Hotels In Bangkok Refuse Blacks And Indians

george

I am shocked at the amount of racism on this board! :o not every black dude sells drugs for a living.

No, some of them sell it out of habit!

The rest are email scammers right ? Ha ha ha

Nope, those are based in Nigeria - I contact as a trustful person because ...... - there must still be some idiots falling for that scam though :blink: I heard the Nigerian Embassy is relocating to Ngang Num Wan to be closer to Klong Prem to make their staffs life easier and safe a lot of time :whistling:

:) ok all colours I am off to do some lounging about in my house and to read other printed materials. Don't do drugs or other naughty stuff.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absolutely disgusting and abhorrent to make bad assumptions about a person based on the colour of their skin, their " class " status or the country they are from. The sort of person who would do such a thing is nothing more than a low life bigot who I would never wish to associate with. We are all one under the skin, all equal and deserving of the same respect as fellow human beings.

I just want to throw in my stick of dynamite and ask the question, " If skin colour is not an issue, why are Thai people so hel_l bent on being light skinned to indicate to others, they are of a higher class? Note all the skin whitening products here, most of these products are banned in the west, as being classed as known carcinogens? " Thoughts to ponder for today.

Have a wonderful day rainbow peoples.

Sorry but all the above that I posted was a lead-in to my feeble punchline at the bottom of my post which you omitted to include. :)

It's absolutely disgusting and abhorrent to make bad assumptions about a person based on the colour of their skin, their " class " status or the country they are from. The sort of person who would do such a thing is nothing more than a low life bigot who I would never wish to associate with. We are all one under the skin, all equal and deserving of the same respect as fellow human beings.

I just want to throw in my stick of dynamite and ask the question, " If skin colour is not an issue, why are Thai people so hel_l bent on being light skinned to indicate to others, they are of a higher class? Note all the skin whitening products here, most of these products are banned in the west, as being classed as known carcinogens? " Thoughts to ponder for today.

Sorry but all the above that I posted was a lead-in to my feeble punchline at the bottom of my post which you omitted to include. :)

I omitted your comment about the french dude. Sorry.

By my count, I have heard of/observed Thai/farang owned businesses in Thailand which discriminate against/exclude blacks, Indians, Middle eastern people, Burmese, Hill tribes, strangers and in a few cases farang and/or Thai. So the possibility that anyone from anywhere in the world could eventually find someone/place in Thailand where they would not be served or feel unwanted is fairly high. But, this can probably be said for every country in the world, so why make such a deal out of it?

There are small minded people everywhere!

Seem to have more than there fair share here!

It is a private business. It is their right to deny access to anyone. They should not try to steal his booking payment.

Any sort of discrimination laws in this country, by any chance? Or is any private business free to shoot as they please?!?

A hotel is private property so, like your house, they can refuse entry to whoever they like. Sucks in some ways but that's how it is.

The problem here was caused by Ribkats, manager, promotor, and this whole controversey is damage control, i think any business has the right and is obliged to avoid problems, can you imagine a bunch of rap gangstas marching into your foyer, daggy arse pants and full of attitude, make the lower soi mob look like missionaries, blame is 100 % with Ribkats managment.

Totally concur.

It is true that in the last 2 - 3 years they came a lot of black drug pushers into Soi 3 - 7.

Please let us all be sane. Don't denie it.

The problem is there.

Disgusting foreigners taking jobs away from Thais ! ;)

How come in this job they don't need work permits, I thought every farang needed a work permit, even to dig weeds in their own garden? :lol:

90% of the black people I have known in Thailand have been superior jazz or funk musicians who are professional and act with class and respect for others. Are put up in the top hotels, and leave on good terms. Several also go and play at the palace in Hua Hin for HRM by royal command.

Another 10% are the usual hustlers and 'stick it to the man for our history' types, or dysfunctional scrabblers. 10% within ANY culture is going to be off the regular paths of well considered life.

