Jump to content

Pigs 101 (A Start)


IsaanAussie

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, sateuk said:

Where are you based thoongfoned? We was happyish with what we got anyway it saves keeping them for an extra few weeks trying to get a few more baht all the while costing us to keep feeding them which isn't cheap

udon thani. i agree, if we were a "one man band" type of farm any sow/gilt that was not working ie.in pig/producing milk would have to go ASAP. all those extra feed days add up over the life time of the farm/animal... and make a big hole in your pocket.555  example;

last month we "only" lost  approx 180 days due returns/empty gilt days/NIP ect that is = to 486kg of feed in 30 days. (thats a good month) thats on a 220 head sow farm.... psy for the month is 27.6 which is the best we have had for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thoongfoned said:

udon thani. i agree, if we were a "one man band" type of farm any sow/gilt that was not working ie.in pig/producing milk would have to go ASAP. all those extra feed days add up over the life time of the farm/animal... and make a big hole in your pocket.555  example;

last month we "only" lost  approx 180 days due returns/empty gilt days/NIP ect that is = to 486kg of feed in 30 days. (thats a good month) thats on a 220 head sow farm.... psy for the month is 27.6 which is the best we have had for a long time.

That's a lot of money in feed .wow 27+ very impressive you obviously doing a great job

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah if you count every empty day in the farm on 100's of pigs the feed bill soon add up. we tend to loose 300/500 days every month...... worst i have seen was around 1000 empty days  in 30 days.... loads of returns/gilt days and high volume culling that month. most of the time we can wait 2 weeks to cull (twice amonth usually, this month 3 times...), we work on a que system, we always have cull animals waiting.... eating into our psy... hence new gilts every month 1 or 2 times.

27 ish (thats around 11+ weaned x 2.4 ish times a year) is about as good as its gets for us over the  course of the year(average), this year to date we are around 26.3. but its a long way to go to the end of the year, that 26 could easy go down to 24/25......  checking work and loads of luck helps. im off to the temple now..5555

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me the price please now was getting 60 a kg last month but got more to sell now and asked the price gone down to 56 a kg not sure if this correct. It's gone down to 110 baht a kg for meat so could be correct thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jompa67 said:

We sell at 55 to 57 bath/kg. Last sell two hours ago, 12 pigs at 57 bath to local buyer. If we sell to korat, we get 55 bath/kg (80 km Away)

Thanks now I no 56 baht ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jompa67 said:

We sell at 55 to 57 bath/kg. Last sell two hours ago, 12 pigs at 57 bath to local buyer. If we sell to korat, we get 55 bath/kg (80 km Away)

Thanks now I no 56 baht ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 1:59 PM, sateuk said:

Do korat collect?  As I got 22 to sell all 100 kg+

 

Yes, that's why they pay less. Transportation cost and weight loss during transportation.

 

Talk with your local feed dealer. They use to buy back finisher if you buy there food.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2018 at 6:37 PM, jompa67 said:

We sell at 55 to 57 bath/kg. Last sell two hours ago, 12 pigs at 57 bath to local buyer. If we sell to korat, we get 55 bath/kg (80 km Away)

Do they collect or you take to them in korat as I got 22 to sell at 100+ kg already thank

Link to post
Share on other sites

we buy betagro they don't buy back here in buriram. I will have to go korat and find out as here in buriram selling local takes to long or try sell ourselves at markets but don't really want go that route thanks for getting back to me jompao 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sateuk said:

we buy betagro they don't buy back here in buriram. I will have to go korat and find out as here in buriram selling local takes to long or try sell ourselves at markets but don't really want go that route thanks for getting back to me jompao 

 

I think you should find another feed dealer that can give buy back service. Betagro just want you to buy there stuff and then they pissing in your face. I will never do any kind of business with them again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jompa67 said:

 

I think you should find another feed dealer that can give buy back service. Betagro just want you to buy there stuff and then they pissing in your face. I will never do any kind of business with them again.

Thanks I'll look into it might try perfeq they buy back here will have to check the prices 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sateuk said:

Thanks I'll look into it might try perfeq they buy back here will have to check the prices 

Be careful. We went with them for two years and a lot of promise but very little was true. There sell people was making side business all the time and want to help us but to very heavy discount. You will never get the price they promise you, if they ever help you at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jompa67 said:

Be careful. We went with them for two years and a lot of promise but very little was true. There sell people was making side business all the time and want to help us but to very heavy discount. You will never get the price they promise you, if they ever help you at all.

I was wrong jompao its not perfeq it's sm pig food they say takes 7 bags to get a 100 kg pig and they will buy of us whether we get what price they promise is a different story but I will try with the 20 baby pigs I got now and see what happens. If they don't give us decent prices I'll sell local but that just takes ages here as only sell 5 or 6 a week to local butcher

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...