Public Bus Accidents Caused By Careless Drivers On The Rise In Thailand

webfact

A Green bus once suddenly slammed on its breaks in the second lane to let some passengers out. I was on my motorcycle behind them, I had a choice between the two pedestrians or the back of the bus.

For some stupid reason I selected to hit the back of the bus. I hit the bus, fell to the ground, and the bus driver came out, looked at the back of his bus, decided the damage was not too bad, and drove off, leaving me on the ground in a cloud of black smoke.

Every man for himself!

When it comes to driving here I STEER well clear of all buses, give them the widest possible margin and only over take them when it is safe to do so. When I have been on buses before there have been a couple of occasions when I have had to press to the bell to get off at the next stop for fear of my life. Though to some extent I blame the passengers they never complain! If they did the drivers would soon have to buck up their ideas!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002-11-01_Maron-Thailand.jpg

So what? Tell me something I do not already know, and do not see each and every day I drive into traffic, and play a game of death and damage with these morons.

Any amount of reporting on traffic related behavior, regarding these adolescent-minded people, will be absolute redundancy, and worthless to boot.

Driving is one of those rare human behaviors that demonstrate the brain activity (or lack thereof) in the individual craniums of those who operate any vehicle on these roads and sidewalks.

Collectively, I see absolute chaos, utter stupidity and inhuman greed. That pretty much says it all. The chief violaters are the dam_n motorbike drivers (ages 6 through "ready for the display case").

070624_bangkok_hmed_3p.h2.jpg

Drive safe!

I fully agree with every sentence of your statement except for the last paragraph regarding the motorbike drivers. I find them for the majority very skillful, careful, good drivers, responsible (when they are taxi-driving), and an absolute solution to the potential traffic jams... Just imagine that 50% of these bikes are driving froom tomorrow on a pick-up.... In fact, I admire these motorbike drivers and fully respect them. I always make way for them because they are mostly polite, friendly and after all suffering so much more from the exhausts and the heath than we in our A/C cars... B)<_<

Good. I hope those who oversee the bus drivers do their job instead of playing lip service to the public.

The other day, some western guy tried to get on a Blue and White bus number 115 in my neighborhood. The driver stopped and one lady go on and he attempted to get on, grabbed the rail to pull himself in. At that moment, the driver took off, knocking the man down. The man almost had his legs ran over by the bus.

Another inncodent out near The Mall Namiwang. Red bus 164 slammed on his breaks to make a sudden stop. A young couple being stupid as well sped under the back end of the bus. The real end tore off the cars hood, took the male drivers head completely off. Kids found the head in the bushes and proceeded to play football with it.

These bus drivers are simply careless and they don't care. Though, with the low pay they get, well screw the public if they get killed by a reckless driver.

I was on a newer bus from Central World to Silom a few weeks ago and since I was standing near driver I was able to observe the driver drive 90 km per hr on Rachadamri Rd. with a full load of passengers. This must be double the speed limit for that area.

My Ass;

I was in Pattaya just 2 days ago standing in the middle of the road in front of a bus that cut me off giving the driver the finger!!!

If I had not slammed on my brakes half way down his bus he would have just run me over. And of course he knew I was there.

Most Thai Bus Drivers are total a*s hol*s.

To he** with them and their reckless ways.

Far from being an intelligent discussion about the issues surrounding the safety of public transport, this thread has descended into a load of old men's tittle-tattle about accidents they have seen.

(No-one has admitted to causing one though?)

Far from being an intelligent discussion about the issues surrounding the safety of public transport, this thread has descended into a load of old men's tittle-tattle about accidents they have seen.

(No-one has admitted to causing one though?)

Oh ok, ok... I am an old man of 59 years (about half way) and I want to own up and confess to an accident I caused... it was when I was driving my GP4 Ford Lotus RS rally car in the UK and at the time I was on the Centurion Rally in the North East, I was winning the ANECC stage rally championship at the time, I overcooked it in the Forrest at 140MPH into a sweeping corner and demolished a dry stone wall. I admit it it was my fault!!!!

I went on to win the championship that same year (1984)

Never had an accident on a public highway though.

How about you are you an old man as well? what have you achieved in your driving history?

Yes - I still have clear mind - unconfused by old age - and don't have to crow about mediocre achievements I made a quarter of a century ago.

They say that as you get older, your cognitive powers reduce and you regress into the past..........QED

Yes - I still have clear mind - unconfused by old age - and don't have to crow about mediocre achievements I made a quarter of a century ago.

They say that as you get older, your cognitive powers reduce and you regress into the past..........QED

Actually it was no mediocre achievement.

All I am trying to say is just when people get old this does not mean they have been reduced to being old farts who have not achieved anything in there lives and have now "descended into a load of old men's tittle-tattle about accidents they have seen"

I am saying that there is a lot to be said about wise old men still having a lot to contribute because of a life of experience and acheivement.

All I am trying to say is just when people get old this does not mean they have been reduced to being old farts who have not achieved anything in there lives and have now "descended into a load of old men's tittle-tattle about accidents they have seen"

I am saying that there is a lot to be said about wise old men still having a lot to contribute because of a life of experience and acheivement.

Pity none of that is applicable to you.

A Green bus once suddenly slammed on its breaks in the second lane to let some passengers out. I was on my motorcycle behind them, I had a choice between the two pedestrians or the back of the bus.

For some stupid reason I selected to hit the back of the bus. I hit the bus, fell to the ground, and the bus driver came out, looked at the back of his bus, decided the damage was not too bad, and drove off, leaving me on the ground in a cloud of black smoke.

Every man for himself!

To be honest if you can't pull up safely behind someone who stops in front of you then you are following too close. Consider yourself lucky he didn't ask for money for damage to his bus.

Pity none of that is applicable to you.

Please clarify... what is not applicable to me?

Every man for himself!

To be honest if you can't pull up safely behind someone who stops in front of you then you are following too close. Consider yourself lucky he didn't ask for money for damage to his bus.

To True, you need to be more alert driving or riding in this crowded enviroment, i cannot believe how close to vehicle people get giving no chance to stop in time.

Is that a joke ??????????????? Bus drivers are totally nuts ,they often race with other buses ,they dont give a dam_n about public safety or car drivers. They very often let the people go down or up in the middle of the road.

If you really want to have professional bus drivers, SEND THEM TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE AND HOW TO BEHAVE AND RESPECT OTHERS..

Everyday on my way to the office I can see those crazy bus drivers behaved like maniacs. Very often I had to put my car on the side to avoid collision with buses. Those guys are DAGNEROUS and I still dont know why the government is doing nothing specially after those accidents reports. :angry:

Its the yaba they consume, lack of brains but mainly because they are Thai