Would You Like The Option To Turn Off The Reputation Feature For You?

Jingthing

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homophobic?Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Edited for brevity - you sure??

That is a deliberate DISTORTION of the meaning of a post. That is not editing for brevity, that is editing for blatant twisting of meaning. That is against rules, very much so.

Now I see you totally changed what you wrote before. Don't post it dude, unless you mean it. It's history now.

OK now you rascals, BACK TO THE TOPIC, please ...

Edited by Jingthing

Homophobic?Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Edited for brevity - you sure??

That is a deliberate DISTORTION of the meaning of a post. That is not editing for brevity, that is editing for blatant twisting of meaning. That is against rules, very much so.

Now I see you totally changed what you wrote before. Don't post it dude, unless you mean it. It's history now.

OK now you rascals, BACK TO THE TOPIC, please ...

I posted an example nothing more - I removed it because you appear by your subsequent response to be somewhat agrieved by my example of how 'posting for brevity' can be misused.

Now rather than taking my correction of the post in the manner it was done, you appear to have the words remain as some sort of historical fact that my intelligence allows me to identify an area where the 'posting for brevity' can be misused.

Ok if you wish to highlight my intellectual powers so be it.......thank you......:D

edit - spelling....:lol:

Edited by 473geo

I just need to remind myself of what I said:

I voted 'Yes'...I want to be able to turn that crap off.

The reasons why I have recently & greatly reduced posting to this site;

1] The fiasco in BKK (red shirts) seems to have attracted a huge number of people to this site, of which most of whom seem to have vacuum sealed heads.

2] The 'reputation' feature is idiotic. I have never used it & I never will. This is a toy that will attract even more silly little children than the Red Shirt fiasco in BKK.

On the upside, this place is great for 'taking the piss' out of obvious dullards, as there is now an over abundance of them.

I rarely have the urge to visit this site anymore (apart from 'venting' reasons), mainly because of the high number of inane posts & topics. I'm of the opinion that the number of inane posts & topics has greatly increased since the 'Red Shirt' fiasco & are now further fuelled by this idiotic reputation nonsense.

There are some obvious choices for the 'intelligent' people among us;

a] Come here to vent using the many, easy & abundant targets.

b] Greatly reduce posting since there seems to be so few sensible topics these days.

c] Start sensible topics. Of course, the braindead will quickly overrun them.

d] Leave & never return.

If I ever do resume giving technical advice on this forum, it will mean that the forum has changed back to it's former self.

It appears that quantity is now more important than quality.

What's the old saying..."The bigger they are, the harder they fall".

To counter the above saying..."Make hay whilst the sun shines".

The fact that the word 'reputation' has sparked such a reaction from members is all telling. Personally, I put people at a very low rank if they admit to subscribing to this 'reputation' rubbish. As Guesthouse said..."Popularism - I know of no examples were its been a good thing".

I agree with the below quote;

Can we PLEASE have the enhancement that we can TURN OFF the reputation feature PERMANENTLY for ourselves? In other words, reset to ZERO for good and no power to give or get greens or reds? How about it?

The word 'diplomatic' to me translates as "My ego is more important than the truth. Being seen as a 'good person' is the most important thing to me".

A diplomat will always say that he/she does not care what people think of them, as the diplomats only say things that are 'correct', 'pleasing to many' &/or have an ambiguous inference (fence sitting).

Some quotes:

"It is better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies." Arthur Calwell - Politician.

"If you try to keep a leg each side of a barbed-wire fence, you'll do yourself a mischief." - Joh Bjelke-Petersen.

I despise diplomats as much as I despise this moronic reputation system.

So many threads these days descend into total drivel.

this has been drivel since the start ,all about things jingthing wants changed ,his other thread he wants to remove the girls from beach road pattaya cant believe this has gone to 4 pages .its not rocket science if you dont like something or somewhere dont use it or go there..................

seems some people have run out of things to complain about in thailand so now they are complaining about tv...............