I suspect most winging on about this are really hanging in the wrong parts of society

when they are meeting Africans of various nefarious stripes.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

90% of the black people I have known in Thailand have been superior jazz or funk musicians who are professional and act with class and respect for others. Are put up in the top hotels, and leave on good terms. Several also go and play at the palace in Hua Hin for HRM by royal command.

Another 10% are the usual hustlers and 'stick it to the man for our history' types, or dysfunctional scrabblers. 10% within ANY culture is going to be off the regular paths of well considered life.

I suspect most winging on about this are really hanging in the wrong parts of society

when they are meeting Africans of various nefarious stripes.

" I suspect most winging on about this are really hanging in the wrong parts of society

when they are meeting Africans of various nefarious stripes."

Nah not at all. We are just complaining about the crapper, er I mean rapper in the original story.

The problem here was caused by Ribkats, manager, promotor, and this whole controversey is damage control, i think any business has the right and is obliged to avoid problems, can you imagine a bunch of rap gangstas marching into your foyer, daggy arse pants and full of attitude, make the lower soi mob look like missionaries, blame is 100 % with Ribkats managment.

Totally concur.

Easy to see that also,

so give them back their money.

And then they can find another hotel.

Totally concur.

Easy to see that also,

so give them back their money.

And then they can find another hotel.

What are you nuts, try to get your rent deposit money back from a thai owner? You stand more chance of getting a beating than your money back. But that is another matter altogether.

By my count, I have heard of/observed Thai/farang owned businesses in Thailand which discriminate against/exclude blacks, Indians, Middle eastern people, Burmese, Hill tribes, strangers and in a few cases farang and/or Thai. So the possibility that anyone from anywhere in the world could eventually find someone/place in Thailand where they would not be served or feel unwanted is fairly high. But, this can probably be said for every country in the world, so why make such a deal out of it?

Because it is wrong. I stay away from everyone, it's safer but lonely. I try to go to places that are empty. It was difficult in India and China.:blink:

I and my Thaï wife wefe once denie"d access to a guest house un Kao San ; I spat on the hag's floor for the lose face and she was lucky I was wife my lady I would have been more physical had I been alone. Though I knew there's a policy for whores or because I knew; she had a French Passport then but there was no discussing we found another one not far .

Now I keep this Nasa address , I can't stand rap ; once I was in a hotel and there were Nigeria young men at breakfast and tried a polite conversation and they were quite rudde . I don't care to see any more of that kind thanks.

Is the place forbidden to Pakistanese as well ? Bearded would-be Jihadists are to be shunned at all price too.

What is that about ?

isn 't it what they have created ? aren t they proud of it now ? and how do they feel now when it s their turn ?

it is good that they now feel the racism against them , when thai or chinese origin people are going abroad , the white and black are always mocking them, (specially in France but this is another common racism story) , taking them as an easy prey .

See what happened to pratunam now , before it was a good place to chill out , now our pratunam , watergate became IndiaAfro Gate , this is against nature .

Coming back to France , It is a shame for me who understand French langage , to welcome my thai or chinese friends there, this country 's racism reached the point of no return .

1st stage : airport

they are systematically stopping asian looking like people when , the white guy and the black guy with the so fake Louis Vuitton are passing through

this is because french customs know that asians are nice and won t cause them problem arguing , but it is so unfair as they make the asians queuing for inspection ...

2nd stage : out of the airport

the lowest grade employee , the one who is cleaning , half breed white and black feel comfortable when taking my friends apart mocking them as : chinetok small chinese , lemon etc ... and joking with the customs officers .. that s a shame ...

I think that the french people are just arrogant by nature , and you are falling for it , the french wine , the cooking , the fashion , the luxe but what s behind ? come to their sad country and you will be " the miserable "

better stop talking about them that is really making me sick ,

to come back to the news , just resume it as : " for once it 's your turn , ENJOY "

It shows the kind of people you associate with then, ive never once seen a white male pushing drugs in Sukhumvit or causing trouble in gangs like the West Africans do, theyre the reason why i will never step into this area again in the evening.

Pity the decent blacks suffer because of them. This company must have their reasons for taking such measures.

