Hotels In Bangkok Refuse Blacks And Indians

george

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit that there is bigotry in Thailand and it comes in different shapes. However reading that article I was thinking all the way through it Bull Shi Cancel engagements because he had to change hotels, all the staff against him, refusing to refund his money.

Sorry I am not buying it. By the way who is he never heard of him.

The one thing that doe's hurt me is the number of bigots here on TV. Big talk behind there key boards wonder if they are that blatant with it in there real life. :realangry:

And you Yanks should get off your high horse. Weren't you the most recent owners of slaves in the western world?

Thailand had them until 1905

Look at the back of a 100baht note. Also in 1867 33 percent of the Thai population was owned by landlords i.e. household slaves

Slavery and discrimination like this have nothing to do with it. Nor does discrimination and slavery in the states have any relationship to each other but for the fact some blacks had been from slave families, discrimination was also acted out on Spanish and Irishmen, Italians, Jews, and other groups - it just depended on where you were at the time..

:wai:

On Khao San Road, there are lots of guest houses not allowing Thais in (funny note: I was with a Thai with dual nationality.

The reason behind this is they are trying to keep prostitutes out of their establishments. A lot of hookers (male and female) use cheap guesthouses as "short time" palaces.

Some boutique resorts discriminate against Thais because they feel Thais like to cook in their rooms and are cheapskates when it comes to dining in. Basically they feel Thais aren't easy to fleece and they'd rather stick with foreigners where they can build up the rep as a "foreign resort" and have easy to fleece clientele as well.

It's all business and money based. Very little of the discrimination you see is some ideological stuff.

The only people to try to sell me drugs in Thailand were "vendors" on Chaweng Beach on Koh Samui. In my several brief visits to BKK I never ran across any West Africans let alone any selling drugs. However, when I lived in Guangzhou, China for a couple months, each and every African I passed on the street at night was trying to sell me drugs. I seriously doubt any of them were staying in hotels. I would imagine several crammed inside a small flat like many of the lower income foreigners here in Dubai (10-12 in a studio flat)

Way I look at it if a business wants to exclude me I do not go there, nor want to.

I am not a Racist...

That said, I try to look at the whole issue from business point of view.

Given that vast majority of Thai hotels are near empty, think what pains the management had to go through to implement such a policy!!!

My heart is bleeding for them, when I think what events, deeds, scandals and embarassment they went through, before such drastic measures at times like this one.... And BRAVO to Thai Laws (for once!) allowing this to happen.

The problem here was caused by Ribkats, manager, promotor, and this whole controversey is damage control, i think any business has the right and is obliged to avoid problems, can you imagine a bunch of rap gangstas marching into your foyer, daggy arse pants and full of attitude, make the lower soi mob look like missionaries, blame is 100 % with Ribkats managment.

The problem here was caused by Ribkats, manager, promotor, and this whole controversey is damage control, i think any business has the right and is obliged to avoid problems, can you imagine a bunch of rap gangstas marching into your foyer, daggy arse pants and full of attitude, make the lower soi mob look like missionaries, blame is 100 % with Ribkats managment.

In Thailand hotel managers can choose who they have as guests. In the UK a Christian couple objected to having a homosexual couple sleeping together in one of their guest house rooms and were prosecuted. I'm surprised that bleeding heart liberals even bother to visit Thailand especially when there are multicultural Utopias such as the UK which will cater for their beliefs. Were I to hold such views my principles would deter me from ever setting foot in the LOS.

A side project of Linkin Park If you don't know them your living under a rock. I am not a rap fan but a music fan and some of linkin parks stuff is rather good. This is Fort Minor

Wait till MTV and Rolling Stone get involved -

Just 5 years ago it was very common to see signs at bars and restaurants around Pattaya that read, "NO ARABS TO SIT HERE." Some would have more details such as, "No Arabs Allowed. We respect your faith in Islam but do not want you in our establishment accosting our women." Then one day all of the signs were gone and the city is full of Arabs. :blink:

And lets not forget the "Japanese Only" bars in various cities around Thailand (and the world). Ever been to Japan? "Gaijin" (non-Japanese - outside person) is not allowed in many places.

A private establishment makes their own rules. Ugly as it may be, what can you do?

I knew of a bar (since closed) on Samui which had a similar sign. It was taken down during a re-modelling and not put back up until a local BIB asked. They were regularly receiving tea money from arabs to hassle the owner, a duty he had never bothered to carry out.

I regularly refuse to rent motorcycles to Thais and some other persons - this has nothing to do with race, just business. In the past, Thais have had accidents then claimed to have no money for repairs, have copied keys with intent to steal the bike, and have rented a bike and changed parts on their own bike. I will also not rent to 3 (Italian, I think) cheap charlies who wanted to rent 1 Wave, or to a Greek gent around 150kg, as the damage done to the bike exceeds the rental return.

With Thais, I will and have rented to those personally known to me, even to use as a taxi while his own bike was being repaired. My Thai g/f objects to me renting to bar girls, as there is tendency to offer discount services in lieu of cash.

A side project of Linkin Park If you don't know them your living under a rock. I am not a rap fan but a music fan and some of linkin parks stuff is rather good. This is Fort Minor

Wait till MTV and Rolling Stone get involved -

Having viewed the clip, I think I prefer it under my rock.

There's nothing in the OP that indicates exactly (or even roughly) when this alleged incident allegedly occurred, so no idea of telling when this RibKat Twitter post happened in relation to the alleged incident, but it seems things were going well for him when he Tweetered this <deleted> (or whatever it's called):

BEEN IN THAILAND FOR 2 WEEKS NOW AND IM LOVIN IT!

2:51 PM Sep 6th via web

http://twitter.com/RIBKAT

Edited by Buchholz

Having stayed at the Nasa Vegas on one occasion I found that most of the patrons were of Indian or African/African American cast BUT there were no problems at all having attended two meals in the restaurant and several hours at the bar over a 28 hour stay.

Can't quite understand what has triggered this lot.

I am more surprised a 'rapper' is staying at a cheap shoddy hotel.
and you need to be sure <deleted> you are talking about!! Ever been to or stayed there?

That hotel or residence is right new my place and at the foot of an Airport link station. I've seen blacks, indians, Muslims and other races go in there. I don't know why anyone would want to stay in that place. I checked it out and it reminded me of an old persons home. It stunk.

I posted several ads in the newspaper trying rent out a condo.

I receive several calls a day mostly from agents asking if I would use their services.

Quite frequently I get asked if there are any restrictions on potential renters.

I asked "what type of restrictions are you referring to"?

"Most owners do not want blacks Indians and middle easterners, and a couple times mentioned Koreans" :blink: dont know why on the last one?

Just for amusement I asked why, and they usually say, d"irty smelly and you dont want trouble with rent deadbeats etc"..

• Like 1

While this alleged act is wrong, I am more surprised a 'rapper' is staying at a cheap shoddy hotel.

I was thinking the same thing. My friend stayed there one night and then checked out and into something better, hel_l if he can only afford a 500 baht per night hotel then something is wrong.

It's absolutely disgusting and abhorrent to make bad assumptions about a person based on the colour of their skin, their " class " status or the country they are from. The sort of person who would do such a thing is nothing more than a low life bigot who I would never wish to associate with. We are all one under the skin, all equal and deserving of the same respect as fellow human beings.

I just want to throw in my stick of dynamite and ask the question, " If skin colour is not an issue, why are Thai people so hel_l bent on being light skinned to indicate to others, they are of a higher class? Note all the skin whitening products here, most of these products are banned in the west, as being classed as known carcinogens? " Thoughts to ponder for today.

Have a wonderful day rainbow peoples.

Edited by ThaiMouse

Just 5 years ago it was very common to see signs at bars and restaurants around Pattaya that read, "NO ARABS TO SIT HERE." Some would have more details such as, "No Arabs Allowed. We respect your faith in Islam but do not want you in our establishment accosting our women." Then one day all of the signs were gone and the city is full of Arabs. :blink:

And lets not forget the "Japanese Only" bars in various cities around Thailand (and the world). Ever been to Japan? "Gaijin" (non-Japanese - outside person) is not allowed in many places.

A private establishment makes their own rules. Ugly as it may be, what can you do?

I knew of a bar (since closed) on Samui which had a similar sign. It was taken down during a re-modelling and not put back up until a local BIB asked. They were regularly receiving tea money from arabs to hassle the owner, a duty he had never bothered to carry out.

I regularly refuse to rent motorcycles to Thais and some other persons - this has nothing to do with race, just business. In the past, Thais have had accidents then claimed to have no money for repairs, have copied keys with intent to steal the bike, and have rented a bike and changed parts on their own bike. I will also not rent to 3 (Italian, I think) cheap charlies who wanted to rent 1 Wave, or to a Greek gent around 150kg, as the damage done to the bike exceeds the rental return.

With Thais, I will and have rented to those personally known to me, even to use as a taxi while his own bike was being repaired. My Thai g/f objects to me renting to bar girls, as there is tendency to offer discount services in lieu of cash.

Thanks, OzMick, you made me laugh. You are a sensible ozzy with a sensible lady. Good luck to you both.:D:rolleyes::)

I just want to throw in my stick of dynamite and ask the question, " If skin colour is not an issue, why are Thai people so hel_l bent on being light skinned to indicate to others, they are of a higher class? Note all the skin whitening products here, most of these products are banned in the west, as being classed as known carcinogens? " Thoughts to ponder for today.

Have a wonderful day rainbow peoples.

I wonder what puts you at a greater risk of cancer, the whitening practiced by Thai, or the excessive tanning practiced in the west?

And skin colour is an issue, it's just those liberal Americans who like to pretend everyone is equal. The fact is wherever you go in the world, if you are in a country with a lighter populace and a darker populace, chances are it is the lighter populace who is going to be more affluent.

Do you even know how retarded you sound? I mean really?

• Like 1

They should just keep rappers out of Thailand, period. It's not even music.

I nearly wet myself laughing the first time I went clubbing in Ratchada, all these Thai teenagers and early 20s wandering around dressed up like some gangsta American negroes.

I had to resist the urge to go and slap a few.

• Like 1

I fail to see how this is a problem.

Many bars do not let them in either, because we don't want to drink with them.

I said to a bargirl once, 'Why do you keep the blacks out?' and she said 'Because if Farang see African man, he not come in'.

I said 'Yep, you're right'.

All they do is try and sell me cocaine, and try to 'look after me' on Sukhumvit. It gets quite tiring.

Thanks for your post which reminds us that racism is as widespread amongst Westerners as it is amongst Thais.

One night for a laugh as I was walking around the Nana - Asok area, I decided to simply approach every black I saw and ask for cocaine or weed. Every single one was able to give me info, prices, tell me where to go.

The only reason Africans are there is to commit crime. I'm not speaking from prejudice, I am speaking from experience.

As for the Indians, they're just .. [ 2 words deleted ]

Will be fun watching how fast you get banned :rolleyes:

Will be fun watching how fast you get banned :rolleyes:

lol just calling it how I see it.

It was only 30 or 40 years ago that the supposed home of Liberty, America, had legal segregation.

Now I think we all know that Thailand is more than 30 or 40 years behind the western world, so we probably shouldn't judge them using western standards.

How many white hip-hop artists, sing songs/rap about selling crack and other drugs on the streets and pimping vulnerable women as prostitutes, and beating them if they don't earn enough cash? Who also brag about doing drive by shootings and murdering people?

How many white hip-hop artists, sing songs/rap about selling crack and other drugs on the streets and pimping vulnerable women as prostitutes, and beating them if they don't earn enough cash? Who also brag about doing drive by shootings and murdering people?

I don't know much about rap, but to be fair, in Folsom Prison Blues, Johnny Cash did talk about shooting a man just to watch him die :P

Regardless of how many black guys on Sukhumvit sell drugs, or how many Israelis in Chiang Mai order a 10B plate of rice and put 20B of ketchup on it, or how many people from Isaan agree to sell their vote, or how many suicide bomb attacks in the world are caused by young muslims from the Arab world - racial profiling, or profiling in any other form, is fundamentally wrong.

I'm surprised that so much of the Thaivisa community, who all have the intelligence to turn on a computer, use the Internet and even type, do not recognise this.

Oh, and as a 32-year-old who has been permanently living here since 23 (and been in great shape the whole time), hayden5650 - you are nowhere near as attractive as you think you are. Thai women believe a husband/bf/whatever has more appeal if they can provide security and stability for them and their family. It took me a while to figure that one out.

• Like 2

We have a saying in New Zealand, for whenever a foreigner complains of racism or if he doesn't like the way things are done;

"If you don't like it, go home."

Thai people have no obligation to make anyone feel welcome in their country. It's THEIR country.

maoris had no chance , sick land intruders

the sheep-shaggers were first? :lol:

What a dirt story. If someone publishes this kind of rubbish, they should be so kind to ask a comment from the hotel. Not one person in the world is as stupid as the writer of this piece of junk assumes they are. Not one Thai Hotel operator will tell that it is hotel policy to discriminate against blacks and Indians. The story is outright stupid. <div><br></div><div>If I was the manager I would sue the editor for publishing this rubbish. It looks far more like a disgruntled fan or the rapper himself has put up a story  to explain why he was thrown out of the hotel. it is far more likely that these kind of people distur other guests, use drugs, too much alcohol, treat each and every lady like a hooker and so on. Good luck to the hotel. I would have kicked the rapper out myself as it was only for the rude story lines that these people use.</div>