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

this has been drivel since the start ,all about things jingthing wants changed ,his other thread he wants to remove the girls from beach road pattaya cant believe this has gone to 4 pages .its not rocket science if you dont like something or somewhere dont use it or go there..................

seems some people have run out of things to complain about in thailand so now they are complaining about tv...............

Do you use this amazingly stupid reputation system?

Jing you have a right to dislike the reputation scenario

I, as have many I see, reveiwed your 'reputation' .......looks exactly what one would expect for your type of posting. The two posts in one day, usually on the same thread are obvious, but if there is a conflict of opinion as there were on those threads then you gotta expect a bit of flack.

Likewise you Elk .......boundry pusher....then you should expect as reward for controversial comments a few negatives.

Is it perhaps because the red button does not allow a visible response that you dislike it so much?

Do you use this amazingly stupid reputation system?

sometimes, dont really give negatives unless the person is being a complete tosser and positives for amusing comments its not really a big point in my life though...:D

I have three, maybe four red stalkers, possibly someone using a fake alias just to give me and only me two reds per day (someone who NEVER posts even once, but exists as a user ONLY to give me two reds a day, but he did manage to send me a PM calling me PANSY), almost without fail, as long at they aren't on suspension. That is the kind of ABUSE many more people can expect from this stupid system. Not personal? For these players, it is ALL personal. You don't have a choice not to play, if you don't, you are still being played.

The management doesn't want us to act up and act like children, when they offer this totally CHILDISH red/greeen thing and don't expect hot fights about it. That is not reasonable!

I think we deserve a choice to OPT OUT entirely, or not. Only a technical solution offered by the admins here would offer that. There is no other way.

Edited by Jingthing

Likewise you Elk .......boundry pusher....then you should expect as reward for controversial comments a few negatives.

Is it perhaps because the red button does not allow a visible response that you dislike it so much?

I have always fully acknowledged the fact that my opinions may not agree with the opinions of others. It's no skin off my nose if someone has a go at me. As a matter of fact, I enjoy a challenge. The problem is that the 'quality' of the Thaivisa user has slumped to an all time low, such that it no longer takes more than a few braincells to outwit the other...there is no longer a 'challenge' here.

If I dislike or disagree with something that somebody has said, I will take the time & energy (if I choose) to reply to that somebody. To simply push a button, if I disagree, is lazy. Not only this, the whole system therefore promotes such lazy 'non thinkers', something which Thaivisa could do without....unless 'clicks' are more important.

Why would anyone complain that George is trying to make money?

afterall Thaivisa is a business and thats what business is all about. so he has the right to push so he can get more sponsors and money.

before I give the bill to my customers I always try to sell them another beer, coffee dessert or whatever, and this is how I survive. I push the business to make money.

Onnut,

I'll tell you, I'm almost George's biggest fan. I applaud his efforts to construct this comprehensive, helpful, informative, funny and varied website. BECAUSE I like him and appreciate what he has done, I am offering my best advice, though you may disagreee with it. IMO, he's cheapening his franchise with all this grabass bullshit. and it makes him look like he's just wishing there might be a civil war soon to get post counts back to what they once were. He's just grabbing at strays, even if it cannibalizes his once indomitable franchise. He now looks vulnerable to a classier act, don't you think? Get it?

You know, you might have a daughter and hope she grows up and can take care of herself, but you wouldn't want her to become a whore to pull that off, would you?

• Like 1

As the 'Option To Turn Off The Reputation Feature' by individual member isn't available anyway, much of this thread appears pretty acedemic.

I have only dished out 1 red in response to a totally provacative troll like comment. If I had responded with a post, it would only have served the troll's purpose. On the flip side, I have given many many greenies to those with incisive wit, and/or a comment intellegently & well made. Responding with a simple "LOL" or "well said" wouldn't have contributed much either. So a greenie did the trick

I just wonder if this topic will even be brought to the floor in the next Board Meeting of the grand Wizard of Thai Visa and if it is will it be a huge joke or some major emergency of a well intentioned plan gone awry. My guess is it will take more than one bottle of Whiskey to get to the bottom of this huge important issue brought up by the forums most experienced and beloved poster, after all wouldn't you listen to someone with 20,000 posts and the Forums most popular and interesting poster ? I think Jingthing should be allowed to go to the next board meeting and offer his opinion and vast amount of posting knowledge and expertise for the benefit of both the members and the owners.

