Land Prices In Phayao

thanchart

Hi,

My finace and I are looking a nice piece of farmland in Phayao. I have seen it for myself and it is near the highway and water supply source. It is now a Lumyai (Longan) fruit farm. We intend to purchase it for farming of another higher yield fruit (that js growing fast in popularity in Thailand and other countries. They can even be grown between the current lamyai trees.

It is about 200+ dtaa-raang-waa (ตารางวา) in size. How much would that cost typically in Phayao?

Hi,

My finace and I are looking a nice piece of farmland in Phayao. I have seen it for myself and it is near the highway and water supply source. It is now a Lumyai (Longan) fruit farm. We intend to purchase it for farming of another higher yield fruit (that js growing fast in popularity in Thailand and other countries. They can even be grown between the current lamyai trees.

It is about 200+ dtaa-raang-waa (ตารางวา) in size. How much would that cost typically in Phayao?

From what I know, ( I am not an expert) farmland in this region is generally between 40,000 and 200,000 Baht per Rai. Price is dependant on many factors, the main one being "Land is only worth what someone is willing to pay"

Factors are access and water and of course yield. Is the water supply consistant and free? (ie piped water (Nam papa) at 5 Baht per 1000 litres is not an option with farmland)

Do some realistic calculations concerning the yield from this land (including paying someone to take care of it" and that should give you a guide to how much to pay.

Land actually in Pha Yao city, close to the big lake is getting quite expensive now.

Paying over about 50-60,000 bhat for "farmland" would be crazy, If you want a building plot, or somewhere to start a buissines then yes pay more to have good access near town ect but not for just farm land, I'd say somewhere between 10-100,000 a rai depending on lacation.

You do know that 200+ dtaa-raang-waa is only half a rai, or 800 square metere, Not really big enough for farming IMHO.

RC

Edited by RamdomChances

You're right. RandomChances,

Prices in and around Pha Yao are crazy compared to much of Thailand.

This has always been a relatively well- off area due to the readily available supply of water.

The gf and I considered buying property in Pha Yao a while back as is only 100Kms from us, but were scared off by the prices.

You're right. RandomChances,

Prices in and around Pha Yao are crazy compared to much of Thailand.

This has always been a relatively well- off area due to the readily available supply of water.

The gf and I considered buying property in Pha Yao a while back as is only 100Kms from us, but were scared off by the prices.

It's not cheap around here, there is 7 rai going across the road they want 700,000 for it. Frontage land (on a main roadwell out of town) goes for 1-120,000/rai. My point is unless you are going to build a house or a buisiness there is no real need to pay this much just for "farmland" I could probably buy the land behind ours for around 30-40,000/rai about 200meters off the main road

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Back in 1998 I purchased 1 rai for 60,000 baht. Today the same piece of land will sell for the same price. You have to get away from Phayao proper - about 6-7 KM to find reasonably priced land. For farming - lumyai - I would suggest no more than 40,000 - 60,000 per rai. Wells can be driven very inexpensively and provide all the water you need.

Sounds like you are going to try to make money by growing some secret new fruit and you don't want us to know what it is...I'm going to guess that its kumquats.

If you are going to try to make money then you should do a business analyisis to determine how much you can pay for land and still have adequate profits..I bought some farmland and paid 85,000 baht per rai..from a business standpoint it is not viable...but I am not trying to make money from the land...I just enjoy working it and its right next to my house so its convenient for me.