At Least Three Dead In Bomb Blast At Bangkok Apartment Building

webfact

Now, maybe it's just me, but if I go to a political rally to hear some leader speech (because there are some points of his agenda I agree with or whatever), and the guy whips out a list of places to destroy and organizations to target, goes on about burning down a city and so on and so forth, again, it maybe just me and my silly beliefs, but at that point I'd get up and leave in disgust. Others may opt to shake that plastic clapper and continue to think those leaders are people to look up to for inspiration and guidance.

Whether you left in disgust or not would depend on how passionate you were about your cause. To get to the point of cheering at the idea of burning down buildings one would assume people felt pretty strongly about something.

Now you may think that level headed individuals who know right from wrong would NEVER allow themselves to get that carried away. And yet we see plenty of evidence in this very forum of that happening on a regular basis. Witness the hardcore anti-red obsessives whose indignation - whether caused by personal loss, perceived injustice or whatever else - has led them to call for nothing less than lynchings and further violence by way of retaliation.

Getting to the point of condoning, instigating or taking part of the sort of violence we saw during the Red Shirt riot is, in my opinion, ipso facto evidence of not having a level head. How people get from being a perfectly normal individual to a street savage could be explained to continuous propaganda and brain washing by self appointed (more like externally contracted actually) leaders hammering their hatred, lies and manipulations over days, weeks and months on end on easily suggestible people.

So what if easily suggestible people form a considerable voting block at elections. They are only easily suggestible because of the failings of previous governments. Is their vote less valid than that of anyone else's? They have a say in this country's future. You do not. It's called democracy. Any questions?

No, people are easily suggestible because of poor education and lack of critical thinking skills.

In any case it's not the same sort of thing to be swayed one way or another when choosing political party A or party B and being led into a rioting rampage by unscrupulous "leaders". To make a fine point of it, it's not the same to have a political view than to engage in criminal acts.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic