The Kuyt Goal Against Sunderland

MSingh

Pick one  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He wasn't goal hanging, he was a few yards from the half way line when he started his run.

But he was 20 Yards closer to the Goal line than any other opposition Defender except the Goalkeeper when the ball was played, in a forward direction, to him & that's my point in that the ruling as it stands, is ridiculous..

Edit : When the Ball was played to him in the instance that i called offside in the first place, he was just outside the Penalty area.

Edited by MSingh

He wasn't goal hanging, he was a few yards from the half way line when he started his run.

But he was 20 Yards closer to the Goal line than any other opposition Defender except the Goalkeeper when the ball was played, in a forward direction, to him & that's my point in that the ruling as it stands, is ridiculous..

Edit : When the Ball was played to him in the instance that i called offside in the first place, he was just outside the Penalty area.

To be fair Singhy i am now going to look to at you in a different light, i always thought you knew the rules of the game ;):D.

Perhaps not knowing the rules doesn'y qualify you to post on TV :D :D

Edited by alfieconn

Singhers, the key to this is that to be off-side, he has to be in front of BOTH the ball AND the second-to-last defender. I think that you are happy that all was ok at the point of the free kick (apart from the un-sportsmanship debate)?

Torres then ran up the field with the ball and Kuyt was always behind the ball, so was staying on-side. If he had gone in front of the ball and Torres passed it to him, he would have been deemed to be off-side because he would have then been BOTH in front of the ball AND the second-to-last defender.

And it works the same the other way around. A player can be in front of the ball as long as he is behind the second-to-last defender.

Singhers, the key to this is that to be off-side, he has to be in front of BOTH the ball AND the second-to-last defender. I think that you are happy that all was ok at the point of the free kick (apart from the un-sportsmanship debate)?

Torres then ran up the field with the ball and Kuyt was always behind the ball, so was staying on-side. If he had gone in front of the ball and Torres passed it to him, he would have been deemed to be off-side because he would have then been BOTH in front of the ball AND the second-to-last defender.

And it works the same the other way around. A player can be in front of the ball as long as he is behind the second-to-last defender.

I do completely understabd the rruling Mate, i do, i just think it's <deleted> ridiculous you know..

The reason why i think that is that Torres passed the Ball forward to Kuyt who was 20 Yards in front of the second from last Defender, that to me makes no sense at all how the rule can deem him as onside, although i understand that the rule does, i just think it's ridiculous that it does..

To be fair Singhy i am now going to look to at you in a different light, i always thought you knew the rules of the game ;):D.

Perhaps not knowing the rules doesn'y qualify you to post on TV :D :D

I understand & know the rules Alfredo especially after learning about this instance of the offside rule, that doesn't really happen that much in all fairness..

I just don't agree with it in the slightest as to me it contradicts other parts of the rule in other instances, much like life really..:D