I just wonder if this topic will even be brought to the floor in the next Board Meeting of the grand Wizard of Thai Visa and if it is will it be a huge joke or some major emergency of a well intentioned plan gone awry. My guess is it will take more than one bottle of Whiskey to get to the bottom of this huge important issue brought up by the forums most experienced and beloved poster, after all wouldn't you listen to someone with 20,000 posts and the Forums most popular and interesting poster ? I think Jingthing should be allowed to go to the next board meeting and offer his opinion and vast amount of posting knowledge and expertise for the benefit of both the members and the owners.

jingthing cant go to any meetings he will lose valuable posting time on tv.......................................:D

As the 'Option To Turn Off The Reputation Feature' by individual member isn't available anyway, much of this thread appears pretty acedemic.

I have only dished out 1 red in response to a totally provacative troll like comment. If I had responded with a post, it would only have served the troll's purpose. On the flip side, I have given many many greenies to those with incisive wit, and/or a comment intellegently & well made. Responding with a simple "LOL" or "well said" wouldn't have contributed much either. So a greenie did the trick

Yes, it is academic for now. Unless the board here can REQUEST the feature for the next version of the forum software. Never say never. Given the current reality though, can more people please help me become the very first 1000 red member? Much obliged.

Edited by Jingthing

Why would anyone complain that George is trying to make money?

afterall Thaivisa is a business and thats what business is all about. so he has the right to push so he can get more sponsors and money.

before I give the bill to my customers I always try to sell them another beer, coffee dessert or whatever, and this is how I survive. I push the business to make money.

Onnut,

I'll tell you, I'm almost George's biggest fan. I applaud his efforts to construct this comprehensive, helpful, informative, funny and varied website. BECAUSE I like him and appreciate what he has done, I am offering my best advice, though you may disagreee with it. IMO, he's cheapening his franchise with all this grabass bullshit. and it makes him look like he's just wishing there might be a civil war soon to get post counts back to what they once were. He's just grabbing at strays, even if it cannibalizes his once indomitable franchise. He now looks vulnerable to a classier act, don't you think? Get it?

You know, you might have a daughter and hope she grows up and can take care of herself, but you wouldn't want her to become a whore to pull that off, would you?

Thaivisa a whore? An interesting contemplation.

What do you think? Reputation or user controlled reputation?

and it makes him look like he's just wishing there might be a civil war soon to get post counts back to what they once were.

Well, the Red Shirt fiasco did suddenly boost member numbers. It's such a shame that many of these 'new' members are without brains.

Yes, they (post counts) OBVIOUSLY are down but to get them back up to where they were will require a couple of things:

1] Getting rid this reputation system OR allowing the user to switch it on or off.

2] Eliminating moronic & inane threads.

3] Less bending of the rules to serve 'post counts' as opposed to 'quality posts'.

I say 'quality & NOT quantity'...if things are to return to normal.

The problem is that the 'quality' of the Thaivisa user has slumped to an all time low

Bring back the (original) Gentleman and Basher and that whole crew. Thai Visa was a real intellectual powerhouse back then.

19367-Clipart-Illustration-Of-An-Intelligent-Monkey-Gazing-At-A-Human-Skull-In-His-Hand-While-Sitting-On-A-Pile-Of-Books-A-Parody-Of-Hugo-Rheinholds-Philosophizing-Ape-Sculpture-That-Was-Created-In-1892.jpg

So many whimpering simps now. It was nicer when people had more than a 500 word vocabulary.

• Like 1

Even if you are the first poster to 1000 reds, the only way anyone would know is if they visited your profile isn't it?

If I do make it to 1000 reds, I am sure I can find a discreet way to announce it to the board, don't you worry about that. The rest of your post is a flame, but thanks anyway.

Yes, it is academic for now. Unless the board here can REQUEST the feature for the next version of the forum software. Never say never. Given the current reality though, can more people please help me become the very first 1000 red member? Much obliged.

