Ed Visa Questions, Please Help

Just trying to find out some information about ED visa rules

1. If i had ED Visa, and i decided to open a company, is it possible and if so would i have to change the visa to NON B?

2. I know with ED Visa, i have to report every 90 days, but was also told that immigration can approve 1 year stay without having to report every 90 days.

So does anyone have the answers or know the rules.

Knowing TV and its members, i like to request that only people who know 100% reply as this is not a discussion thread on what you think.

PS.Yes i am aware that NON B would be easier to open a company but this is not the questions been asked

Thank you in advance:jap:

1. Not possible to apply for a work permit on education visa, you need to have a letter from your school stating you left education only in case if you are eligible to change it to Non-Immigrant Business inside Thailand, you don’t need a letter from school if you apply outside Thailand for Non-Immigrant Business visa.

2. 90days reporting has nothing to do with the visa, as long as you are in the kingdom for 90days than you are up for the reporting.

Edited by wolfgangbkk

1. Not possible to apply for a work permit on education visa, you need to have a letter from your school stating you left education only in case if you are eligible to change it to Non-Immigrant Business inside Thailand, you don’t need a letter from school if you apply outside Thailand for Non-Immigrant Business visa.

2. 90days reporting has nothing to do with the visa, as long as you are in the kingdom for 90days than you are up for the reporting.

Aha, thank you i see about the point 2

About point one. Question is not about work permit, i know that can only be applied for with NON B. But the question is with ED, can i open a company without having to change the visa to NON B

1. Not possible to apply for a work permit on education visa, you need to have a letter from your school stating you left education only in case if you are eligible to change it to Non-Immigrant Business inside Thailand, you don't need a letter from school if you apply outside Thailand for Non-Immigrant Business visa.

Aha, thank you i see about the point 2

About point one. Question is not about work permit, i know that can only be applied for with NON B. But the question is with ED, can i open a company without having to change the visa to NON B

You can set up a company on any type of visa. Its what you want to do after the company is set up that counts!