Non-imigrant visa in my homecountry

Hi here!

I´m happy to find this forum becaurse I have been struggled to find out what to do for my friend that wants to marrige in Thailand and stay there. He does not write english very well so I write for him  :o

He is retired, have his mounthly payments send from his Danish bank to his his Thailand bank. He does not have any big money account to show up, do he have a house in Bangkok.

He traveled to Thailand about 1. october with a tourist visa, He have found a women in Thailand, and they have decided to marriage. But suddently he had a letter from The Foreign Affairs Ministry that he schould leave the country within 10 days. He told them of his plans and they told him to go to the Thai-ambassady in Copenhagen to get a non-immigrant visa.

Now I want to make sure that he don´t have to travel around the globe anymore, so could anybody here explain what papers are neassary before he goes to the ambassy and apply for a non-emmigrant visa. I have notised in other post that there are serval non-immigrant visas - witch one schould he choose ? ...... I also so somebody mentiont a retirement visa - would that be an option for him ?

As I understand most of the stuff here - its like the authorities in general are interessted in people that will do buisness, or people that have some money on their bank-accounts - else they will have to struggle to stay in Thailand. Is it so, or does it just looks like that ?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Best from

BoBo

If he has been in Thailand since 1 October and getting letters from the Foreign Ministry it sounds as if he is now an overstay and should immediately take care of that problem by getting out of Thailand and re-enter with a proper visa.  If he has married he should be able to obtain a non-immigrant visa from Penang using his marriage paperwork (although it might be good for wife to be with him the first time).  If he has not married yet they 'might' issue a non-immigrant visa on the basis of a letter from her that marriage is about to take place.  These visas require 90 day exit/return but if he can get 200k or 250k into a Thai bank account and supply documentation of regular transfers in the amount you say he has into this account he will be able to extend his visa a year at a time in country as supporting a Thai wife.  He does not seem to have the income or cash to qualify for a retirement type visa.

Hi;

There is no way the thai embassy will issue him a type o visa if he is not married BUT if he is Married there is no trouble getting one in either Penanag or Singapore.

In Singapore (where I used to get mine before I got my one year retirement visa) it cost $92 singapore dollars show them 1 copy of your marriage certificate and give them 2 photos for a 1 year multiple entry type on visa!!  turn in in monday thru thrusday in the morn- pick it up the next afternoon!!

FYI:  I did in fact receive non-immigrant class "O" visas on several occasions on the basis of a pending marriage from the Royal Thai Consulate in Penang, where I applied with my wife-to-be, so I stand by my post.  It may or may not be the policy today but it has been in the past.

Thanks a lot for your help

I think I will need to read more carefull about the different visa-types here on this site before I go ahead with anything.

For the reccord. He is not yet married, but have papers that they will (pending). He is here in Denmark right now, and want everything that need to be done here from Denmark organised wheile he is here - he can´t affort to travel around the globe to get papers everytime he need another paper.

Best from

BoBo  ::o: