Best Courses In Pattaya?

Forethat

Friends,

We are going to Pattaya for a weekend and was planning to play some golf. We will play Plantation at Siam CC, but we are looking for one more course and this is where I need som assistance, because I haven't played much in the region.

If you would recommend one more course in Pattaya/Rayong, which one would it be??

Laem Chabang and Khao Keow are my choices as the best layouts there.

Both great courses but a little pricey. Another option is Phoenix

which is close to Pattaya (20 minutes) and less expensive.

I was thinking perhaps Phoenix since I hear this one is slightly undulated..?

Yes there are many undulations both fairways and greens. Also very mature course with nice trees and

vegetation. So it is nice, scenic place to play.

Yes there are many undulations both fairways and greens. Also very mature course with nice trees and

vegetation. So it is nice, scenic place to play.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread, but could you tell me the price at Phoenix? I am just getting back into golf and am interested in the less expensive courses here.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread, but could you tell me the price at Phoenix? I am just getting back into golf and am interested in the less expensive courses here.

2000 weekdays, 2500 weekends;

Caddy 250

golfcart not compulsory, 700

Sports days: Tue, Wed, Thu, Greenfee 800 B.Except Holiday Till 31October

• 3 weeks later...

[quote 2000 weekdays, 2500 weekends;

Caddy 250

golfcart not compulsory, 700

Sports days: Tue, Wed, Thu, Greenfee 800 B.Except Holiday Till 31October

I am amazed at the prices 63 GBP including tip for a round of golf. That would be about 45 but for the weakness of the pound.

I wonder if anyone plays on non 'sports days' and how busy they will be without them.

My course in England can't guarantee the weather no caddy, but is 40GBP for weekends and that makes you a member for the day not just 18 holes. Few people pay it of course because they become members.

Friends are surprised and impressed when I tell them how much I pay here, they were under the impression that Thailand was cheaper.

I am amazed at the prices 63 GBP including tip for a round of golf. That would be about 45 but for the weakness of the pound.

I wonder if anyone plays on non 'sports days' and how busy they will be without them.

My course in England can't guarantee the weather no caddy, but is 40GBP for weekends and that makes you a member for the day not just 18 holes. Few people pay it of course because they become members.

Friends are surprised and impressed when I tell them how much I pay here, they were under the impression that Thailand was cheaper.

I know what you mean, but I have a trick for you: One of the more prominent members of TV claims that Thailand isn't expensive at all, as long as you employ a bilingu.....trilingu....multilingual gardener. For instance, named gardener will lower the price on a new BMW with ~70%. Maybe the same principle applies to golf?

But, yes, I agree with you; golf is seriously expensive in Thailand.

Edited by Forethat

I have just returned from two weeks business/pleasure in UK and managed to fit a round of golf on a very nice course in Cambridgeshire, though it was a membership course we were able to book a time and the price - just 18 GBP.

Out here I play mainly at the local Thai Army base - 9 holes only and the occaisonal away day to Pattaya - mainly Phoenix.

This week we are off to Kanachanaburi, first time.

Someday I would like to visit Hua Hin & Phuket.