Watch Those Immigration Guys!

All expats,Please check your stamps immediately after they hand you back your passport. I went to Nong Khai and exited the country for my 90 day stamp on a non-o last April. I assumed I got my regular stamp for another 90 days. Iwas a happy camper as I was set until I left for US on June 6th. As I was going through immigration at BKK airport on June 6th the immigration officer took my passport and started smiling as if he had won the lottery." It seems as if we have an overstay here", he says.The officer at Nong Khai for some reason or other stamped my passport only for 30 days.Therefore my stamp was only good until May . I tried to show the officer the non-o visa and the new 90 day stamp,which did not exist, but he did't seem to want my help. After a few tense minutes he found the problem and corrected it. I breathed a sigh of relief and went on to board my flight. From now on I will always check my stamps.

The same happened to me on a non imm B visa before I got my second WP. The woman stamped my passport then I noticed it was only for 30 days so I pointed it out to her. She just scribbled something over the top and stamped it again.