While visiting or living in Bangkok, from time to time I would be approached by a Black person, just as I might be approached by a Thai or westerner. Admittedly, most of the African men who chatted me up were into some type of scam. However, I never made the assumption ahead of the conversation. As soon as it became clear it was a scam, I walked away.

Same with Thais who hang around places like the Grand Palace. More than once I was approached, only to discover it was a scam attempt. But I always listened at the beginning, then simply walked away if it went that way. But often very nice Thai people approached me just to chat and meet an American or practice their English.

Years ago I took one of the cruises back from Ayuttaya. The boat happened to be full of German tourists that time. Many were extremely loud and boisterous and very rude toward the Thai staff on board. But after that, I never automatically made the assumption that every German tourist I saw would be loud, boisterous and rude.

Making decisions purely based on racial profiling is immoral. Period. That this attitude is so prevalent in Thailand is just one more reason that my respect for Thailand has diminished.

So it appears you are saying (not implying) , that learning even a little from PERSONAL experience is immoral if it concerns racial issues. You must believe you will live to be 1000 years old if you have that kind of time to waste.

Your living in the land of no regretsph34r.gif

I love your avatar fred 007. I normal places cars get put on a lift for servicing, but your picture of the donkey is just too funny. Wonder what part need servicing or replacement? Have a really good day.

Edited by ThaiMouse

Disgusting foreigners taking jobs away from Thais ! ;)

How come in this job they don't need work permits, I thought every farang needed a work permit, even to dig weeds in their own garden? :lol:

I have always been curious about this as well. Does anyone know how these foreigners apparently have no trouble staying in Thailand, when it's a huge, sometimes expensive pain in the ass for European or American farangs to do the same? Are they just there illegally and don't care if they're deported? And why do they come in the first place... surely it's not cheap to get to Thailand from wherever they're from, they're obviously poor, and they *remain* poor in Thailand and have to put up with discrimination and so on. I guess it must be *really* bad wherever they're from.*

I'm just ignorant regarding this kind of thing, I guess - while in my mind I can come up with situations where it makes sense for these people to be in Thailand, I'm not sure what the reality is. I also don't quite understand e.g. all the foreign tailors - if the tailors were Thai the whole tailor shop scene would make perfect sense to me, but as it is they're mostly Indian and I don't really get it (didn't stop me from having a suit made, just curious why they bother to come to Thailand).

Of course, in Europe and the US we have the same thing going on, lots of poor people trying to immigrate. They usually are stuck with terrible jobs, or going into the same rackets they get into in Thailand. So it's not like I can't imagine at all why they do it. It still seems rather strange to me in Thailand's case, though, because there seems to be an endless supply of poor Thais who are doing all the low-paying jobs.

* As I typed that I realized the irony of me saying this - I'm currently trying to get a teaching job in Thailand, and while it's something I really want to do anyway, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that part of what motivates me to do it is that there aren't any jobs in the US for recent graduates. That's a little different than trying to go to Thailand so I can sell drugs or be a scam artist, of course.

Apart from the French....

%%

the envy and jealousy at the French's culture,charm & wit is always a surprise ; well , must keep in mind USA is like its cars, nice plastic hood and a puffy tractor engine under.

More and more French have gotten wary of this permanent mud slinging , we're aware of the attemps to sink our economy and twist our policies.

US GO HOME ! if that's what you want,with your O'bama joke of a prez, and you won't be missed.

The nerve of the US to ask SNCF abouty the Jew trains ! as though the US didn't do businesswith the nazis and any sophomore knosw it..

as to rap singers, all they can do is throw racial slurs and incite racist violenceagainst the white for 'colonialism' ; they should not even be issued visas

@Iocera

yes Roissyis Africa, arabs and blacks took the place over ,( have to give jobs to nearby gangs) the French don't feel at ease there either, they're singled out too and there are problems .lots of islamists among them at sensitive places for shure too; and bagage stolen by the tons ; the worst part is the notoriious RER train going to Paris, better take a taxi. But those people are French like I'm from KOh Tao !

Edited by souvenirdeparis
  • Like 2

I fail to see how this is a problem.

Many bars do not let them in either, because we don't want to drink with them.

I said to a bargirl once, 'Why do you keep the blacks out?' and she said 'Because if Farang see African man, he not come in'.

I said 'Yep, you're right'.

All they do is try and sell me cocaine, and try to 'look after me' on Sukhumvit. It gets quite tiring.

Thanks for your post which reminds us that racism is as widespread amongst Westerners as it is amongst Thais.

One night for a laugh as I was walking around the Nana - Asok area, I decided to simply approach every black I saw and ask for cocaine or weed. Every single one was able to give me info, prices, tell me where to go.

The only reason Africans are there is to commit crime. I'm not speaking from prejudice, I am speaking from experience.

As for the Indians, they're just .. [ 2 words deleted ]

For a start thats blatent bullshit and secondly why would you even imagine something like that is fun.

A lie to support a stupid arguement? Blacks all sell drugs because youve seen a few do it. I guess all the white men in Sukhumvit must be sex tourists then.

I am Indian and i live in Thailand from 10 years working for International organization. I don't choose to come here to work, rather my organization put me to work here, because it is the global base for my work. There are plenty of difficulties as a guest here. I know many guest houses refuse to talk to Indians in general, even we are ready to pay the price for the room. By Phone they confirm you that room available, after they see us they refuse. So i tell my nationality first to make sure i get the room. There are many facts that in the past Indians came for lower positions to work, so Thais did have a classification about Indians. Not anymore, things have changed recently. We are economically growing better, country is doing good, people are wealthy now a days. Not all Thai's are like that, some of them are very good in fact taking care the guests regardless of race and color. If the owner taking care the business they don't care who pay money, they need business. Those are run by the employees, try to choose customers, so that they can get better tips when they leave. So many countries are welcoming Indian talents. Not many Indians choose to come to Thailand, rather they go to US/UK to find better jobs and life. In India itself plenty of beautiful places to see and visit, lot of tourists rush to India now a days. Crazy Indians ones come here to visit the brothels, because ticket is not expensive. Indians should start holidaying in our own country to improve economy.

• Like 1

it's not cheap to get to Thailand from wherever they're from, they're obviously poor

@penguinchris

all sons of nomenklatura, politicians, oil dealers, they live better than us.

In France they scam and scam and there's nothing the police will do because they all have high connexions with " friends of la France " ie there's uranium in theig round that they're unable to find, excavate, let alone use, and we do it for them all heftily paid, and the sons may have good time at their pleasure here; and probably in other parts of the world.

Edited by souvenirdeparis

Nasa Vegas is a sh*thole and anyone that is staying there is obviously on a tight budget or oblivious. There are literally about 30 better options within a 20 km radius.

I recently stayed at the Nasa Vegas and it was great for the money. Following their recent announcement I'll definitely be staying there again if it keeps those Africans out!

My educated and sweet g/f is of honest peasant stock not far from BKK. She happened to be born with an ivory-white skin. Pure hazard because her younger sister was not. She uses all sorts of sun protection creams,will not go to the beach and, more to the point here discussed, speaks very disparagingly of the dark-skinned Isan girls and is mocking us farangs who seem not to mind (and even like!) dark-skinned girls. .

I've been in that area many times over the years and never been hassled by anyone other than tailors and then only half-heartedly. Having said that I was stopped by a Mormon the other day - Elder someone, which was a strange title to give himself considering he was barely past puberty.

Yes, I would say the same. Never been "hassled", not like in Amsterdam, London and other places. Been approached yes, but nothing in your face.

But around that area it's just head down A to B.

Going back to the original post - Yes, down right low.

I do know a mate however who owns a quiet back packing place up north, doesn't sell alcohol and it's up to his/her discretion who stays cos they want to keep the guests in a peaceful traveller friendly enviroment which is why I think they're right from restricting big groups of guys who are clearly football/loud/aggresive in nature from staying there. In that way, I believe that the hotel/guesthouse has a right.

Edited by mongoose11