Insurance

tayto

I have recently been looking about insurance in Thailand and have been offered every kind under the sun except what I am looking for.

I am looking for hospital insurance only,an inexpensive one,preferably where you just present a card and all expenses are paid for.

Thanks

I have recently been looking about insurance in Thailand and have been offered every kind under the sun except what I am looking for.

I am looking for hospital insurance only,an inexpensive one,preferably where you just present a card and all expenses are paid for.

Thanks

It depends on what you mean by inexpensive. Compared to the western world most are inexpensive. I have been using BUPA for the last few years but fortunately have not had to use it. Also some of the Thai Ajarns where I work have it for the family. Depending on which package it will hover around 12-14,000 Baht/year for inpatient/outpatient care.

http://www.bupathailand.com/

Thanks

You are looking for inexpensive but must pay all? Be realistic, that's not how this planet operates. I have an insurance brokerage since 17 years and can inform you that there are various plans available, one which pays all (5 ~ 20 mln per occurrence) and the (much) more restricted "family plan" which in reality pays part of your costs. You age is important, the younger the cheaper. If you need detail please ask.

[email protected]

DRE :o

Thanks

You are looking for inexpensive but must pay all? Be realistic, that's not how this planet operates. I have an insurance brokerage since 17 years and can inform you that there are various plans available, one which pays all (5 ~ 20 mln per occurrence) and the (much) more restricted "family plan" which in reality pays part of your costs. You age is important, the younger the cheaper. If you need detail please ask.

[email protected]

I opted for BUPA hosptilaztion only, thankfully I haven't had to use it as of yet. But I have a friend who has had several major surgeries using it they paid. He had to figth with them a bit since he demands private siutes as it is within policy limits, they paid.

They paid, that is what it's for so I don't how else to evaluate it

I opted for BUPA hosptilaztion only, thankfully I haven't had to use it as of yet. But I have a friend who has had several major surgeries using it they paid. He had to figth with them a bit since he demands private siutes as it is within policy limits, they paid.

They paid, that is what it's for so I don't how else to evaluate it

BUPA has various plans, from the cheap one which they advertise with till the Platinum one. Be carefull they are tricky and can kick you out for trivial reasons.