Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Still In UK Jail: British Embassy

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charges? If I recall I read it was a previous case of armed robbery or something to that affect. I believe he legged it out of the UK before court case was heard.

I think that he jumped bail for the above offence. I also read somewhere, i think on this forum that he was to be released on the 24th of this month. I just wonder how and why they are keeping him in jail if the extradition has not been applied for. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers, Rick

I would also be interested to know what charges the UK authorities are holding him on, if not for extradition?

He had a weapons charge for a sawn off shotgun that he did time for.. On release he was on parole and he somehow violated parole (skipped the UK) when he went to spain.

So he had an outstanding warrant for a parole violation.. How long they can keep you and if they can restrict his right to travel is all unknown.

Charges? If I recall I read it was a previous case of armed robbery or something to that affect. I believe he legged it out of the UK before court case was heard.

Armed robbery is an extremely serious charge which normally carries long prison terms. Do they let armed robbers out on bail in the UK?

Edited by tropo

I would also be interested to know what charges the UK authorities are holding him on, if not for extradition?

He had a weapons charge for a sawn off shotgun that he did time for.. On release he was on parole and he somehow violated parole (skipped the UK) when he went to spain.

So he had an outstanding warrant for a parole violation.. How long they can keep you and if they can restrict his right to travel is all unknown.

Thanks for the explanation LivinLOS. It seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Thai extradition front.

Cheers, rick

Armed robbery is an extremely serious charge which normally carries long prison sentences. Do they let armed robbers out on bail in the UK?

It's a very serious crime in the UK, given that we are not a gun society. From memory you can get 6 years for owning an illegal gun, never mind using it. I doubt that they would give bail on such a serious offence.

Cheers, Rick.

They let anyone out on bail in the uk ( unless a serious charge of murder ect ) just depends on how much you pay the lawyer .. Same same but different to thailand , he who has money escapes the law

Boater I think that you have been in Thailand too long. The above statement is just not true.

Rick

They let anyone out on bail in the uk ( unless a serious charge of murder ect ) just depends on how much you pay the lawyer .. Same same but different to thailand , he who has money escapes the law

I would think (hope) that armed robbery would come under your "murder etc" category as an extremely serious charge.

Well I think in this case - he was let go. Lot of muppet magistrates in the UK, quite possible it happened.

One things for sure, if he gets out of Jail in the UK you'll have an extremely dangerous, very fit young man on the streets. It would be a pretty safe bet he'll strike again - perhaps in another country next time. He'll be feeling totally invincible by that stage.

Edited by tropo

I would think (hope) that armed robbery would come under your "murder etc" category as an extremely serious charge.

Just for carrying a knife with a blade longer than 3 inches in the UK. You are looking at a 5000 GBP fine and a minimum of 6 months jail term. Armed robbery is a very serious offence. The authorities were trying to push through a minimum sentence of 5 years for carrying an illegal knife. Google it. I guess that this was in connection with the numerous fatal stabbings in London over the past few years.

Cheers, Rick

One things for sure, if he gets out of Jail in the UK you'll have an extremely dangerous, very fit young man on the streets. It would be a pretty safe bet he'll strike again - perhaps in another country next time. He'll be feeling totally invincible by that stage.

Tropo I think the point is that he is still in jail according to QQ the British ambassador. The question is what are they holding him on, if there has been no extradition request from Thailand? Maybe they have made a request for extradition and supplied the evidence?

Cheers, Rick

Tropo I think the point is that he is still in jail according to QQ the British ambassador. The question is what are they holding him on, if there has been no extradition request from Thailand? Maybe they have made a request for extradition and supplied the evidence?

Cheers, Rick

I go along with the opinion that they will not be succesful with an extradition. I don't believe the Thai police in Phuket are going to be motivated to pursue this for long. I will not be surprised if he walks free.

I go along with the opinion that they will not be succesful with an extradition. I don't believe the Thai police in Phuket are going to be motivated to pursue this for long. I will not be surprised if he walks free.

Unfortunately I think that this might be the case,

Cheers, Rick

Armed robbery is an extremely serious charge which normally carries long prison terms. Do they let armed robbers out on bail in the UK?

Who said armed robbery.. Simple possession of a firearm is a serious offence, one that carries some custodial sentence. He didnt rob with it, just got busted with it.

