Dutchman Ryan ten Doeschate named ICC Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year

News_Editor

Dutchman Ryan ten Doeschate named ICC Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year

2010-10-06 21:54:29 GMT+7 (ICT)

BENGALURU, INDIA (BNO NEWS) -- Netherlands' all-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate on Wednesday was named the International Cricket Council (ICC) Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year during the LG ICC Awards in Bengaluru, India.

Ten Doeschate was chosen by the voting academy over other top Associate and Affiliate players which included Afghanistan's Mohammed Shahzad and the Ireland duo of Trent Johnston and Kevin O'Brien. It was the second time ten Doeschate has claimed the award, the first time he picked up the title was in 2008.

During the 12-month voting period, all-rounder ten Doeschate played for the Netherlands in five ODIs making one century and three half-centuries. His batting average was 121.33 for the period with a strike rate of 79.30.

In the one ICC Intercontinental Cup fixture played by the Dutchman during the voting period, ten Doeschate scored 212 not out versus Kenya, striking 22 fours and seven sixes in his first innings and 29 in his second while claiming 7-174 in the game with his skills as a medium-pace bowler.

The 30-year-old Essex player also played in four Twenty20 Internationals for his country scoring a total of 94 runs at an average of 47.

Ten Doeschate was not able to attend the LG ICC Awards in Bengaluru but expressed his appreciation of the award. "I'm really upset that I am unable to attend tonight's ceremony to accept my second ICC award," ten Doeschate said. "I feel extremely privileged to be once again recognised by the ICC and the Voting Academy for my performances this year."

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank the KNCB and my team-mates as well as the ICC for the continued support it shows to Associate and Affiliate cricket."

The Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year Award was one of nine individual prizes given at this year's LG ICC Awards. Indian Sachin Tendulkar was named cricketer of the year.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-06