can throw a hissy fit and complain to the mods, who will hopefully treat the complaint with the contempt it deserves. ooooops, is 'hissy fit' a gay slur?

Lets just be clear here, I can make a fist, I can have mince for tea, I can eat fruit or are those past times now deemed to be offensive to you even though they are used in an innocent context, hopefully this will help you see the stupidity in your argument and help you see that you are fact a narcissist.

You're got a bug up your arse, dude, as well as a serious case of POTTY MOUTH. Looking forward to your two reds tomorrow, oh yeah! BTW, fist (as in hand), mince (as in food types), and fruit (like bananas) are A-OK. I also love fruit! Yummy.

Edited by Jingthing

You're got a bug up your arse, dude, as well as a serious case of POTTY MOUTH. Looking forward to your two reds tomorrow, oh yeah! BTW, fist, mince, and fruit are A-OK. I also love fruit! Yummy.

As long is its only a bug I have up there and nothing else then I am more than happy.

As long is its only a bug I have up there and nothing else then I am more than happy.

Homophobic, are we? Don't knock it till you've tried it.

New recruits get a free toaster, but then only if you are deemed hot and/or cute by a panel of preening, narcissistic experts.

Edited by Jingthing

Homophobic, are we? Don't knock it till you've tried it.

New recruits get a free toaster, but then only if you are deemed hot and/or cute by a panel of preening, narcissistic experts.

why have you turned this into a thread about your sexuality?

• Like 1

continue to use normal everyday words, whether they have been hijacked by homosexuals or not,

Just for the record i think you have this back to front. Homosexuals don't hijack words any more than any other minority group does. The hijacking is done by the bigots, who turn innocent words into words with an underlying negative connotation.

why have you turned this into a thread about your sexuality?

Oh, it was all me who did that, eh? That's funny. Go have some mince and fruit, dear.

yes it was you, you chose to take my innocuous comments and accuse me homophobia, then post links explaining why those innocuous words are not innocuous in your mind. the fact that you expect a relativly new poster to know your sexuality, or indeed give a dam_n about your sexuality pretty much proves my narcissism comment is correct. The world does not revolve around your and your opinions, and neither does this forum. Also I am not homophobic, I am simply not homosexual, or in your twisted mind are all straight guys homophobic?

Anyway i would love to keep making a fool of you, well to be fair you are doing a good job of that by yourself, but I am having dinner with my girlfriend.

I have an idea ..... do we really need a "feature" I think not ..... why don't we just all respect peoples wishes to opt out , it would be easy enough for those that want to, to get their friends to bring them to 0 and then they could simply stop using the function and if some new poster accidentally gave them a green or red they could tell them what we are doing and they could simply bring the out opter back to 0 themselves. I suppose their is potential abuse of that but it seems like the person who wanted to abuse this plan would just look silly and imature. Rather than being all defeatist about this plan I think someone might as well give it a try. It seems like a possible solution anyhow. Maybe try a new poll to see if people would actually abide by others wishes to opt out .... I would, and I give pretty much everyone credit enough to at least be honest as to do what they say they would do. ...... Best solution I could think of on an empty stomach anyhow

continue to use normal everyday words, whether they have been hijacked by homosexuals or not,

Just for the record i think you have this back to front. Homosexuals don't hijack words any more than any other minority group does. The hijacking is done by the bigots, who turn innocent words into words with an underlying negative connotation.

Well luckily I am not a bigot and used the words in their correct context, but thanks for the input Freud.

And don't edit my posts, it is against forum rules.

Edited by random
  • Like 1

Also I am not homophobic, I am simply not homosexual, or in your twisted mind are all straight guys homophobic?

No I don't think all straight guys are homophobic but I think YOU are. I would bet the house on it (the anal comment is a classic). Looking forward to your daily two reds tomorrow.

Edited by Jingthing

So many threads these days descend into total drivel.

I wonder why that is?

1] The fiasco in BKK (red shirts) seems to have attracted a huge number of people to this site, of which most of whom seem to have vacuum sealed heads.

2] The 'reputation' feature is idiotic. I have never used it & I never will. This is a toy that will attract even more silly little children than the Red Shirt fiasco in BKK.

Anyway i would love to keep making a fool of you, well to be fair you are doing a good job of that by yourself, but I am having dinner with my girlfriend.

Dinner?

4pm in Thailand now.

Guess that either means you are an OAP or you live in Australia?

Sherlock not Freud.

And don't edit my posts, it is against forum rules.

No it's not. Editing for brevity and clarity, as illustated in this very post, is perfectly acceptable.

Edited to add: seeing as you seem to be such a stickler for the rules, you might be interested to know that name calling is against them.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1

If at all possible, could we get back to the reason for this thread, which is about the stupid, inane & 'idiot attracting' reputation function?

EDIT: Oops!!! It's not about the above...it's about whether or not users can have the ability to turn it off or on. My apologies. :)

Edited by elkangorito