Help If I Come To Thailand

clarebangkok

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get back to the 2000 baht/month room. Find the largest closet in your current house or apartment. Put a heater in it. Leave the heater on full blast for a few hours. Then put a TV in it. Turn the TV on to a foreign language station. Sit in the closet for a day or so. That will be pretty much what a 2000 baht/month room will be like.:blink:

The cheapest livable room in Bangkok that I have seen cost about 3,500 per month. Usually a room like that will have Aircon and a refrigerator included.

I'm actually not going to recommend that the OP not come, just make sure that you have enough money to survive for a few months while you get your feet on the ground. Moving to Thailand is not like moving to a European country. The culture is very different. The language is very difficult to learn. Very few people speak English well and it is difficult to become real friends with most Thai people.:o

On the plus side, young Farang women are fairly rare here. If you are good with kids, you could probably get a job with an Anuban (Kindergarten) as a teaching assistant. You may have trouble getting a work permit though.

My advice would be to get as much money together as you can and just go for it. Don't come here with too many plans or expectations, just keep an open mind and be flexible. You may regret doing this, but just remember: more people regret chances they they didn't take more than they regret chances that they did take. If you want your life to be interesting, you have to take some risks.

Edited by otherstuff1957
  • Like 1