You can count on my continuing support ........ :whistling:

No. I'm doing good. I'm plus 10, and my reputation is good.

I really am kind of indifferent to it, but it is interesting to see who has given me a green or a red so I can learn more about the critic. It's just something else to liven things up. However, I'd rather see a verbal critique than just a red or green response. It's kind of cowardly.

JT, perhaps a more valid question for the Admins would be: Why are we limited to only two reds per day? It is ironic that you have now started THREE threads on this subject, My question to the Admins would be why are some members allowed to start three threads on the same subject ? Clearly another option for you JT would have been to PM George with your request!

No, not for you the quiet and diplomatic course, you would rather start a bunch of threads and accuse other posters of Homophobia, I am rather surprised that you haven't been able to work some reference to Anti- semetism into the thread as well!

For my part, I voted NO, as I use the feature sparingly! I rarely press the red button as I would rather articulate my answer to posters I disagree with.

I much preferred the old system of stars but that was just as open to stalkers as this system. Even if you are the first poster to 1000 reds, the only way anyone would know is if they visited your profile isn't it?

for me the only thing to come from these threads is that op has shown how childish he is ,do you think he would be complaining about the sysytem if he was getting all greens...no

so he complains to mods.... ah i have some one stalking me giving me reds for no reason.........mods ............dont care and are not gonna change system for 1 person.

so then he starts another thread ....i wanna get 1000 reds ......... how childish can you get?

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 2

No. I'm doing good. I'm plus 10, and my reputation is good.

I really am kind of indifferent to it, but it is interesting to see who has given me a green or a red so I can learn more about the critic. It's just something else to liven things up. However, I'd rather see a verbal critique than just a red or green response. It's kind of cowardly.

Yes but it has got to be an improvement on the posts that just stated

+1

JT, perhaps a more valid question for the Admins would be: Why are we limited to only two reds per day? It is ironic that you have now started THREE threads on this subject, My question to the Admins would be why are some members allowed to start three threads on the same subject ? Clearly another option for you JT would have been to PM George with your request!

No, not for you the quiet and diplomatic course, you would rather start a bunch of threads and accuse other posters of Homophobia, I am rather surprised that you haven't been able to work some reference to Anti- semetism into the thread as well!

For my part, I voted NO, as I use the feature sparingly! I rarely press the red button as I would rather articulate my answer to posters I disagree with.

I much preferred the old system of stars but that was just as open to stalkers as this system. Even if you are the first poster to 1000 reds, the only way anyone would know is if they visited your profile isn't it?

for me the only thing to come from these threads is that op has shown how childish he is ,do you think he would be complaining about the sysytem if he was getting all greens...no

so he complains to mods.... ah i have some one stalking me giving me reds for no reason.........mods ............dont care and are not gonna change system for 1 person.

so then he starts another thread ....i wanna get 1000 reds ......... how childish can you get?

Would finding out your greens actually went up and then saying you played everyone and really wanted greens all along be more childish or less ? But trust me it will get a lot more childish if that's what you wanna call it .... me, I just call it silly nonsense and actually mildly amusing, while psychotic at the same time, it's like watching a train wreck you feel sorry for the passenger\s but you want to see the spectacular wreck at the same time. Maybe a Nascar analogy would be better but same same.

The thread title is;

Would You Like The Option To Turn Off The Reputation Feature For You? If you could, you couldn't GET or GIVE any greens or reds.

One of my comments;

b] Greatly reduce posting since there seems to be so few sensible topics these days.

d] Leave & never return.

It appears that the braindead, 'reputation' seeking mob are beginning to overrun this topic...as forecast.

Lest we forget.

Edited by elkangorito

The thread title is;

Would You Like The Option To Turn Off The Reputation Feature For You? If you could, you couldn't GET or GIVE any greens or reds.

One of my comments;

d] Leave & never return.

It appears that the braindead, 'reputation' seeking mob are beginning to overrun this topic...as forecast.

Lest we forget.

Ever considered they started the topic ;)