Where To Buy Live Lobsters

Paul36

I don't want to eat in a restaurant, I just want to steam some lobster for myself at home. But where do I go? I won't buy any lobster that is already dead. I've seen some live Slipper Lobsters at the Makro but nowhere else. Lobsters can loose half their meat when kept alive in tanks without food for too long so I wonder where to go best! I'd also like to know where to get a large lobster or crabs since all I see being sold in the locals supermarkets are the small ones.

Naklua fresh seafood market. No need to go too early. Take the Naklua road all the way North and you will find a tree in the middle of the road and a car park on the left which is just off the beach and leads to the fresh seafood market. You will be spoiled for choice.

Alternatively, you can drive to the Bang Sarae fresh market which is even better than Na Klua.

Naklua fresh seafood market. No need to go too early. Take the Naklua road all the way North and you will find a tree in the middle of the road and a car park on the left which is just off the beach and leads to the fresh seafood market. You will be spoiled for choice.

Alternatively, you can drive to the Bang Sarae fresh market which is even better than Na Klua.

Sad but true...as a dedicated scuba diver, I see more variety of ocean fish, shellfish, sharks/rays, and crustaceans at this market than I do on any dive anywhere in Thai waters!

Bang Saray or Ban Amphur harbours, people there will go and catch them for you, dont get any fresher than that!!!

Ban Amphur is South along Sukhumvit about 17 kms(?) and turn right, it's signposted Ban Amphur Beach.

Ban Saray is farther along past Nong Nooch and you come to a set of traffic lights, turn right and you head into the village.

Well I currently feel like I'm dying after having purchased 7 live slipper lobsters from Makro... They were alive when I boiled them just 40 minutes after purchase and well done, sick or polluted perhaps? I've been horribly sick for 36 hours now. Also my cats and dog got sick and puked all over the place from the rabbit I fed them also purchased at the Makro... Something really wrong with that place!

^ Sorry to hear that Paul.

I buy most of my seafood at Macro and so far, knock on wood, no problems whatsoever.

I mostly buy their salmon and shrimp, great price compared to Lotus just down the road.

I know they have good seafood restaurant's there Bang Saray, any idea's or suggestion's of the best.

Rim Talay.

Head through the village and down past the wat to the pier and turn right and it's the last place along that row.

The road is up through the village at the moment though so it would be better coming in from the other end.

I know they have good seafood restaurant's there Bang Saray, any idea's or suggestion's of the best.

Rim Talay.

Head through the village and down past the wat to the pier and turn right and it's the last place along that row.

The road is up through the village at the moment though so it would be better coming in from the other end.

Thank you. Have friend's going next week.