Cheers, Rick

he hasnt be found guilty of anything,

Edited by LivinginKata
Flaming removed

he hasnt be found guilty of anything,

We're all well aware of that darling. My opinion is that he never will be - that's quite clear from my reply - read it again.

Who said armed robbery.. Simple possession of a firearm is a serious offence, one that carries some custodial sentence. He didnt rob with it, just got busted with it.

You've quoted the post where it was mentioned, so it's quite clear who said it.

That's just what I meant, it all seems to have gone very well for him. Maybe he had a plan B arranged if anything went wrong in Phuket, which indeed it did.

It can't be easy to get out of any country under these circumstances, even on a second passport. You would have thought that the passports would have been linked through the immigration system.

Cheers, Rick

My understanding is he left through a non-computerised border.

I think you are giving him too much credit for having an escape plan before the alleged incident.

Why is he being given too much credit? He's probably the type who hangs out with criminal elements who discuss and plan escape methods in the event of any serious problems with Thai authorities. No one wants to rot in a Thai prison or be executed.

Posters' fantasies demonising him as some sort of criminal mastermind are becoming ever more bizarre.

Posters' fantasies demonising him as some sort of criminal mastermind are becoming ever more bizarre.

I suspect you're the one fantasying.

What is bizarre about having an escape route pre-planned?

Why does having an escape route planned make him a criminal mastermind?

Edited by tropo

As for Thai efforts to have him extradited, he said, “It depends on the charge, the evidence presented and the documents being filed… There is an extradition treaty in force, but they [the Thai authorities] have to provide the evidence.”

Pfft! What does Ambassador Quayle think the charge is? Possibly premeditated murder? Great answer Mr. Quayle...

so Ai they caught him - good

Wonder how the extradition is going ? :whistling:

well this wont help the case to bring him back to Thailand

UK Government launches strategy for Global Abolition of the Death Penalty

11 October 2010

Foreign Office Minister Jeremy Browne, Mexican Ambassador Eduardo Medina-Mora and senior speakers from NGO Reprieve and the Commonwealth Secretariat spoke at the event marking World Day Against the Death Penalty.

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/news/?view=News&id=23012868 but all has gone very quite, nearly forgotten

Wonder how the extradition is going ? :whistling:

well this wont help the case to bring him back to Thailand

UK Government launches strategy for Global Abolition of the Death Penalty

11 October 2010

Foreign Office Minister Jeremy Browne, Mexican Ambassador Eduardo Medina-Mora and senior speakers from NGO Reprieve and the Commonwealth Secretariat spoke at the event marking World Day Against the Death Penalty.

http://ukinthailand....ews&id=23012868 but all has gone very quite, nearly forgotten

Liberal tax scrounging w4nk4s, they ought to keep out of other nations business and stop supporting murderers such as Lee Aldhouse who judging by his past crimes will very possibly do it again once he's inevitably released.

^extradition - I don't think so. More wishful thinking.... :(

Are the Thai police really interested in getting him back? I suspect not. They just want to make it look good until the media attention dies down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's just what I meant, it all seems to have gone very well for him. Maybe he had a plan B arranged if anything went wrong in Phuket, which indeed it did.

It can't be easy to get out of any country under these circumstances, even on a second passport. You would have thought that the passports would have been linked through the immigration system.

Cheers, Rick

My understanding is he left through a non-computerised border.

I think you are giving him too much credit for having an escape plan before the alleged incident.

Maybe I am, just a thought. I certainly would not like to be in his position trying to get out of Thailand after allegedly committing a serious offence, even though I do have 2 passports. It's easy to talk about, but to actually do it is another thing. Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens going forward. I would also be interested to know what charges the UK authorities are holding him on, if not for extradition?

Cheers, Rick

Well this is the first instance i have seen in an internet forum of anybody using the new management speak bullsx=t phrase ' Going forward '. What possessed you to type that? Have you put it any where else?

On the subject of Aldhouse he will stay schtum and deny everything. They'll never get him, these days you need to be practically on camera to get convicted of anything, and even then it's possible to get off.

Well this is the first instance i have seen in an internet forum of anybody using the new management speak bullsx=t phrase ' Going forward '. What possessed you to type that? Have you put it any where else?

On the subject of Aldhouse he will stay schtum and deny everything. They'll never get him, these days you need to be practically on camera to get convicted of anything, and even then it's possible to get off.

He was on camera grabbing the murder weapon from a 7/11.